2014 Olympics

TheLastOlympian07

Yeah but at 1-0 a bad bounce can go your way, you don't change your tactic so urgently.

When the same strategy is not working through forty minutes, you'd think a coach would say, "Okay, we need to show them a different look." At the very least it would temporarily throw the Canadians off. Vigneault was the same way when he was in Vancouver, and it was absolutely infuriating.

When the same strategy is not working through forty minutes, you'd think a coach would say, "Okay, we need to show them a different look." At the very least it would temporarily throw the Canadians off. Vigneault was the same way when he was in Vancouver, and it was absolutely infuriating.

Who is to say the strategy wasn't working? It was a tight defensive game, they lost 1-0 and not just because Quick was good. They were in the game the whole way through, you don't change your strategy in a game like that you push to try and get that goal. Which is what they did. Price had to make several great saves. 

Guest Svoboda_3

Somewhere Bobby Ryan is smiling.

I watched the game with my daughter, who was adamant on getting up at 6, which wasn't as early as those who had to get up at 4-4:30. Nonetheless, watching the Canadian women's and men's gold medal finals with my daughter were just a couple of the great moments for me during these Olympics.