Increase Carryover Cap a little bit

I was thinking about this the other day. With players getting 30 free TPE on creation nowadays I'd say that the 75 carryover cap is a little low given that's not on top of that 30 free TPE. I'm not saying bump it up to 105, but maybe like 90 or so?

I always thought our numbers were silly anyways. 30 Free TPE and 75 carryover cap? Why the hell can't we learn to choose good staple like numbers. Considering the attribute earning cap in the VHLM, I say it should be 50 free TPE and 100 carryover cap. 

Okay, whats your reasoning beyond that though? 

The 30 TPE is in place to give new people a less-than-discouraging opening where they don't feel like they are having to break down walls to catch up. Increasing carryover just makes that gap even larger and discourages them some more. I couldn't disagree with you because I'd likely be someone who gets a ton more carryover, but thats not going to help the new members either.

5 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Okay, whats your reasoning beyond that though? 

The 30 TPE is in place to give new people a less-than-discouraging opening where they don't feel like they are having to break down walls to catch up. Increasing carryover just makes that gap even larger and discourages them some more. I couldn't disagree with you because I'd likely be someone who gets a ton more carryover, but thats not going to help the new members either.

That is why I think both should be bumped personally. I mean why 30 TPE free at start? What does that number represent? Is say 50 too high for new members? I doubt it. Same goes with the carry over. Why 75? I feel like these numbers were conceived when the league and how we earned TPE was much different. Imagine how many more competitive/useful VHLM players there would be, even if they go inactive, if they got 50 free TPE to start versus 30. It's not a huge difference to make it unfair, but still enough you'd probably see some use out of said players. Making new members valuable is always a good thing. Combine that with some of the very smart VHLM suggestions currently going on in the BoG regarding waivers/new players, and I think you could see an uptake in the value of someone who creates a new player from scratch. 

I don't think increasing the carryover cap would be too killer. After all:

1: Players very rarely get to 75 carryover as it is.

2: The difference used to be 0 (new player) to 75 (max carryover). That feels like too much, I agree. But 30 to 75 feels a little too low, that's why I suggested 90 as a happy middle.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

I always thought our numbers were silly anyways. 30 Free TPE and 75 carryover cap? Why the hell can't we learn to choose good staple like numbers. Considering the attribute earning cap in the VHLM, I say it should be 50 free TPE and 100 carryover cap. 

Thing is with these numbers, you aren't going to see many people reach the 50 TPE threshold in that case. Assuming an 8 season career and current carryover percentages, you'd need 715 TPE to beat the threshold. That's a little high for me. Given that 400 TPE is the threshold for Welfare, that seems like a reasonable number to beat... which consequently, is just about 30 carryover (400 x 7% = 28).

And speaking generally, the 75 TPE threshold, you need 1085 TPE to beat that, so what we're discussing here affects probably 5% of high-earning members that are probably recreating no matter what anyway. Just something to keep in mind (don't really care myself, I'm more in line with Victor's "if it ain't broke" mantra)

• Senior Admin
38 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

I mean why 30 TPE free at start? What does that number represent?

New members used to start at 0 TPE but would get their first 3 PT's doubled and 10 TPE for VHLM Training Camp. 18 Uncapped from the double PT's + 10 TPE from VHLM TC = 28, rounded to 30 for the heck of it.