Ranking the Cup winners

Victor

On 6/19/2016 at 8:59 AM, Victor said:

old winners*

and no we need at least someone around from each champion.

where my S13 Davos homies at

I guess brannan is still around from time to time

• Commissioner

If I remember correctly 3 of the teams I won with are still yet to be ranked; 2 for sure. I could just check my trophies on the forum but that would be cheating.

Edit: Did end up checking, 2 of my cup wins are yet to be ranked, ironically my first and last ones. The one I wasn't sure on was the S17 Bears which was done already.

Edited by Beketov

• 1 year later...
On 6/5/2016 at 9:41 AM, Victor said:

:oldhel: 31. S5-S6 Helsinki Titans :oldhel: 

1 Continental Cup (S6)

2 Finals Appearances (S5, S6)

3 Individual Awards

4 Hall of Famers

4 Retired Numbers (G Maxim Desny, #20, C Daric Radmonovic, #17, D Lennowitz Schalkwinnz & D Doug Schneider)

The first good Helsinki team set the tone for the next 30 seasons of Titans history. After a huge Cinderella run in S3 to Game 7 of the finals inspired by goaltender Maxim Desny, Helsinki missed the playoffs in S4 but came back straight to the finals in both S5 and S6. By the end of the run the Titans lost Desny and gained the rookie Dominik Stryker and more importantly traded for Scotty Campbell, pretty much a guaranteed championship at this point of his career. It wasn't just all about Campbell though, as Helsinki also benefited from “7 finals in 7 seasons” Doug Schneider, who made up half of the famous Hebrew Hammers defensive pairing with Lennowitz Schalkwinnz. The latter was part of an underrated core including the likes of Daric Radmonovic, Aiden Alexander, and future Hall of Famers Branden Snelheid and Campbell's long-time linemate Matt Defosse. This era is better remembered for the dominance of Seattle and Calgary but for two seasons, Helsinki became a legitimate counterweight to that.

Has a nice ring to it.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...