SEA/STO ; S48 off-season

Banackock

So @Draper, I posed the position switch to you hours before the draft and you said you was going to ask the commishes. I never heard back about that. I still could have been drafted to the same team with the position switch and it would have worked out better for me.

39 minutes ago, 701 said:

Lmfao, first of all I was saying no VHL team being interested in me would LIKELY kill my activity. I joined back here in attempts to be active, and the whole draft experience was lame knowing only Calgary would possibly want me. I can gladly go back to Goalie if it will make all of you think different about it. "Of course 701 being a dick if he doesn't get his way." Are you high bro? I got my way here, and no, I didn't bitch to get it.

No I think you should go where you want to go to stay active. I don't understand the whole "He's being a dick so he gets his way", thats a bit far fetched for anyone to say because in reality it was a position switch before the draft.

I think where the issue lies is the store purchase requirements that have been pointed out. However, I always thought you could switch before the draft if you had your heart set on it.

I just don't get the big deal honestly, if someone thinks switching will make them more active (and the position they are is NO need in the VHL whatsoever) they should be able to change as long as they are not on their team of the future. Maybe even like a week before so they can't talk to teams about switching positions.

• Senior Admin
35 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

So @Draper, I posed the position switch to you hours before the draft and you said you was going to ask the commishes. I never heard back about that. I still could have been drafted to the same team with the position switch and it would have worked out better for me.

Too late. Even if it was approved immediately there would have been little time to inform GMs and they would have had no time to adjust their draft plan. And it would be wholly unfair to let someone switch to a goalie after they were drafted.

Just now, Draper said:

Too late. Even if it was approved immediately there would have been little time to inform GMs and they would have had no time to adjust their draft plan. And it would be wholly unfair to let someone switch to a goalie after they were drafted.

I could have still landed in Calgary as we all know no one else wanted me. Plus how would GM's have not been informed? I could have wrote a 590 on it and it would have been out there. I wasn't asking to move post draft. I had enough time clearly.

There is no difference 701. I don't follow to what you are saying. You tried to opt out of the rules when I was following them. I got wind of your switching which wasn't supposed to be allowed and I figured since you could, it was a thing somehow now. Therefore I asked to switch and got denied because "It was too late" and all these other excuses. Oh well all I have to say about me not moving is fuck draper. Not even saying I couldn't was such shit.

• Senior Admin

I really just don't understand you. You up and retire as a goalie, up and retire on your next player, and then all of the sudden, the day of the draft, you want to go back to a goalie when A) there is little need for goalies and B) nobody is going to trust you as a starting goalie after your last two players. Sorry to say it, but that's the reality. It truly seems like you just want to be involved in the 'drama' of retiring and switching players/positions constantly, and I don't think we should cater to that.

But yes, it's totally my fault that you continuously make rash decisions and change your mind about what you want to do in this league on a daily basis. 

20 hours ago, Jala said:

Sets a bad precedent imo. If you want something without sacrificing stuff just threaten to leave and they'll have to let you do it.

That precedent was set when Mike did it to become GM.

59 minutes ago, Draper said:

I really just don't understand you. You up and retire as a goalie, up and retire on your next player, and then all of the sudden, the day of the draft, you want to go back to a goalie when A) there is little need for goalies and B) nobody is going to trust you as a starting goalie after your last two players. Sorry to say it, but that's the reality. It truly seems like you just want to be involved in the 'drama' of retiring and switching players/positions constantly, and I don't think we should cater to that.

But yes, it's totally my fault that you continuously make rash decisions and change your mind about what you want to do in this league on a daily basis. 

☐ Not REKT

☑ REKT

☑ REKTangle

☑ SHREKT

☑ REKT-it Ralph

☑ Total REKTall

☑ The Lord of the REKT

☑ The Usual SusREKTs

☑ North by NorthREKT

☑ REKT to the Future

☑ Once Upon a Time in the REKT

☑ The Good, the Bad, and the REKT

☑ LawREKT of Arabia

☑ Tyrannosaurus REKT

☑ eREKTile dysfunction

31 minutes ago, Higgins said:

☐ Not REKT

☑ REKT

☑ REKTangle

☑ SHREKT

☑ REKT-it Ralph

☑ Total REKTall

☑ The Lord of the REKT

☑ The Usual SusREKTs

☑ North by NorthREKT

☑ REKT to the Future

☑ Once Upon a Time in the REKT

☑ The Good, the Bad, and the REKT

☑ LawREKT of Arabia

☑ Tyrannosaurus REKT

☑ eREKTile dysfunction

Luckily none of what he says is true.

4 hours ago, Da Trifecta said:

See @Kendrick if that was the case then I could have been able to switch pre-draft. I was told it would have to be run past the commishes first and such and take a penalty.

I'm not a blue team man, don't look at me. However, approaching them hours before the draft is a little different than 2 weeks before.

Just now, Kendrick said:

I'm not a blue team man, don't look at me. However, approaching them hours before the draft is a little different than 2 weeks before.

See I didn't approach them ahead of time because I was unaware. I know you aren't blue team but I was saying I would have switched if it were possible. I always thought you play the position you are unless you buy the change and are eligible to move in the guidelines. If I had known I could ask out, I would have.

2 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

See I didn't approach them ahead of time because I was unaware. I know you aren't blue team but I was saying I would have switched if it were possible. I always thought you play the position you are unless you buy the change and are eligible to move in the guidelines. If I had known I could ask out, I would have.

What would you have switched too though? Because as mentioned GM's wouldn't trust you as a goaltender. You may not believe that but it's true. You always flip the conversation and say that the person is speaking out of their ass but you don't clue into the fact that there is a reputation there and it turns out it isn't just myself who sees it. Are you a franchise corner piece wherever you end up and whatever position you create? No. Can you make a quality player if you stick with it? Yes, most certainly. However, until you make a quality player for 8 seasons and he actually is a league award winner and is award nominations each year it will be hard to convince people that you're worth the hassle (and that goes for anyone who builds players for 5-6 seasons and thinks they are top dollar.

7 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

I highly doubt someone would pass on me as a goaltender tbh. You may not believe it, but I believe someone would have.

Ummm no one is saying they'd pass on you. No one who is active gets passed on and every prospect does get drafted, so not sure where you are pulling that statement from.

1 minute ago, Da Trifecta said:

You said no one would start me. Once I get enough TPE I should be able to start.

Once again I never said that either haha, you just pulling stuff up for an argument that can't occur.