Ruutu - O.Jokinen - Granlund

Ruutu - Barkov - Miettinen

Timonen - Niskala

Salo - Lepisto

Pitkanen - Kukkuonen

Rask

Lehtonen

Rinne

Pretty surprised not to see Yandle on there.

Burke: "I always assume a disaster's going to happen when Coyotes Keith Yandle is on the ice. If Yandle goes in our top four, I think everyone we play is excited".

Burke: "I always assume a disaster's going to happen when Coyotes Keith Yandle is on the ice. If Yandle goes in our top four, I think everyone we play is excited".

Kendrick: "I always assume opponents love facing Burke's teams, cause he always thinks he is being innovative with some of his roster selections/choices. If Burke is a GM, I am a happy for the opposing team".

Brian Burke: Senators‬ "Bobby Ryan isn't intense. That word is not in his vocabulary. It's never going to be in his vocabulary. He can't spell intense. I should have taken Jack (Johnson over Bobby Ryan in the 2005 draft)".

Brian Burke: ‪Senators‬ "Bobby Ryan isn't intense. That word is not in his vocabulary. It's never going to be in his vocabulary. He can't spell intense. I should have taken Jack (Johnson over Bobby Ryan in the 2005 draft)".

Haha now this one seemed fabricated.

I find Burke hilarious. Many think he is a great GM but that Ducks team had stars on it before they won. I find more negatives in him then positives, but some feel he is a great GM. I just don't see much in terms of success from him.

While I do also question the lack of Yandle or Ryan as primary choices it seems to me that USA is trying to do something very different and interesting for the Olympics this year. Keep in mind I'm not exactly saying this is going to work, but they flat out admitted they weren't selecting the 25 best players for their roster. That is to say, players that were FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY were arguably "better" than some of the players on their roster. They even admitted it. But certain players only play good in certain roles. The NHL has PROVED this theory multiple times. Some of the smartest hockey minds in the NHL have even gone as far to say a team filled up with the leagues "top" players could lose to a team filled with the leagues top grinders. Because a team is about so much more than just skill and star power. 

If you are going to be about star power, then you need to do it very well. If we are being honest can the star power even if they included the FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY guys really out star power teams like Canada, Russia and Sweden? Just as an example. Possible but unlikely. I actually am a fan of their bold approach. Build a team that can play the game we want to play the best. To me it looks to be a mixture of speed, tough forechecking and solid two way defensive play. They look to be a solid balanced club that could penalty kill and power play strong and score and defend equally as strong. Maybe they won't dominate any of those categories, but I think this team may surprise some people this year. I'll be rooting for them, Russia, Finland...Sweden...anybody not Canada as is my tradition. :P I live in Canada but hate how passionate and obnoxious/cocky people I'm around get about Canada during things like the Olympics. Personally I just like to see solid hockey performances and last time out USA deserved Gold. Just because Ryan Miller deserved Gold. He was easily the best hockey player on the ice the whole Olympics. 

Anyway, interesting roster choices for sure. I kind of feel like the lack of Yandles apparent two way game over someone like a John Carlson, who I can personally vouche as being a solid two way hockey players who is good on the penalty kill and on the power play is probably why Yandle didn't make it. I think for Ryan they didn't feel he deserved a top six spot and wouldn't of fit the type of game they wanted to play with their apparent bottom six. Going to be interesting to see the other roster choices as the week finishes up here. 

Burke is a TERRIBLE gm. He makes 2 good moves in VAN because he was ownership's puppet, then fucks us over with bonehead moves., adds a couple pieces in ANA, then shits the bed after the cup, and leaves TO in worse shape then he entered with.

Probably the most overrated GM ever. Everyone thinks that because he pulled the Sedin trade and won a cup in ANA that he is the best GM to go with. He's a hard-nose stubborn shit that has less hockey knowledge then people blindly see him as having.

Devise, I agree with what you said. My only difference in opinion is the Carlson part. Carlson deserves to be there even without throwing Yandle's name into the mix. It's guys like Paul Martin (Injured), Orpik and Faulk that made it over Yandle that are head scratchers. I've watched Faulk a ton and he came up as a smooth skating offensive defenseman (I was a big fan too) but since then has really gone backwards in progression. Yandle is exactly what Faulk is but double the player and stronger.

The thing with trying to go for a chemistry approach is that this is a short tournament. You don't have time to try all line combos, you only have an opportunity to throw the best players possible at the opposition. I predict USA finishes 4th.