Claimed:See yah, VHLM. Hello, VHL! [Reviewed]

Qlaughing.gif

Blake Campbell, new Head GM of the Seattle Bears approaches the podium, holds up a Bears jersey and shows the camera his name on the back of it. He takes a drink of water, clears his throat..

Initially, I thought it would have been best to address the media and the VHL community sometime shortly after the S49 VHL Entry Draft, however, when I came to thinking of what to say, I knew what to say, just not in what order. Numerous thoughts came to mind of my tenure in Bratislava, my new player, my new journey with the Bears, the Draft and what the future holds for myself and my new family in Seattle. With all of that to say, I literally couldn't find a way to say all that was on my mind. I figured now, heading into Free Agency discussions and into tomorrow's contract offers, was a good time to clear the space for myself, the Bears organization and the rest of you throughout the league.

My time in Bratislava :brt:

tumblr_mdprizL9ey1qmazcxo2_500.gif

This week is an extremely bitter sweet one for me. On one hand, I get to start a new journey with a promotion to the big leagues. It's something I've always wanted to do and something I had my mind set on when I first joined the Watchmen. Over the seasons though, I really started to love the VHLM, the GM's and my role leading the Watchmen. Throughout those 5 seasons I've had with the team, we made the playoffs 3 times, went to the finals twice and are two time, defending champions with 2 cups during my tenure. Along with that, my players had seen great success on the ice and I couldn't thank them enough for being apart of the organization, making us as great as we were, making the LR enjoyable and making my time with Bratislava so special and memorable. @ADwyer87 @Da Trifecta @Green @Mr.Baller @enigmatic @fever95 @Nobody @bukss_a @jack @Splat @StevenStamkos91 @Mike @Bojo @701 and possibly anyone else I missed, thank you for being apart of my time with the Watchmen and thank you for making us agreat as we were during those 5 seasons. I owe each and every season to you guys. @eaglesfan036 & @Smarch, thank you for allowing me to lead the Watchmen and trusting me with the role. Obviously without you I'd never have had the great experience. Cheers, boys.  

I will miss Bratislava greatly. It was my goal to continue winning cups, continue to have us as one of the best VHLM teams ever and to become the longest reigning GM in the history of the Watchmen (plus to win the most Jack Reilly awards). To whoever steps up next, best of luck continuing on Bratislava's great success.

Seattle Bears new GM :sea:

jersey.jpg

As I stated, bitter sweet, but I couldn't be happier. I was extremely fortunate to get a great group of players and guys for the locker room. I've been warmly welcomed to the team and have already had great talks with each of the players. Currently, as everyone knows, it's the off season and is a big time for every organization. For myself, I was named GM literally last night and had a full plate of things to find, figure out, learn and to do. Many thanks to @Draper for answering my questions last night and putting up with my excitement over the past few weeks. In the short 24 hours I've been the Head GM, we've already accomplished some solid moves as an organization.

For starters, the VHL Entry Draft. We managed to auto pick myself (high earning tpe goalie) at 7th overall. This gives us the power to use Clegane @JardyB10 until he's in a wheelchair. He is our guy and will be our guy for as long as he wants. I'm in no rush to push him out as he's worked very hard and hopefully enjoys Seattle. But, once he's gone, we have a strong, elite candidate readily available. Along with that pick, we traded our S50 1st and the 17th and 27th OV picks in S49's draft for 701's player and winger, AK47. I've known 701 for quite sometime and he's honestly a solid, loyal guy an will become a huge asset to our organization on the ice and in the LR. I have full belief in him and everyone of my guys. 

Secondly, we've made numerous contract extensions and they are as followed: 

Two inactive signings for S49.

S45 - JACE HINES [P3]

S49: $2 000 000

S46 - JORY ROSE [P3]
S49: $2 000 000

S46 - NIELS SKOVGAARD [R4]

S50: $3 000 000

S51: $3 000 000

Current Contract: 

S45 - BUBBA NUCK [P4]

S49: $2 500 000

Extension:

S45 - BUBBA NUCK [P4]

S50: $2 500 000

Current:

S46 - SHAWN MULLER [R4]

S49: $3 000 000

Extension:

S46 - SHAWN MULLER [P4] 

S50: $3 000 000

The two inactives will give us some minor depth but one thing the VHLM has taught me is that depth is a huge piece to a winning puzzle (as I'm sure most of you know).  @Tim @NUCK @StevenStamkos91 - I'm a new GM to the Bears and the fact that you guys believe in me so much (or I manipulated you so well ;):)) ) is extremely appreciated. I thank each of you for committing to the Bears for more hopeful seasons of success. I will do everything possible to not let you down.

FREE AGENCY

We-want-you-image.png

Last but never least, Free Agency. With all the moves we've recently made, we're moving to bigger and better things. My next target is @sterling and his player Hamilton. Such an amazing person and player and a huge asset to the Bears organization. Unfortunately he hasn't been seeing the results within his career under previous management but I know under me, things will change. I'm a different type or caliber of GM. When you become apart of the the Watchmen or the Bears, it's not just MY team, it's OUR team. I listen. I accommodate my boys with whatever they need and always do my best. Together, we win and together we work towards doing so. It's not a reign of terror or dictatorship. When we win, it's because of everyone and that's the biggest reason I owe my seasons of success in Bratislava not only to me, but so much to everyone else who played under me. 

Now, Free agents. Here in Seattle, we have a few things. Our youth core is exceptional and will only continue to strengthen. Our LR is full of amazing, active and experienced members who make Seattle so much better. Along with that, we have some extremely talented, strong pieces and I'm looking to have that grow. I know we have some holes, but it's something we can fix. I've done it twice in the VHLM.. Where we weren't looked at as a top team to win and with a few moves and some strong effort, we turned it around and ended up with 2 cups and a game 7 round loss in my first season. 

There may be better candidates currently. Maybe Quebec or Toronto, but let's look at the bigger picture here. Toronto is likely done in a season or two and Seattle has a bright present and future awaiting us. We're missing some pieces but with you joining us, it makes it easier to obtain a successful run and to win a cup. If you join us, I can assure you that you will see a level of play and productivity that you will be pleased with. We will also make a strong run and will do whatever it takes to be hoisting that cup at the end of the season.

Don't count Seattle out. Join us, throw on that Bears jersey and let's do this together. :sea:

Edited by Banackock

6 minutes ago, 701 said:

I wasn't on the watchmen man

You actually were, haha. The year we won our first cup we claimed you as a waiver claim right at the end of the season ;)

AK got his cup ;) 

• Admin
14 hours ago, Banackock said:

Maybe Quebec or Toronto, but let's look at the bigger picture here. Toronto is likely done in a season or two and Seattle has a bright present and future awaiting us.

key point to take from this is no criticism of Quebec

:que:

• JPL changed the title to See yah, VHLM. Hello, VHL! [Reviewed]