Claimed:My Picks for All-Stars this year [Reviewed]

It is that time of year again in the Victory Hockey League where we choose the All-Stars for the 50th season in the VHL. Here are the players I think will be on the team come announcement time.

Forwards

Tom Lincoln

Unassisted

Joel Jarvi

Edwin Reencarnacion

John Sleeman

Niels Skovgaard

Aleksi Koponen

Jordan Maverick

Sir William Covington III

Bogdan Podarok

Tyson Kohler

Jorma Ruutu

Here are the twelve forward I expect to be named to the All-Star team. It is a fine mix of players. Quebec in my mind will send 4 players, Cologne would send 3, Davos would send 2 with New York, Riga and Seattle sending 1. Tom Lincoln, Unassisted and Joel Jarvi, I believe these three are locks because they are the top three in points this year. Lincoln leads the VHL in point with 67. Unassisted and Jarvi are both 2nd with 57 points. Edwin Reencarnacion leads the league in goals with 27 and he has 51 points, not very far off the pace of 2nd place. Sleeman and Skovgaard are tied with Edwin in points with 51. Koponen is the last of the Quebec 4 forwards to be named in my mind. He has 47 points. Jordan Maverick is having himself a very fine season in Riga with 21 goals and 25 assists for 46 points. A breakout year for him. SWC3 is leading the Dynamo in scoring with 31 assists and 46 points. Bogdan leads the Bears in scoring and he himself is having a breakout year with 24 goals and 44 points on the year. Kohler will be the 3rd and final Express player to be named as he has scored 24 goals and 42 points. Finally Jorma Ruutu should be the last player to make it in his final year in the VHL as well. It would be a great end to a career for him. This year he has scored 23 goals and assisted on 19 for 42 points. 

Additions: Joel JarviJohn SleemanNiels SkovgaardJordan MaverickBogdan PodarokTyson Kohler

Subtractions: Max Molholt, Freedom McJusticeZach PareckinLeAndre St-PierreSimon Valmount, Lord Karnage

Defenseman:

Francis York Morgan

Jeff Hamilton

Phil Hamilton

David Hamilton

Black Velvet

Biggu Kyanon

Shayne Gow

Bubba Nuck

These are the 8 defenseman I expect to make the all-star team. Cologne will send 3 more players, while Davos, Toronto, Quebec, Helsinki and Seattle will send 1 more player on the defensive end. Francis York Morgan came flying out of the gate but he has since not kept up that pace. However, he is still 7th in defenseman scoring with 48 points. Jeff Hamilton isn't too far behind thanks to FYM not keeping up his pace while Hamilton picked his up. Jeff has 44 points on the year while blocking 76 shots. Phil and David Hamilton are having good years in Germany this year. Phil has 43 points and 154 hits while David has 14 goals and 38 points. Black Velvet is the first Toronto player I've named so far. He has 38 points on the year which is 2nd on team scoring. Kyanon is the last Cologne defenseman to be named this year and he is also the first player to have under a PPG with 35 points in 38 games. Gow is having such a great year for a rookie defenseman that I couldn't leave him off as he has 33 points good for 3rd on team scoring. Nuck too is having a semi breakout year playing on Seattle with 33 points as well. He also has 65 shots blocked and 104 hits. 

Additions: David HamiltonShayne GowBubba Nuck

Subtractions: Arcturus MengskSoriyuu KaminogiWorld B. Free

Goaltenders:

