My Honest Opinion: Major Reform Needed for MS

boubabi

• Admin
39 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Let me talk about hitler and I shall include one quotation of lord karnage and it will be vhl related

oh really? Please do provide examples.

40 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Show me a league that is about to allow members to have 2 players at the same time

The SBA. Suck a dick.

6 minutes ago, Molholt said:

To be fair, the SBA system isn't exactly a "two player system," like we are talking about here. 

Exactly. Which is I'm pretty hesitant about this whole idea here, because two players in the major league at the same time? Sorry, but no.

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Molholt said:

Who is shouting this? 

I didn't think that was really anyone's stance. 

I can't find it now but that's beside the point. What's the SBA system anyway?

I don't see why a member couldn't marry the two thoughts together.

"Player Name's" music playlist for every successful hockey player:

Song #1 - This is my favourite song because I really like the way the instruments make sounds and fit together great... blah blah blah..

Song #2 - Oh man this is my jam yo. I remember when I scored my first goal I had this song stuck in my head and I was singing in for weeks.

Then you have a random music MS written from the perspective of a player that includes specific VHL moments and still has some relevance but allows a writer creative license to keep them interested.

31 minutes ago, Victor said:

I can't find it now but that's beside the point. What's the SBA system anyway?

You can create your second player as long as he stays in the NCAA, so people use it to create their next player to where when they retire, the NCAA player comes into the league the next season, therefore never being outside the SBA. So, in the VHL, you would create your VHLM guy earlier and then he'd be drafted when you retire your current player so that you don't have to spend a season or two in the VHLM. 

However, while I think that system would work here - I prefer the two player system I proposed and that you and others have adjusted. I'm much more excited by that.

I think they are different systems, but I think they'd both work. 

1 hour ago, Victor said:

Please provide details instead of shouting "it works in SBA" then.

You can have one uncapped player, which is basically just a normal player.

Your second player is capped, meaning they cannot leave the NCAA while the other player is still int he SBA. Also, in order to still give new members with their uncapped players an advantage over the second players that are capped, capped players can only earn 50 TPE a season until they reach the SBA and become uncapped.

This allows members to have their regular player in the SBA while also having another player in the NCAA that will either eventually become their uncapped player or allow a member to make one or two uncapped players in the NCAA during the time their capped player is in the SBA.

I've never actually had a second player there since I've never gotten a player out of the NCAA (yet!), but I believe that all TPE earned goes towards both players, but obviously the capped player stops once they earn 50 TPE in a season.

This type of "one regular player, one average player" is the type of two-player system i believe would work best for both increasing VHLM activity/relevance and giving current members more to stay involved in with both leagues. Very rough, but if a player is created without any carryover, 30 starting TPE + 50 TPE for 3 seasons (VHLM Draft rights) is 175+5. That's probably too high given how our TPE cap works in the VHLM vs. the NCAA method (the old "can't go over 199 TPE before the season starts that we used to have") but having a couple extra 100ish TPE players in the VHLM may not be the worst thing in the world. 

1 hour ago, flyersfan1493 said:

You can have one uncapped player, which is basically just a normal player.

Your second player is capped, meaning they cannot leave the NCAA while the other player is still int he SBA. Also, in order to still give new members with their uncapped players an advantage over the second players that are capped, capped players can only earn 50 TPE a season until they reach the SBA and become uncapped.

This allows members to have their regular player in the SBA while also having another player in the NCAA that will either eventually become their uncapped player or allow a member to make one or two uncapped players in the NCAA during the time their capped player is in the SBA.

I've never actually had a second player there since I've never gotten a player out of the NCAA (yet!), but I believe that all TPE earned goes towards both players, but obviously the capped player stops once they earn 50 TPE in a season.

This type of "one regular player, one average player" is the type of two-player system i believe would work best for both increasing VHLM activity/relevance and giving current members more to stay involved in with both leagues. Very rough, but if a player is created without any carryover, 30 starting TPE + 50 TPE for 3 seasons (VHLM Draft rights) is 175+5. That's probably too high given how our TPE cap works in the VHLM vs. the NCAA method (the old "can't go over 199 TPE before the season starts that we used to have") but having a couple extra 100ish TPE players in the VHLM may not be the worst thing in the world. 

Ah, as someone who has never really been in SBA I didn't realise the system there was very similar to the colllege system in USFL. That did generate a lot of interest over there and the issue that I had with the USFL version (It had 72 teams, which was borderline ridiculous) wouldn't be an issue over here. I'd be cool for implementing something similar over here. Like you say, it wouldn't hurt to have more guys knocking around in the VHLM. 

• Admin
39 minutes ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

Ah, as someone who has never really been in SBA I didn't realise the system there was very similar to the colllege system in USFL. That did generate a lot of interest over there and the issue that I had with the USFL version (It had 72 teams, which was borderline ridiculous) wouldn't be an issue over here. I'd be cool for implementing something similar over here. Like you say, it wouldn't hurt to have more guys knocking around in the VHLM. 

but there would be more guys knocking around the VHLM anyway? through increase of draft classes.

Plus ADwyer mentioned, and it might apply to other VHLM GMs, that he would be willing to a VHLM player as his second anyway.

1 minute ago, Victor said:

but there would be more guys knocking around the VHLM anyway? through increase of draft classes.

Plus ADwyer mentioned, and it might apply to other VHLM GMs, that he would be willing to a VHLM player as his second anyway.

Eh, my problem with the original idea was two simultaneous VHL players making it difficult for new players to break through in VHL and I feel like the SBA formula addresses this better, so I'd be more in favor of the SBA version atm. Also, it's an idea that can be implemented with very little adjustments to the current VHL system. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

Eh, my problem with the original idea was two simultaneous VHL players making it difficult for new players to break through in VHL and I feel like the SBA formula addresses this better, so I'd be more in favor of the SBA version atm. Also, it's an idea that can be implemented with very little adjustments to the current VHL system. 

But we're nowhere near the amount of actives in the VHL for players to be stuck in the VHLM. I don't foresee how teams could even get more than 2 lines ever.

8 minutes ago, Victor said:

But we're nowhere near the amount of actives in the VHL for players to be stuck in the VHLM. I don't foresee how teams could even get more than 2 lines ever.

As I'm not actually in the SBA, I'm not fully familiar with their college system, but I don't understand what you mean. This wouldn't take players from the VHL...

• Admin
15 minutes ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

As I'm not actually in the SBA, I'm not fully familiar with their college system, but I don't understand what you mean. This wouldn't take players from the VHL...

No, I'm referring to you saying players would struggle to break into the VHL under the two-player system. I don't see how that would be an issue.

9 hours ago, Victor said:

No, I'm referring to you saying players would struggle to break into the VHL under the two-player system. I don't see how that would be an issue.

I think he meant struggling statistically.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Mr. Power said:

I think he meant struggling statistically.

Some players do already though. As long as we don't go beyond two lines, general statistics should stay the same.

6 minutes ago, Victor said:

Some players do already though. As long as we don't go beyond two lines, general statistics should stay the same.

But we're only 25 players short of every team having two full lines as we stand, how many players are you expecting to make a second player? 

• Admin
18 minutes ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

But we're only 25 players short of every team having two full lines as we stand, how many players are you expecting to make a second player? 

Judging by the results of the poll, probably around 25 haha. Taking into account timing differences with draft years and the fact that there's also inactive players' spots that will be taken by actives, seems just right.