Claimed:Kronos - Meute Property? [Reviewed]

Evans

The S48 VHL draft has already taken place. Many teams entered with the hopes that they would be able to turn their franchise around, getting the next big star to enter the league on draft night. Quebec City is one of the teams that many had their eye on. With Quebec owning three picks in the top eleven, many felt that they were in a position to fill out their roster and build something great for the future. With the second and sixth picks, the Meute selected Yukon Rush players Unassisted and Dmitri Dadonov. At the pick number eleven, they shocked the world by taking another Rush player...Titan Kronos. Despite explaining to league officials several times that he would not be entering the draft, Kronos was thrusted into the draft pool. This confused several teams come draft night because many of their general managers knew that Kronos did not wish to enter the VHL at this point and time. Regardless of this fact, Meute management took a flyer on the new hockey player creating a really weird situation in the process. On draft night, Kronos recalls the phone call he received from Quebec City.

It was really weird. They called and told me they were excited to have drafted me. I thought that maybe the VHLM draft had taken place a lot earlier than I had expected. We talked about the situation and decided that is was best to go ahead and give the league a call because there was some sort of issue with the way things were communicated. Somebody had made a mistake.

After a couple of days, the league contacted Kronos asking about the situation. What he cool with Quebec City? Why did he want to be a S49 draftee rather than a S48 one? Did he want to re-enter the draft next season? Eventually things were worked out. Kronos applauded the way the whole ordeal went down.

I like what they were able to do in the end. They kind of gave me a list of options because I was the one this was going to effect the most. I painted to the media all of last season that my goal was to go number one overall in the draft, but I took some time and thought about why. It was nothing more than bragging rights for me. I'm not a hockey player in the same sense that these guys are so I just wanted to ego inflation to give me the confidence to know that I can excel in this sport. I will be a S49 player, but I won't be a draftee. I decided to let the Quebec City Meute keep my rights and they will be the team I suit up for next season. They gave me a choice here and I went with the one that felt right in my gut. The Meute are a team primed to compete in a couple of seasons because of the way they approached this draft. They have the right formula down for rebuilding a whole franchise and it's something that I can't wait to be a part of. They have my jersey number reserved and I can't wait to see what we can do next season, but for now I have to turn my focus to developing in the VHLM.

wolf19.jpg

21 hours ago, Dewie said:

Yeee hype is gonna be real next season when I am gonna get one of the best players in the draft basically for free.

Nah, I absolutely refuse to allow you to be rewarded for your own draft blunder with this kind of attitude.

Expect to lose either Kronos or a 1st by the end of the week.

19 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Nah, I absolutely refuse to allow you to be rewarded for your own draft blunder with this kind of attitude.

Unfortunately this is my team that will be penalized...

38 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

My own draft blunder? no it was the leagues for putting him in the draft list.

1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

*Insert Quebec City's native language for the word no here*

4 hours ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

Unfortunately this is my team that will be penalized...

Quebec won't be penalized whatsoever. Your GM literally just admitted to getting "one of the best players from next years draft for free." Under normal circumstances, he would have had to use his lottery pick 1st rounder to get "one of the best players in the draft" anyway, so how exactly is that a penalty?

And if Kronos is taken back, you'll be compensated with a guaranteed 11th overall, which is the same pick that was "wasted" on Kronos this season. So again, not a penalty. A more than fair compensation, if you ask me.

4 hours ago, brovy said:

My own draft blunder? no it was the leagues for putting him in the draft list.

I don't deny that. I personally think you and the rest of GMs should have been well-researched enough to know Kronos shouldn't have been in the draft, but the draft board was mistaken too, so I could forgive everyone else being mistaken. The league definitely is a majority shareholder of the blame here. Which is why I was stupid enough to even come up with/go along with giving you an option in the compensation in the first place. Unfortunately it wasn't until after the whole GM compensation debacle that it dawned on me that there was basically no stand-outs after 10th overall anyway, meaning there was no unfair way of compensating you at that point. That's also my/our bad.

And so it was about 24 hours ago that I asked Draper if it was too late to go back, remove the option, and force Kronos off of Quebec and give you 11th overall in S48. We concluded "not really but also kinda."

