S37 VHL Entry Draft Discussion

Other people post the same shit but I'm always the one shitting bricks Victor. I'm just pointing something out. And yeah Kendrick they do happen before free agency in the NHL but as usual tough to implement that here. GM's obviously are paid employee's in the NHL so they show up for the draft when a date and time are set. Tough to do that here. 

Although I don't recall us having an issue with this in the past. We generally have always set a time for the draft and if GM's can't make it they send in someone to draft for them. This has happened countless times before where several GM's had others drafting for them. We never seemed to mind then, why do we mind now? 

• Admin

Other people post the same shit but I'm always the one shitting bricks Victor. I'm just pointing something out. And yeah Kendrick they do happen before free agency in the NHL but as usual tough to implement that here.

Maybe it's the way you word things.

Why did you point this out? Where was it said this draft was during the pre-season?

Drafts have actually always been before FA here as well. And this one will be too. I'm literally at a loss as to what the issue is.

Why did you point this out? Where was it said this draft was during the pre-season?

Drafts have actually always been before FA here as well. And this one will be too. I'm literally at a loss as to what the issue is.

Devise way or the highway 

If the draft is on Thursdeay (which was only recently announced like in the last little bit) technically free agency opens on Wednesday. Also in the announcements thread you said "probably on Sunday" regarding the VHLM draft. Since no dates were yet announced I was speculating on when things may or may not occur. Hence why I posted, to get some clarification. Now that things are clarified, it works a lot easier. :P 

Ultimately though I point something out and other people state their opinions on things some agreeing with me yet I'm the one targeted for pointing it out. It's a forum, I'm posting something I notice that others may or may not also notice and may or may not agree with. It isn't like I'm somehow attacking people. Also Greg, your troll efforts are pathetic. :P 

As a first-gen who's eligible this draft I agree that I was also wondering when the drafts would be because it's kind of First-gen limbo for us right now. I just didn't really voice anything because I didn't want to come across as a "Whining newbie"

Now that we have some dates set it's making the experience more exciting knowing I'll soon know which team I will start on.

• Admin

If the draft is on Thursdeay (which was only recently announced like in the last little bit) technically free agency opens on Wednesday. Also in the announcements thread you said "probably on Sunday" regarding the VHLM draft. Since no dates were yet announced I was speculating on when things may or may not occur. Hence why I posted, to get some clarification. Now that things are clarified, it works a lot easier. :P 

Ultimately though I point something out and other people state their opinions on things some agreeing with me yet I'm the one targeted for pointing it out. It's a forum, I'm posting something I notice that others may or may not also notice and may or may not agree with. It isn't like I'm somehow attacking people. Also Greg, your troll efforts are pathetic. :P

you know what, stick to 3 paragraphs, you actually manage to fully state what you want to.

Your first post on this page was a line long, half of which was really helpful "Victors schedluing is rather stupid." :P

• Admin

As a first-gen who's eligible this draft I agree that I was also wondering when the drafts would be because it's kind of First-gen limbo for us right now. I just didn't really voice anything because I didn't want to come across as a "Whining newbie"

Now that we have some dates set it's making the experience more exciting knowing I'll soon know which team I will start on.

Yeah they always start as TBD in the off-season schedule while we get a time most GMs are happy on.

Just so you are aware, the draft dates aren't set because Victor does have to ask the GM's on a time. He can't really just make up a time and expect everyone to be there. That is why you all had to wait for that time to be announced.

Regardless should be a fun draft.

Yeah I realized that it's tougher to schedule the draft because of scheduling issues. I'm in a group project for college and it's tough to just get 4 people together.

I just get why there's frustration with not knowing when the draft is.

you know what, stick to 3 paragraphs, you actually manage to fully state what you want to.

Your first post on this page was a line long, half of which was really helpful "Victors schedluing is rather stupid." :P

You know I wasn't actually serious. Or if you didn't then I should try joking around more. :P 

I need a show of hands of people who plan to chip in for pizza for the draft party.

I will pay for one Large on Thursday.