2015-2016 NHL Discussion

boubabi

44 minutes ago, flyersfan1493 said:

Pretty sure he's said in the past that he feels he's a center and that's where he wants to play.

I think Friedman was quoted as saying he would like to play there but he has shifted to wing several times in Tampa. I think if Toronto did actually manage to land him I would guess Kadri would be shopped to make room.

42 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

If the Leafs get Stamkos, he's instantly the best player on the team, I would assume they put him at the position he wants, at least to start

This. Guys like Stamkos, Malkin, Crosby, Toews and company are players who make up their rules in regards to where they want to play and where they feel comfortable. Especially in free agency where they will have that conversation before signing.

13 hours ago, Kendrick said:

For the sport, yes. For other fanbases, no. You know Maple Leafs fans will never let anyone hear the end of this haha

First top 3 pick since the mid-80's. I think we're entitled to be excited. 

Oh, and we'll let Matthews do the talking :drunk: 

4 hours ago, Knight said:

First top 3 pick since the mid-80's. I think we're entitled to be excited. 

Oh, and we'll let Matthews do the talking :drunk: 

Excited is great, it's the boasting which doesn't make sense.

What I like, is that no one is really criticising Toronto for plainly tanking all year. I mean they traded half their roster and all their best player and people say its the right way to rebuild BUT when Buffalo did it they were whats wrong with the current system which is a joke in my opinion. And of course its rigged. Toronto won the lottery which is held in Toronto and there was no showing of the lottery balls. So of course the had it rigged for Toronto 100th season because they didnt want them to bitch that they didnt get anything from the NHL like a AS game or Winter Classic or the draft itself. fuck toronto. 

28 minutes ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

What I like, is that no one is really criticising Toronto for plainly tanking all year. I mean they traded half their roster and all their best player and people say its the right way to rebuild BUT when Buffalo did it they were whats wrong with the current system which is a joke in my opinion. And of course its rigged. Toronto won the lottery which is held in Toronto and there was no showing of the lottery balls. So of course the had it rigged for Toronto 100th season because they didnt want them to bitch that they didnt get anything from the NHL like a AS game or Winter Classic or the draft itself. fuck toronto. 

They did show the lottery balls....the NHL draft lottery was way more official and controlled than the NBA one. Plus Toronto had the highest likelihood of getting the first overall pick

Edited by ADwyer87

1 hour ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

Well for one the Maple Leafs had attempted to make the playoffs recently, whereas Buffalo just seemed to suck, suck and then suck some more. However, I hate both teams because they suck and because Kadri is a douche and because Latvians voted in Garglecum or whatever his name is into the ASG.

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Well for one the Maple Leafs had attempted to make the playoffs recently, whereas Buffalo just seemed to suck, suck and then suck some more. However, I hate both teams because they suck and because Kadri is a douche and because Latvians voted in Garglecum or whatever his name is into the ASG.

Lol, who's Garglecum?

1 hour ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

finished a point higher than last years maple leafs and a lot more points than last years sabres 

Edited by gregreg

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

Which team do you support out of interest? Or, which teams do you like?

1 hour ago, Knight said:

Which team do you support out of interest? Or, which teams do you like?

Born and raised a Devils fan. This hate comes from years back too haha

1 hour ago, Knight said:

Well, I appreciate having Lou in our front office :drunk:

I'm glad you do because I love Lou, just got a little stale here in New Jersey from time to time at the end of his tenure.

Haha, of course. Dominate the game utterly and lose on a couple of bounce goals in the playoffs. Caps have got to seriously be the unluckiest team in playoff history.