S50: A Banner Competition!

Will

• Senior Admin

The new skin is in dire need of a new banner. A friendly banner competition is of course the best way to resolve this pressing issue.

Anyone who submits is an entry to the competition is entitled to claiming 6 capped TPE for your weekly point task and an additional 3 uncapped TPE. The winner of the competition will be decided by public vote, and the creators of the top 3 banners will receive additional prizes that are TBD. If any of the magazine staff wish to participate in this, they can consider the 6 capped TPE as a free week and claim it later at a time that's convenient for the magazine, if they wish. 

The blue logo can be found here, though anyone is free to make changes or whatever as you see fit. No real requirements, let your creativity be your guiding light! I should note that pretty much every color on the theme is able to be customized, so if it turns out that certain parts of the forum could be tweaked to fit better with the winning banner, we can certainly try to accommodate that.

You can only submit one banner to the contest, and I think a good deadline would be 2 weeks from today - so August 31st! You can make your submission simply by PM'ing your banner to me.

Also we'll keep the banner-creators anonymous over the course of the public votes, so when you go to claim it in your update thread just say "S50 Banner Competition", no need to link it to anything. 

Happy banner-ing! 

• Senior Admin
1 hour ago, enigmatic said:

Size? Also, will there be a blue box where the menu is or we need to keep in mind that it'll need to be visible on our banner?

Which menu? The one that says like 'Browse', 'Activity', etc? Or the one that shows your PM's and stuff? Either way, it shouldn't matter, we can change the visibility of both separate from the banner.

For size, you have some wiggle room on that. The theme is pretty dynamic so any size (within reason obviously) should work. @boubabi might be able to give you a good starting point since he knows this shit.

1 hour ago, Gunner said:

If I do mine tomorrow, can I claim my 9tpe for next week? I'm getting my wisdom teeth out and doubt that I'll be able to create anything worthwhile next week :lol:

Yes

• Senior Admin
5 minutes ago, STZ said:

Sent one.. I'll use it for DeGrath if I need to specify

Right, I'll have to get used to specifying how these announcements work for two players lol.

The capped portion is good on one specific player, the uncapped portion is good for both players. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2016 at 0:43 PM, Draper said:

god i hate how u cant remove a quote box if u accidentally put one in...

anyways lets not end this in the middle of the week pls, extend it to sunday so ppl can do it for their PT this week as stated by someone @ some point...

@Draper

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, gorlab said:

don't ignore me draper

:cig:

On 8/17/2016 at 3:43 PM, Draper said:

Also we'll keep the banner-creators anonymous over the course of the public votes, so when you go to claim it in your update thread just say "S50 Banner Competition", no need to link it to anything. 

You can use it for a PT