How to...

Kesler

Okay, say I wanted to do a podcast. How could I do it cause with my new headphones (Monster DNA's) I have the mic build in and could record (I believe) a podcast. So can someone show/tell me how to record a podcast and all the steps that come with it?

depends on what kind of a computer you have. If you use any form of Mac it'd come with a program called Garage Band, which is what i used back in the day, and what Noah uses now.

Otherwise you need to download a recording program. I dn't know much about them but Audacity is very popular.

• Commissioner

Step 1: Return those headphones and any other massively overpriced Monster products you have.

Step 2: Buy a decent set of Sony or Logitech headphones / Mic for a quarter of the price and get the same if not better quality.

Step 3: Download Audacity and record.

• Commissioner

^ If you get Monster Headphones at a discount they are amazing so that's just total bias.

Would have to be a pretty big discount because the $300 beats sound exactly the same as a $30-$50 pair of Sony headphones.

Monster is known for overpricing everything from HDMI cables ($50 for a cable, really) to headphones and everything I'm between. They charge what they can get away with because uninformed people buy them but that doesn't make the quality higher.

1. Audacity is your best friend.

2. Jericho, MAC's also come equipped with an in-built Mic (Just thought I'd add that).

3. Beketov is right, Monster HDMI cables are sometimes $75 when all you need is gold plated ends on a cord.

• Commissioner

I know the DNA kes is talking about was probably a boxing day special at 99. I have solos and DNA, both under 100 and both worth it for me.

Well I don't know if the DNA's are somehow massively more amazing than beats I wouldn't expect them to be worth that price.

In my sound design class last year someone did one of their projects on a blind headphones test between a set of Bose ($300), Sony ($50), Logitech ($30) and Beats ($200).

They were blindfolded and given each set of headphones with the same song and section of movie played on each. In over 90% of the test subjects the Bose were unanimously first in quality, with the Sony's tying the Beats for second and the Logitech coming last.

So idk, maybe some people just have more sensitive ears but I saw the results of 20 different people that showed Beats (at $150 more) were no better than the Sony cans.

If you're really an audiofile, buy Bose. Otherwise, don't waste money on Monster. I guess that's just my opinion though.