I hate media spots

jRuutu

They make my tummy ache.  I wish there would be a way that allows me to write and get a reward without anybody needing to read my quality work. Most of them are full of grammar mistakes and when those mean graders read them , they pick them out. Then I feel bad.To make things even worse, I spend some serious time to write them. It´s not like I just write them in 30 mins and slap in few pics and send them here.

Sometimes I even read the whole thing multiple times before posting it here and still cant spot the mistakes. Something that makes perfect sense in my head, might not make that much sense when I write it down in English. 

The whole point of this little story is.. I don´t want anybody to read my media spots. I´m sure some might do it just for fun.. Don´t. Save your time and go watch Netflix or something.

I´m going to create some kind of symbol that shows the thing that you are going to read is terrible. 

Little smiley face or something or just  DON´T READ. 

You can always PM me your MS and I'd happily proof-read and correct it for you.  B)

But that is the problem. I don´t want anybody to take time off their day to read my terrible articles  :(  I just wish there would be a second version for media spots with perhaps not so strict grammar rules. Max points you can earn 5 for example.

But that is the problem. I don´t want anybody to take time off their day to read my terrible articles  :(  I just wish there would be a second version for media spots with perhaps not so strict grammar rules. Max points you can earn 5 for example.

I am the Mentor of the VHL - it's my job to do it. I earn TPE by mentoring people - so don't worry about that!!! :cheers:

Ruutu, I'll gladly read yours and help you out since they often times make me chuckle.

Thanks. I try to focus extra hard on the next one. If it´s still full of mistakes , I will start sending them to you or Phil. 

I am the Mentor of the VHL - it's my job to do it. I earn TPE by mentoring people - so don't worry about that!!! :cheers:

:P  Well in that case I will happily send them. We shall see how badly my next Media spot goes 

I've always kind of felt the same way about the "Grammar" part of media spots. For the guys who have English as a second language, it can easily be a factor that kills their motivation in the league if they constantly get docked marks on their written articles. If you aren't good at graphics, then you basically have no choice unless you want to do a podcast.

When grading myself, I've always been pretty lenient on the grading of those kind of articles as well. SHL has it where you don't get graded for grammar, as it's all about the length of the article. Maybe instead of grammar you can sub in an "Interest" category or something, I don't know. Definitely worth some kind of debate, but it's been this way for a long time. It's a fine grading system to have, but it takes away from those kind of members.

I've always told them when I docked them to next time maybe PM it to a locker room member or something to proof-read. Hell, I'll proof-read them myself if anyone wants to send them to me before submitting, but I think as a Head Grader that might be cheating for them. :lol:

I've always kind of felt the same way about the "Grammar" part of media spots. For the guys who have English as a second language, it can easily be a factor that kills their motivation in the league if they constantly get docked marks on their written articles. If you aren't good at graphics, then you basically have no choice unless you want to do a podcast.

When grading myself, I've always been pretty lenient on the grading of those kind of articles as well. SHL has it where you don't get graded for grammar, as it's all about the length of the article. Maybe instead of grammar you can sub in an "Interest" category or something, I don't know. Definitely worth some kind of debate, but it's been this way for a long time. It's a fine grading system to have, but it takes away from those kind of members.

I've always told them when I docked them to next time maybe PM it to a locker room member or something to proof-read. Hell, I'll proof-read them myself if anyone wants to send them to me before submitting, but I think as a Head Grader that might be cheating for them. :lol:

Media spots are pretty much the only way for me, I cant do anything graphic related and podcasts are not for me either. Would be cool if there is a second version of media spots with less strict grammar rules. 5 points is the max you can earn when the normal media spot gives you 6. Or something like that. Maybe even totally new task that you can do each week ? No idea what though  :P

This all is mostly me being lazy. Would still give me a motivation boost to write if there is ´easier´ way to earn nice amount of points each week.

Media spots are pretty much the only way for me, I cant do anything graphic related and podcasts are not for me either. Would be cool if there is a second version of media spots with less strict grammar rules. 5 points is the max you can earn when the normal media spot gives you 6. Or something like that. Maybe even totally new task that you can do each week ? No idea what though  :P

This all is mostly me being lazy. Would still give me a motivation boost to write if there is ´easier´ way to earn nice amount of points each week.

I'm not sure if it's against the rules since I'm a Head Grader, but you could definitely just PM me your article and I'll edit out all the mistakes I find. Phil has already taken that role for you though, so you're solid there.

PM him, he'll PM you back probably soon-ish afterwards, then you can post it. Not hard. :)

But yeah, you have a good suggestion on a more slack media spot section where the max is 5.

I'm not sure if it's against the rules since I'm a Head Grader, but you could definitely just PM me your article and I'll edit out all the mistakes I find. Phil has already taken that role for you though, so you're solid there.

PM him, he'll PM you back probably soon-ish afterwards, then you can post it. Not hard. :)

But yeah, you have a good suggestion on a more slack media spot section where the max is 5.

Phil and Sixersfan are going to be my media spot agents. I still feel bad about sending my quality work to others and pretty much forcing them to read it  :( I can barely read my own work after I´m done writing. 

Feel not bad! 

@DollarAndADream - it isn't in the rules and I've been proof-reading MS's since season 19 haha

I´m running out of ideas so every week my mediaspots are going to get weirder and weirder  :lol:  :o

Feel not bad! 

@DollarAndADream - it isn't in the rules and I've been proof-reading MS's since season 19 haha

I just mean as Head Grader I feel like it would be against the rules for me to do it. Since, I'm a grader and editing someone's article to make it a perfect score sounds like cheating.