Hans Wingate

Dmitri Dadonov

Artom Zhumbayev

Ariel Weinstein

Greg Clegane

Sandro Clegane

Finally, we have our six goaltenders. Toronto, Helsinki, Cologne, Calgary, Quebec City and Davos would be sending their goaltenders in my mind. Hans Wingate is having a typical WinGod year with a record of 27-5-1 with a save percentage of .942 and a G.A.A of 1.42 to go along with a league leading 7 shutouts. I mean c'mon WinGod, let some people score. Dadonov is having a better year than last year record wise at 18-15-4 with a .932 save percentage and a 2.24 G.A.A. He also has 5 shuouts and he faced the 2nd most shots in the league at over 1200 and still has the 2nd best save percentage. ArtomBomb has led the Express to another top European Conference spot again this season. He has a record of 27-8-3 with a .923 save percentage and a 1.86 G.A.A. He also has 5 shutouts and 5 assists which leads all goalies in the VHL. Weinstein may seem like a surprise inclusion but he has a .500 record and a great save percentage on a pretty bad team. His record is 15-14-6 with a .923 save percentage and a 2.34 G.A.A. Dadonov was included last year due to his great save percentage so I think this year that man should be WeinsteinGreg Clegane is having a drop off year after his MVP season last year. He still has a record of 22-11-3 with a .919 save percentage and a 2.09 G.A.A but that is still a far cry from last years numbers. Last and least we have Sandro Clegane who has a record of 17-14-2 with a .917 save percentage and a 2.41 G.A.A. Davos were expected to be big players this year but it seems that no one is consistent. 

Additions: Ariel Weinstein

Subtractions: Atticus Von Broxton IV

:cal:Calgary Wranglers - One Player - Goaltender Ariel Weinstein

:col:Cologne Express - Seven Players - Forward Joel Jarvi, Forward Niels Skovgaard, Forward Tyson Kohler, Defenseman Phil Hamilton, Defenseman David Hamilton, Goaltender Artom Zhumbayev

:dav:HC Davos Dynamo - Four Players - Forward Sir William Covington III, Forward Jorma Ruutu, Defenseman Francis York Morgan, Goaltender Sandro Clegane

:hel:Helsinki Titans - Two Players - Defenseman Shayne Gow, Goaltender Dmitri Dadonov

:nya:New York Americans - One Player - Forward Edwin Reencarnicion

:que:Quebec City Meute - Five Players - Forward Tom Lincoln, Forward Unassisted, Forward John Sleeman, Defenseman Jeff Hamilton, Goaltender Greg Clegane

:rig:Riga Reign - One Player - Forward Jordan Maverick

:sea:Seattle Bears - Two Players - Forward Bogdan Podarok, Defenseman Bubba Nuck

:sto:Stockholm Vikings - No Players - :(

:tor:Toronto Legion - Two Players - Defenseman Black Velvet, Goaltender Hans Wingate

7 minutes ago, Higgins said:

No forwards from the top team atm 

Toronto is doing good yes but WinGod has been shutting the door and none of the forwards point totals have been blowing anyone away. WinGod is essentially pulling a Carey Price 2 years ago while you are the P.K Subban leading the team from the backend. 

Review:

Maybe I missed the previous edition of this or something but the "Subtractions" section throws me off a little.  There were some sentence fragments in there that probably should have been combined with a sentence using a comma or something. 

Ex:

14 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

Jordan Maverick is having himself a very fine season in Riga with 21 goals and 25 assists for 46 points. A breakout year for him.

That's not a sentence on its own.

It was kind of choppy to read with all the short sentences. Not saying you need to make these huge long sentences either, it's just my opinion.

Keep it up though!!

• evrydayimbyfuglien changed the title to My Picks for All-Stars this year [Reviewed]
7 hours ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

Review:

Maybe I missed the previous edition of this or something but the "Subtractions" section throws me off a little.

nah you didnt miss anything bro, the subtractions are the all-stars from last year who didnt make it this year or retired. 

5 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Nice picks.

It's crazy to me how flipped this season's Toronto team is. Wingate is playing out of his mind and the Legion forwards are underperforming. They're obviously performing well, but not to the last 2 seasons' standards.

yea nothing against you or Molholt, you guys are having fine seasons its just that these guys are having seasons just a bit better than yours. 

1 minute ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

yea nothing against you or Molholt, you guys are having fine seasons its just that these guys are having seasons just a bit better than yours. 

I'm loving the season we're having, tbh.