S37 VHL Entry Draft Discussion

Me at 10? Congratulations Toronto, you have received the steal of the draft!

Once again you're a goaltender.

Cal - GM Goalie

NYA - GM Goalie

RIG - GM Goalie

SEA - GM Goalie in 3 seasons after Smyl

DAV - Young Goalie

VAS - Semi-young Goalie

QUE - No picks

Once again you're a goaltender.

Cal - GM Goalie

NYA - GM Goalie

RIG - GM Goalie

SEA - GM Goalie in 3 seasons after Smyl

DAV - Young Goalie

VAS - Semi-young Goalie

QUE - No picks

Very true, but that does not mitigate the fact at pick ten, I am have excellent value.

Very true, but that does not mitigate the fact at pick ten, I am have excellent value.

Sure but your a goalie. Unless someone decides to pick you up early and trade you, which is unlikely because nobody needs goalies. All depends on Helsinki imo. They could potentially deal Tukio before the draft to get a pick to draft you. Depends on who takes over as GM and if they create a GM goalie. GM goalies are everywhere, flooding the market. QUE won't draft young as they still likely compete and get either Tukio or Chekhov with a very small market. 

From a pure talent perspective, this draft is stacked. Recreates, great first gens. But from a "who is going to go where" perspective, this is likely going to be super predictable. THANKS ADVANTAGE FOR GETTING ALL THE PICKS! :P Would love to see some surprise drafting done just for the pure shock value of it all. 

Sure but your a goalie. Unless someone decides to pick you up early and trade you, which is unlikely because nobody needs goalies. All depends on Helsinki imo. They could potentially deal Tukio before the draft to get a pick to draft you. Depends on who takes over as GM and if they create a GM goalie. GM goalies are everywhere, flooding the market. QUE won't draft young as they still likely compete and get either Tukio or Chekhov with a very small market. 

From a pure talent perspective, this draft is stacked. Recreates, great first gens. But from a "who is going to go where" perspective, this is likely going to be super predictable. THANKS ADVANTAGE FOR GETTING ALL THE PICKS! :P Would love to see some surprise drafting done just for the pure shock value of it all. 

Won't happen. It won't be based on TPE either haha

• 3 weeks later...

I wish we didn't wait till the pre season started to do drafts. Victors schedluing is rather stupid. But I am pumped to see this resolved. 

Maybe it's just my strange thinking but aren't drafts usually before free agency in the NHL? I know other leagues have it the other way around but it would be interesting to see if pushing the draft before FA would allow more action during the FA period. I know ours is mostly based off GM participation though.

• Admin

I wish we didn't wait till the pre season started to do drafts. Victors schedluing is rather stupid. But I am pumped to see this resolved.

What? This is the longest wait between playoffs and draft in a while and for good reason too.