But after seeing this I really don't care if it's "too late" or if you feel slighted by an agreement change, because clearly you don't care that you were about to get away with playing the system. And the fact that you flaunt this result of your dumb luck and poor draft preparation as this huge victory grinds my gears. If you had any sense, you would have just kept quiet until it really WAS too late. So I thank you for being a dick about it.

If it were up to me at this point, Kronos would be back in the draft where he belongs and you guys would have 11th overall for your troubles, no questions asked. It's fair. It's literally as fair as you can get. In fact, I'd say you guys still get the win in that scenario because you traded a nearly guaranteed bust 11th overall for a future 11th overall that at least has some potential. You guys would still have your Top 4 draft pick, and if you REALLY wanted Kronos, you'd have every opportunity to select him where he was meant to go.

But for Evans sake, who I feel is the only truly blameless party here, if he truly enjoys your club and wants to stay, I'd suggest once again giving you the option of dropping him for 11th, or giving up a draft pick. Except this time that draft pick should be a guaranteed S48 QUE 1st. And it would be voided immediately. It wouldn't depend on his activity at all. If he truly is a Top 4 player in your mind, then this is also fair.

I may not be a Commissioner anymore, and I did play a significant part in the original Kronos compensation offer, but I refuse to put the league at risk of another stupid draft pick compensation drama in a few months from now, and I'll fight to make sure it doesn't.

2 minutes ago, Draper said:

Did you forget the "I shall live and die at my post" part of your oath?

Maybe, the different shade of blue da-ba-dee has fuzzied my memory, but I'm still protecting the realms of men so it's all good.

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, JardyB10 said:

Maybe, the different shade of blue da-ba-dee has fuzzied my memory, but I'm still protecting the realms of men so it's all good.

I can't argue with that, m'lord.

49 minutes ago, brovy said:

I was presented the option of keeping him. I took that option. :)

must have been a very tough decision which was dwelled upon for a large sum of hours by you. thank you to the BOG for again outdoing themselves.

it's a tough job, but srsly get your shit together.

20 minutes ago, CoachReilly said:

must have been a very tough decision which was dwelled upon for a large sum of hours by you. thank you to the BOG for again outdoing themselves.

it's a tough job, but srsly get your shit together.

The BOG wasn't involved whatsoever, so please don't throw shit when you don't know who to aim it at. It was, yes, yet another error on behalf of myself and the Blues. Believe me, I really don't feel good about screwing up at all, never mind multiple times in a few seasons. Which is why I've just spent the last five hours making it EXTREMELY clear it's being corrected, which was a day or two after the mistake was made. Maybe if it was run by the BOG first it might have been thought out better, but it shouldn't have been something that needed much discussion. We just suck, and got confused by our own diplomacy options.

I love you, so come down off the Hate Wagon. It's already a dead issue, and it died before you even knew it was alive.

9 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Quebec won't be penalized whatsoever. Your GM literally just admitted to getting "one of the best players from next years draft for free." Under normal circumstances, he would have had to use his lottery pick 1st rounder to get "one of the best players in the draft" anyway, so how exactly is that a penalty?

And if Kronos is taken back, you'll be compensated with a guaranteed 11th overall, which is the same pick that was "wasted" on Kronos this season. So again, not a penalty. A more than fair compensation, if you ask me.

Poor choice of words on my part. I understand the situation and was very surprised that the rumor was he was coming here for next to nothing next season. What I had intended by my post is that I agree with what you were saying but unfortunately that means my team potentially loses great talent.

9 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

But after seeing this I really don't care if it's "too late" or if you feel slighted by an agreement change, because clearly you don't care that you were about to get away with playing the system. And the fact that you flaunt this result of your dumb luck and poor draft preparation as this huge victory grinds my gears. If you had any sense, you would have just kept quiet until it really WAS too late. So I thank you for being a dick about it.

I agree with this. 

Edited by evrydayimbyfuglien

6 hours ago, Evans said:

I better be a Meute. They already started their sexual hazing as part of the initiation. 

Like I said, for your sake, since you have already been brainwashed and currently enjoy Quebec, I will give Brovy the option of keeping you still. It will just be a higher guaranteed price is all.

I'd personally recommend for both parties to place you back in the draft though. Quebec should finish the season with a Top 2 or 3 pick, which should be sufficient to acquire you anyway if you stay active until then. If not, then it removes the risk on Brovy's part. I'll leave it up to you guys to discuss, though.