Source button

Will

Source button fiasco 2012  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Senior Admin

It has come to my attention that some people might not be able to see the 'Source' button on toolbar when submitting posts or messages. Here is a screenshot of mine in case you don't have it (2 over from the bold button): 

8749f6a36c21be532100ac65ede575c5.png

I'm not sure why it isn't showing up for people and there has been a few of them who have had issues with it, but I'm pretty confident it isn't a permission thing. For @YEAH!stlemania, we will do this in poll format. 

Can you see the fucking source button? I want to know! 

• Senior Admin
5 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

I'm of the elite "can see the source button" crowd. Although I must admit I've never actually noticed it or cared of its function until now.

You don't post games with it? I thought that's what you meant the other day. 

But aside from posting games, I hardly ever use it. And when I do, it's when a quote or some other shit won't delete, then I get pissed and violently delete all of the source code.

17 minutes ago, Draper said:

You don't post games with it? I thought that's what you meant the other day. 

But aside from posting games, I hardly ever use it. And when I do, it's when a quote or some other shit won't delete, then I get pissed and violently delete all of the source code.

No, I literally write out [ url = *paste game link here* ] SUMMARY [/url ], and then cut and paste that to all the games. Maybe source would be handy for that.

• Commissioner

Nope, haven't had it in awhile. Maybe because I'm using the "broken" default skin to get around the ad on mobile issue?

I know a lot of my options don't appear unless I go full screen. I'm on mobile now but I know I have the source button on PC usually. 

Edit: Even going portrait to landscape on mobile gives me more options. No source button on mobile though.I'm using the blackout skin.

Edited by evrydayimbyfuglien

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Molholt said:

The admins can determine what buttons appear at different sizes of screen resolution.

All my monitors (2 at home and 2 at work) run at 1080 and I don't have the sure button on any of them. This is also regardless of what skin I'm using.

Edited by Beketov

10 hours ago, Draper said:

It has come to my attention that some people might not be able to see the 'Source' button on toolbar when submitting posts or messages. Here is a screenshot of mine in case you don't have it (2 over from the bold button): 

8749f6a36c21be532100ac65ede575c5.png

I'm not sure why it isn't showing up for people and there has been a few of them who have had issues with it, but I'm pretty confident it isn't a permission thing. For @YEAH!stlemania, we will do this in poll format. 

Can you see the fucking source button? I want to know! 

It's 100% a permissions thing. You have to set the permissions to allow the use of HTML.

If you want everyone to be able to use the source button, you'd go ACP>Members>Groups>Select the Base Member Group(Probably members unless you changed it, and hopefully you assign that permission to everyone even if they have a job)>Edit>Group Settings>Permissions>Can Post HTML.

That's IF you want everyone to have access to HTML.

• Senior Admin
1 hour ago, Molholt said:

The admins can determine what buttons appear at different sizes of screen resolution.

Yeah the source button isn't included in that though.

It might be the 'can post HTML' setting you mentioned, I will check later. I didn't think it was permissions bc Adwyer CAN see the button while Banack cannot and their groups are pretty similar, but perhaps there is some random VHLM group that has it for whatever reason

35 minutes ago, Draper said:

Yeah the source button isn't included in that though.

It might be the 'can post HTML' setting you mentioned, I will check later. I didn't think it was permissions bc Adwyer CAN see the button while Banack cannot and their groups are pretty similar, but perhaps there is some random VHLM group that has it for whatever reason

It is definitely what I said. I tested it. B)

3 hours ago, Molholt said:

It is definitely what I said. I tested it. B)

Molholts runs that shit on SBA, I'd trust him when it came to stuff with the site tbh

1 hour ago, Victor said:

I can see it and also use it to delete quotes which won't fucking move. But it's not BB code it's some shit.

It's HTML. Hence the "doHTML" permission - which would be given to all admin/commissioners. 

• Senior Admin
25 minutes ago, Molholt said:

It's HTML. Hence the "doHTML" permission - which would be given to all admin/commissioners. 

You were correct with 'Can post HTML?'. Turns out the reason Adwyer had it and nobody else was because of the VHL Mag group. You asked me to enable it way back when you were editor :lol:

But the warning message you get when enabling it is intimidating so I'm not sure I'll enable it for everyone or not yet. 

18 minutes ago, Draper said:

You were correct with 'Can post HTML?'. Turns out the reason Adwyer had it and nobody else was because of the VHL Mag group. You asked me to enable it way back when you were editor :lol:

But the warning message you get when enabling it is intimidating so I'm not sure I'll enable it for everyone or not yet. 

Ahh, makes sense - I assumed you had just added it for me :P

Yeah, it is technically dangerous - especially if any Eldred's are running around.

• Senior Admin
3 hours ago, Phil said:

2802l41.png

nope can't see it. What's it for, anyway?

Basically when you use things like the bold button, you see it dynamically change but what is really happening is that HTML is being applied to the text behind the scenes. Source shows you the raw HTML code rather than the already processed text you normally see