Life Help Thread 2.0

scoop

• Head Moderator
On 7/18/2016 at 1:23 AM, Streetlight said:

Yeah she said she doesn't want to date right now, which is understandable but doesn't really answer any questions for me. Probably just her way of rejecting me though

Sorry bud, if shes not interested in you now, shes likely not interested in you later.

• Head Moderator
30 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

So as some of you may know, I went to a wedding over the weekend. It was for an old neighbor/family friend that was best friends with my brother from when they were 12 til about 19 before they got jobs and started doing their own thing. My brother and I got pretty trashed at the wedding, and we had a pretty good time.

Then a couple days later it comes out that two of the wedding gifts/envelopes were missing. The groom's mom accused me and my brother of taking drugs at the wedding (we didn't) and stealing the envelopes (fuck no we didn't). Apparently someone told her they saw us doing drugs there, then changed up their story and said we seemed like we were on drugs (again, we got pretty trashed, but we weren't the most fucked up people there I'd say). The main evidence that they have that we took the envelopes were that both the people whose envelopes were missing sat at our table (which, if we took them, would be absolutely stupid of us) and the fact that one of the people asked us to help them look for their envelope for a little bit.

My brother already talked to the groom, who doesn't believe we did either of that shit. Neither of us really care about it, the only thing that it affects is how we look in the eyes of a few people that we see maybe every couple years nowadays if that. But my dad's pretty pissed about it, he wants to find out who was saying this shit and he wants us to take a drug test to prove we're innocent (no issue for me, I'm on probation for marijuana so I'll pass no problem, but my brother wouldn't). The fact that people would blindly take the blathering of a woman whose known to not be the most stable person in the world kinda sucks, but it doesn't really affect us since, again, these are older people that we rarely see and wouldn't mind cutting out but my dad's not happy about it. And, based in my tendency to not fight for myself in smaller, more insignificant situations, I doubt my dad would let me let this go.

So what should I do here? As you can tell my last couple days have been buckets of fun. :\

I'd be pretty pissed if people were accusing me of shit. But do the drug test just to clear your name and to show her how stupid she was.

Also who the hell wasn't guarding the gift table anways?

Chinese weddings, we have some guard the wedding envelopes in a secured area, we're talking about hundreds of dollars, who in their right mind would this stuff sit out in the open without guarding it?

Edited by tfong

• Head Moderator
5 minutes ago, sterling said:

Don't do a drug test. Just tell them you didn't steal anything and move on. Nothing positive can come from continuing the dialogue

I'm pretty spiteful, I would go lengths just to prove them wrong.

35 minutes ago, tfong said:

Also who the hell wasn't guarding the gift table anways?

Chinese weddings, we have some guard the wedding envelopes in a secured area, we're talking about hundreds of dollars, who in their right mind would this stuff sit out in the open without guarding it?

Yeah, that's a point that has been brought up. It's stupid, even if you trust everyone there at the wedding how do you know you can trust the wait staff, the DJ crew, etc.?

From my standpoint, I knew maybe 15 out of 150 people there, and I know for a fact that at least 10 or so of those people believe we didn't do it. With the other people, I don't ever really want to see them or deal with their bullshit again, which is again easy since I already rarely see them these days so I don't care about them enough to play their shit. My main issue is dealing with my dad, whose the most pissed about this and won't let it go for nothing. I already know my brother wants no part of any of this and he doesn't live at home so he can't be bugged about it as much. If he's not involved, then all the bullshit falls on me to deal with which I just don't want to deal with whatsoever.

45 minutes ago, tfong said:

Who in their right mind would steal from a wedding? I know I'm from a small town, but I literally have never even heard of this even happening until today. And I don't think I've seen assigned guards at the table at a wedding before eiter.

8 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Who in their right mind would steal from a wedding? I know I'm from a small town, but I literally have never even heard of this even happening until today. And I don't think I've seen assigned guards at the table at a wedding before eiter.

My cousin brought up a good point: she used to work at a banquet hall that did weddings all the time and she caught her co-workers taking wedding gifts a few times.

4 minutes ago, tfong said:

I'm pretty spiteful, I would go lengths just to prove them wrong.

But you're also continuing a conversation that doesn't need to continue. Sometimes it's just better to move on since they have absolutely no right to demand that from him and the use of drugs isn't even relevant to stealing this. Hell the 90 year old grand,other could have stolen it too because she need cash for her perscriptions 

• Head Moderator
15 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

You'd be surprised. By guards I mean people that monitor the guestbook and usher are usually the ones that guard the money pot. I got about $10000 in wedding money, thats tempting to someone there especially the distant family members I don't know much about or even staff at the restaraunt.

9 minutes ago, sterling said:

But you're also continuing a conversation that doesn't need to continue. Sometimes it's just better to move on since they have absolutely no right to demand that from him and the use of drugs isn't even relevant to stealing this. Hell the 90 year old grand,other could have stolen it too because she need cash for her perscriptions 

Might be a Chinese thing, but if you don't stamp out the lies, people talk behind your back and it circulates in the community, especially if you run away from "tests" it looks guilty.

39 minutes ago, tfong said:

Might be a Chinese thing, but if you don't stamp out the lies, people talk behind your back and it circulates in the community, especially if you run away from "tests" it looks guilty.

Yeah, the groom's mom is known to run her mouth so I'm sure her point of view will get around. But I'm really not involved at all with the people she would tell, and the only people involved that I actually care about already know we didn't do that shit. It just sucks that it actually kind of affects my dad, or at least he's really pissed that people would say that shit about his sons, but again if my brother's gonna distance himself from the situation I don't want to be the only one that has to deal with this BS. 

• Head Moderator
26 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

Yeah, the groom's mom is known to run her mouth so I'm sure her point of view will get around. But I'm really not involved at all with the people she would tell, and the only people involved that I actually care about already know we didn't do that shit. It just sucks that it actually kind of affects my dad, or at least he's really pissed that people would say that shit about his sons, but again if my brother's gonna distance himself from the situation I don't want to be the only one that has to deal with this BS. 

Yeah but if the key thing here is that its going to affect your dad, then thats automatically a no brainer for me, I have to do it. Otherwise he has to deal with it.

• 1 month later...