Claimed:Trouble in Quebec a.k.a TIL #5 [Reviewed]

Is Quebec done after this season?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2i2rgn.png

*ATTN! I wrote this while sleeping as always. Lot's of grammar bugs.*

1. This topic's name says itself - Quebec is another team with the unclear future. Last time in TIL #4 I said Meute is an uprising team and I thought S50 would be QC's year for the cup. Well, now I'm not that sure. Shortly after their loss to Toronto, I saw a post from Molholt, where he said about the potential blockbuster move from Quebec. I thought he was joking, but after Draper made an article about QC's and his future I realized that this is not so easy. But should Brovy make changes now? NY is old, Toronto will have a hard time to replace BenZ due to weak FA class, Seattle and Calgary are still not ready and Quebec's youth is looking dangerous. But they have a one problem that might have an impact on ''Wolfpack'' future - Jeff Hamilton. He is one of couple future FA's who is more than decent player. The most interesting thing is he's still keeping it quiet: 0 words about his future. And if Jeff is out from QUE? Draper said Hamilton's decision might affect him as well. And then we will have a domino effect - Jeff->Koponen->maybe Clegane and then Quebec becomes a mediocre team. But of course, it's not 100% true and maybe these 3 will stay there and try it again. After all, it wasn't a blowout loss against Toronto. 

Tags: @Molholt @Draper @brovy @Victor @sterling

2. Let's go to Cologne. As we all know they are trying to pull an underdog, but something went wrong. Currently they're down 0-3 to Toronto and it seems like there's always next season. But why this is happening? We all know they are actually fighting, not throwing a white flag before the match starts. Cologne players were able to outshoot Torotno in 2 of 3 games, but the score says the different story. Well, I have some explanation on this, like

• Toronto is better. Period. These teams are equally matched if we are looking at position count - they both have 6 FW's, 3 D's and 1 goalie. However, Cologne has only 1 World class player - Phil Hamilton. The rest of them are either solid or mediocre and this is not the best solution against Molholt, Parechkin and Wingate.
  • Goalies. Wait, I said some kind words about Wingate? You're damn right, I did it. In my opinion this is the main reason why Cologne isn't ready for the cup. While Wingate is one of the best goalies in the game right now, Zhumbayev is still got a lot to learn and that difference kills Express. But as I said earlier, there's always next season: Cologne definetely has a potential to be a real contender. 

Tags: @Phil @CowboyinAmerica @fever95 @Molholt @gregreg

3. DRAFT HYPE! I love drafts. I love this feeling when I don't know where I my player will land. And maybe this time is not going to be an exception. I opened the VHL draft tracker topic and realized there are two teams that may take Petenis - Helsinki or Seattle. Helsinki has Cologne's first (likely 9th pick) and Seattle has 5 or 6th, 7th and 8th picks. BTW, I know Gunča isn't a TOP 5 talent, so that's why I'm looking at the second half of the first round. So, what team will take my player? It's hard to say, because both teams are looking for a good prospects, but I'm feeling like this thing is going to be between Gunča and Maximilian Friedrich Karl Wilhelm Prinz von Hohenzollern (yes, goddamit, I'm using his full name, because I can). We have almost the same amount of TPE and the question is what position is more required for Banackock - forward or defenseman. We will see.

Tags: @Banackock @George Costanza @RomanesEuntDomus

4. And what about the VHLM draft? It's completely a different story, because I think GP is very close (or he is) to TOP 3 and I guess he will be drafted by the team who is doing the rebuild thing. Is it gonna be Bern? Moscow? Saskatoon? Or...a team who has no S50 draft picks? It might be, because finally I got the balls and applied for a Bratislava GM position. And maybe not as we have another two applicants for a job and now it's up on Eagles and Flyersfan. 

Tags: @eaglesfan036 @flyersfan1493

5. PORTUGAAAAAAL!!!!! ...oops, wrong topic. 

I HAVE A QUESTION!

14tmvk.jpg

In TIL #4 I made a poll with two questions on it. That poll received 12 answers, which is a decent number and I'm going to publish it.

1. Davos Dynamos' future is:

Start another rebuild: 2

Being a mediocre team before the rebuild: 2

Cup contenders: 7

CHAMPIONS!: 1

So people are still thinking Davos has a bright future even with SWC3's departure and Kyanon's PO in S50. Well, I guess they're right - Helsinki and Stockholm are not ready, so Davos is competiting for the cup. 

2. Should New York Americans' GM start a rebuild after S49 playoffs?

Yes: 9

No : 3

Well, according to 9 people, NY should finish their long time playoff run. But I have a feeling @YEAH!stlemania will make a final push as Quebec has some troubles and I doubt Toronto will be better than right now. 

That's it for today and don't forget to answer to my questions. Good luck. 

Nice article man, as you stated that you applied for Bratislava position, I have applied for Bratislava GM as well. My knock against me is that I was away for an extended period of time and I currently don't have a player created. Other than that, there is a chance. Best of luck to you though!

And right after this article came out Cologne won a match. But the bad news for the Express is my next article will come out in...next Sunday maybe? 

There's always next season, you know. 

Edited by hedgehog337

4 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

Review this, please?

Sorry, man. Great article. As you said, grammar issues throughout but nothing unforgivable. I never heard anything about anyone leaving QC... I guess I should really read ALL the articles and quotes to learn about my own team. Keep the hits coming! 

Review: Like how these articles are all over the place with different ideas. Keeps me interested, especially when I have to read about those QC bums :ph34r:. Hits the word count and always seems to generate good discussion. Nice job!

• Evans changed the title to Trouble in Quebec a.k.a TIL #5 [Reviewed]