Windows 10

boubabi

• Head Moderator

4 hours ago, Draper said:

well you certainly cant call me a turd if your using norton!

I'm actually using Symantec corporate, which has the highest protection rating from the AV Institute and I get it for free :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Admin
On 3/17/2016 at 7:31 PM, Beketov said:

Just download avast. Completely free (just need to register yearly) and it works better than any other anti-virus I ever saw.

I ended up re-installing windows and decided to try this instead of re-downloading McAfee. Haven't had any issues so far.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, Draper said:

I ended up re-installing windows and decided to try this instead of re-downloading McAfee. Haven't had any issues so far.

As a bonus you can change its language to pirate English which is just entertaining.

• Senior Admin
38 minutes ago, Beketov said:

As a bonus you can change its language to pirate English which is just entertaining.

Off to the Avast settings I go

I gotta hand it to Windows 10. Ever since I got my laptop, I never could get sound to play through the TV when hooking it up to HDMI, no matter what I did. Sometimes bae and I would plug it in to my TV anyway and just use the computer speakers. Imagine my surprise today when we do this for the first time since upgrading, and suddenly the TV is blaring Walking Dead at us.

Thanks Microsoft!

On 3/16/2016 at 5:42 PM, Draper said:

welp i may have spoken too soon

p.s. dont judge my loony default background 

Hide contents

SUVILdx.jpg

Yeah that can be a pain. It's the main reason why I went back to 8.1 for a while before giving 10 a second chance. It doesn't really bother me much anymore since it doesn't happen too often and I just have to restart my computer to "fix" it.

But I don't actually know if my issue is the same you had. I didn't get the "critical error" message anymore when I went back to 10. The start menu just, from time to time, stopped working without any sort of message. And the first time I used it, I don't think restarting my computer solved the problem.

Edited by Streetlight

• Senior Admin
2 hours ago, Streetlight said:

Yeah that can be a pain. It's the main reason why I went back to 8.1 for a while before giving 10 a second chance. It doesn't really bother me much anymore since it doesn't happen too often and I just have to restart my computer to "fix" it.

But I don't actually know if my issue is the same you had. I didn't get the "critical error" message anymore when I went back to 10. The start menu just, from time to time, stopped working without any sort of message. And the first time I used it, I don't think restarting my computer solved the problem.

Yeah mine was fucked. I tried restarting, booting in safe mood, restarting the explorer, among other 'fixes' i found online. Only thing that worked was a re-install but it's been working great since then. 

My laptop has been wanting me to download this shit for awhile and are trying different things to get me to do it. Pretty sure they offered to blow me to do it yesterday. 

Should I do it?

• Senior Admin
1 hour ago, Smarch said:

My laptop has been wanting me to download this shit for awhile and are trying different things to get me to do it. Pretty sure they offered to blow me to do it yesterday. 

Should I do it?

Might as well. Now that mine's stable I do quite like it. 

2 hours ago, tfong said:

The devolution of english to using words like bae is a fucking greek tragedy.

Is this related to me saying Win10?

9 hours ago, Bojo said:

Is this related to me saying Win10?

I think it was more related to me saying "bae." Which FWIW I use tongue in cheek, but I suppose it's no different than using it completely unironically.

• Head Moderator
13 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

I think it was more related to me saying "bae." Which FWIW I use tongue in cheek, but I suppose it's no different than using it completely unironically.

Basically this. Stupid Beyonce or Cyrus or whomever you want to credit for the stupid word bae..