2015-2016 NHL Discussion

boubabi

19 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

He should switch to wing and play with a defensively responsible center so that he can actually utilize his assets in a legit way. I agree with you in that he's simply too bad of a D in his own end to justify the position. 

Yeah he is the perfect example of someone who fits the "4th forward" mould but never plays defense. One of the reasons Edmonton has had trouble keeping the puck out of their net in the past 3-4 years is because he wants to join the rush with the other offensively talented players up front. If he was put on Jordan Staal's wing (yes I know J. Staal isn't in Pitt anymore) he would probably thrive.

Deadline week is my favorite moment of the year just for these "wannabe insiders" that say things like this.

" Swedish TV reporting Drouin to the Canadiens. Haven't heard anything on this yet. "

" Swedish TV reporting Jonathan Drouin has been traded to MTL. Haven't heard a thing on my end. #Habs #Lightning @TSNBobMcKenzie "

8 minutes ago, FueledByRamen said:

Deadline week is my favorite moment of the year just for these "wannabe insiders" that say things like this.

" Swedish TV reporting Drouin to the Canadiens. Haven't heard anything on this yet. "

" Swedish TV reporting Jonathan Drouin has been traded to MTL. Haven't heard a thing on my end. #Habs #Lightning @TSNBobMcKenzie "

Wtf does Sweden know about this? That's about as reliable as Al Jazeera

13 minutes ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

just for a couple of 2nd's and Aleksi Saarela. wow 

True but think about how long they get him. Some guys are getting traded for more because they have deals that expire in 2+ years.

35 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

True but think about how long they get him. Some guys are getting traded for more because they have deals that expire in 2+ years.

While I agree, the Rangers also have a good shot at keeping him honestly. If he can pick up his offensive game some more I think it's a great move for NY.

• 2 weeks later...

Man did arbitration ever get the Wideman call wrong. 20 games was fine punishment for what happened, Wideman needs to own up to it. I don't care how disoriented he was, your skating to the bench and nobody else was around, just go to the bench. If the Refs and Linesmen strike over this in a few years it's going to be a travesty, all because one player couldn't take the damn blame he was owed. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Power said:

Man did arbitration ever get the Wideman call wrong. 20 games was fine punishment for what happened, Wideman needs to own up to it. I don't care how disoriented he was, your skating to the bench and nobody else was around, just go to the bench. If the Refs and Linesmen strike over this in a few years it's going to be a travesty, all because one player couldn't take the damn blame he was owed. 

Add in his text messages and the guy looks like complete trash.

2 hours ago, Mr. Power said:

The fact the linesman won't work the rest of the season is terrible too. Wideman should of been out the 20 games and should of been okay with it. I don't think this is over yet 

4 hours ago, gregreg said:

The fact the linesman won't work the rest of the season is terrible too. Wideman should of been out the 20 games and should of been okay with it. I don't think this is over yet 

Off of this, I have no idea why professional leagues don't make reffing a full-time job. With how much money is in sports now, there's no reason these guys should have any other job.

4 hours ago, flyersfan1493 said:

Off of this, I have no idea why professional leagues don't make reffing a full-time job. With how much money is in sports now, there's no reason these guys should have any other job.

Well I know for a fact NHL referees have a second job but it's usually more of a business venture for the off-season. NFL referees as well because they only worry about reffing 7 months of the year.