2015-2016 NHL Discussion

boubabi

I never liked the Panther jumping with teeth and mouth open in the current logo. Something about the shield to me, with the proud defiant Panther just staring in it feels like a good mix of respectful and "badass." 

That was clearly a good goal, the ref knew it when he pointed. He had the perfect angle to the puck as well, as he could see right to the pocket the puck was in without the pad blocking it. 

What a game though. Some seriously entertaining hockey right there. 

Yeah it's funny to see thats the lottery system they agreed on, it sucked. Why have a secondary lottery? What was the point in the percentages to start with.

That and when Darren Millard said "and now the first Canadian team in Montreal".....uhhh Darren Ottawa is in Canada too you idiot haha

2 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Great for the sport though. Now Stamkos to For in off season.

For the sport, yes. For other fanbases, no. You know Maple Leafs fans will never let anyone hear the end of this haha

5 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

For the sport, yes. For other fanbases, no. You know Maple Leafs fans will never let anyone hear the end of this haha

If you see any Leafs fan talking about this too much please shit on them. This is the first thing they've won in my life time (almost 24 years) Leaf fans can be happy but you won something for losing so keep it in your pants till you actual do. 

1 minute ago, gregreg said:

If you see any Leafs fan talking about this too much please shit on them. This is the first thing they've won in my life time (almost 24 years) Leaf fans can be happy but you won something for losing so keep it in your pants till you actual do. 

Exactly, which is why I try to avoid most active NHL exclusive internet forums. Maple Leafs fans on those boards usually flash their Maple Leaf boners every chance they get. A reward for losing is somewhat of a shitty thing to start with, considering your franchise (like Edmonton) has done little to make an impact in the league. Oilers fan are worse though haha.

Anyone watching the Orpik hit on Maata can expect a phone call coming towards Orpik tomorrow morning.

2 minutes ago, Higgins said:

It's still possible until he signs a contract ;)

I'm not sure if he even gets an offer from Toronto if he wants to play center 

Edited by gregreg

5 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

I don't get why people are calling it rigged. I mean this was the most likely outcome.....

it's rigged if your team doesn't win. Even more so if you hate the team that won it. 

44 minutes ago, gregreg said:

I'm not sure if he even gets an offer from Toronto if he wants to play center 

He played wing in Tampa so I don't think it will be an issue for him.

15 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

I don't get why people are calling it rigged. I mean this was the most likely outcome.....

actually, the leafs had more chance to be at 4th than keeping 1st oa

Edited by boubabi

5 minutes ago, boubabi said:

actually, the leafs had more chance to be at 4th than keeping 1st oa

They had the highest odds to win the first oa pick, though