Thoughts on the upgrade

CoachReilly

THOUGHTS ON THE UPGRADE
"I AM A BELIEVER," SAYS COACH REILLY

Although it took awhile (30 minutes) to get used to, I am now a fervent believer in the message board upgrade.  The layout is a lot more sleek looking, and chat has returned.  I actually like the new chat as well as the old one assuming some of the kinks are ironed out.  The concept of having one single chat room is awesome in my opinion.  As I would typically have a few VHL windows open, any time I sent or receive a chat message, I would get the 'member xxx has sent you a message...' at the top of the window and that would annoy the shit out of me.  Also, the old chat system frequently  had issues with sending/receiving messages. 

Additionally, we haven't even seen the last of the upgrades I don't believe.  Shitty Draper went through and made this skin, which looks nice.  Just wait and see what based photoshop god boubabi will do with the skin. 

Things I love:

- New chat
- Sleek look
- New huge text box to post
- Hover over topic, see result
- @Draper
- Many other things I am unaware of

• Senior Admin

Glad you changed your mind after your initial reaction :P

We'll still be doing upgrades, I think my favorite feature so far is displaying games on the front page. I also think the new chat is awesome, as people will tend to stay on the site for longer with a community chatroom. 

I like how you get notified whenever you get a +1 or when you're quoted. The tagging is awesome as well.

There's also the stuff that graders, etc can do where we can edit topics. Now to edit a topic, we just hold click the topic, change it, then press enter. Easy peasy.