Claimed:Is Diana Maxwell a Bust? [Reviewed]

scoop

Is Diana Maxwell a Bust?

Certainly it is too early to answer the question, but so far, Diana Maxwell has not achieved any of her goals. First, down in the VHLM, she had high hopes for winning a Founder's Cup. That never happened. The second goal in her short career was to win rookie of the year. While the season is not yet over, it's not looking good for her in that regard. With just 31 points through 46 games, she isn't having nearly the season she expected. Before ever even playing a VHLM game, she had set very high career goals for herself, which includes multiple championships and MVP trophies en route to a Hall of Fame induction.

Despite this slow start, she remains confident that she will achieve the greatness she promised.

"I have no reason to think I can't still accomplish what I set out to do. This is just one season. My first season. I'm still putting in all the effort to improve myself, but right now I'm competing against older, more developed players. Plus my team isn't really complete, you know? Next season we still begin to take shape. We'll have guys coming up from the VHLM, maybe make a play for some free agents. I doubt if I'll be good enough to win MVP by next season, but I think it's too early to rule out a championship. Do I expect it? No. But don't rule it out."

The Stockholm Vikings are currently the worst team in the league, and it starts with their offense, the exact area where Maxwell is expected to excel. They have a 4-38-4 record, and have scored just 48 goals in those 46 games. While scoring far fewer goals than any other team (Calgary, the next worst, has 91 goals), the Vikings have also allowed a league-leading 151. With just 12 points in the standings, they trail the 9th-place Americans by 24 points. Despite the abysmal season, the notion that Stockholm could be competing for the Cup as soon as next season may actually be more than just a pipe dream.

While not top prospects, the Vikings have four VHLM players who could potentially be up in the VHL next season: forward Jack Kraken, and defensemen Nikki Kissanen, Elijah Dotran, and Misha Tobolsk. Adding these players to the roster will help out the likes of Maxwell, Essian Ravenwing, and Atticus Von Braxton IV, who are struggling to carry the load at the moment. If the Vikings are to seriously compete as soon as next season, though, they will have to be big players in free agency. With several big names out there, and a lot of cap space to work with, the Vikings could make a splash. They have a solid roster base of young players, but they need to acquire veterans to really show them the way. If the majority of the upcoming free agents do hit the market, it will be a hotly contested period. Given their current setup, Stockholm could be an ideal location when the time comes. If they can lure in some of the big names, Maxwell and the Vikings could be up there at the top in Season 51.

You'll get there. I've only had 2 players, and both of them never had a Founder's Cup.

Parechkin had a bunch of awards, but none of them meant much other than the Continental Cup. The Jonssons are great, but those are technically more user-based.

3 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

You'll get there. I've only had 2 players, and both of them never had a Founder's Cup.

meanwhile I've had 1 player and won 2 Founders Cups :P

Review:

definitely too soon to call Maxwell a bust haha. Stockholm is doing that bad? Ouch! At least you guys will get some good players, like Kissanen, my personal favorite! If you busy were able to get a lot of free agents this offseason, that would be a huge deal for you guys with the combo of veteran stars and youth depth.

536 words :D

• Smarch changed the title to Is Diana Maxwell a Bust? [Reviewed]