2016/17 Football Discussion

• 2 weeks later...

For those who know the history of soccer better than me, would it be fair to say that Chelsea and Tottenham were on a similar level before Abramovich? Just looking at their trophies and where they finished in the table, seems like they both were clubs that had moments of success towards the top of the table but were largely mediocre.

• Admin
29 minutes ago, flyersfan1493 said:

For those who know the history of soccer better than me, would it be fair to say that Chelsea and Tottenham were on a similar level before Abramovich? Just looking at their trophies and where they finished in the table, seems like they both were clubs that had moments of success towards the top of the table but were largely mediocre.

Yeah I think so. I think both were around Everton level. Man City were worse than all of the above before the money.

Otherwise, the teams with the "history" are Man Utd, Arsenal, and Liverpool, and of course also not without using financial power, just different back in the day.

On 11/27/2016 at 10:57 AM, Victor said:

Yeah I think so. I think both were around Everton level. Man City were worse than all of the above before the money.

Otherwise, the teams with the "history" are Man Utd, Arsenal, and Liverpool, and of course also not without using financial power, just different back in the day.

Back in the day, Leeds were fair as well, Pompey were regularly a Prem club, money has worked well for those who have it but has also hurt the ones who don't.

• Admin
2 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

Back in the day, Leeds were fair as well, Pompey were regularly a Prem club, money has worked well for those who have it but has also hurt the ones who don't.

But those who don't have it now had it before which was sort of the point I was making. There's a lot of butthurt stemming from the fact some old big clubs couldn't keep up. As it stands, Man U are heading the same way as well.

1 hour ago, Victor said:

But those who don't have it now had it before which was sort of the point I was making. There's a lot of butthurt stemming from the fact some old big clubs couldn't keep up. As it stands, Man U are heading the same way as well.

I would very much like to see that :)