Come on Over, Come on over baby! [Reviewed]

Smarch

:cal:Make Calgary Great Again:cal:

YTzfe5K.png

I’m sure if you’re a free agent of a regular poster around the boards; you’ve seen or heard of Calgary’s interest in the free agent core this off-season. Many have been seen saying that Calgary doesn’t have much to offer, but I would have to offer a rebuttal to you based on these following facts

1.      Loyal Members:

Under the tenure of General Manager Austin Gown, players have always raved about their time in Calgary playing for the experienced GM. Him alongside myself sometimes can be loyal to a fault, almost always putting the team first no matter the outcome for our own players and careers. We both have enjoyed our time here in the VHL and look to continue enjoying by adding some key pieces and making a run in a possible weak conference.

WhvKBwh.png

2.      Active Locker-room

Although some members wish to believe otherwise, Calgary has a great locker-room. After being drafted by Quebec during a rebuild then spending time in Stockholm and New York while competing, I can honestly say that no matter the situation in Calgary there is usually discussion going on in the locker-room. A nice mix of VHL and non VHL related in the locker-room gives lots of room for discussion to open ears. Come tell us your deepest darkest secrets, talk about girls or boys we don’t judge, bitch about your mother-in-law, or whatever else is on your mind. Kind of like muchmusics, “speaker’s corner” for the old school Canadians on this site.

3.      Party Time

The drinking age is eighteen in Alberta, the Canadian province where the Wranglers reside. I mean if that doesn’t scream irresponsibility and fun on your days off, I honestly don’t know what will. Also hockey players in the city of Calgary are pretty well received, as was evident during the NHL’s Calgary Flames run to the Stanley Cup Finals, where a city block now known as the Red Mile, saw thousands of people turn up each game to party before, during, and after the game. Go anywhere for a Beer and don’t worry about taking your wallet.

JMjn0nO.png

4.      Great General Manager

You may say that there are great General Managers all over the VHL, and while you are correct, I don’t think you’ll meet one as passionate and knowledgeable as Gow. A Season Forty-Four David Knight Trophy winner as the league’s top General Manager, Gow is constantly on the scene in the locker-room checking on if his players require anything from him. Gow will give you 100% each and every season and off-season

5.      Banff

Number five should be enough for anyone with the change to go to Alberta, to head their as soon as possible. While Alberta and Canada in general may be the perfect hockey weather, Alberta clippers give the perfect opportunity to spend a day outside on the slopes of shopping while not fearing frostbite. Spoil yourself of your significant other with a memorable day trip to one of the nicest places in North America.

YTzfe5K.png

Edited by Smarch

1 hour ago, Da Trifecta said:

First one was forced. 2nd was due to a rebuild. 3rd was the same thing. 4th sent me to a great team and I went to the finals.

I'll stop you right there. Cologne was trading Jones away regardless just because of the attitude. But if you want to say Forced, then sure.

On 9/14/2016 at 4:11 PM, Kendrick said:

I'll stop you right there. Cologne was trading Jones away regardless just because of the attitude. But if you want to say Forced, then sure.

You are lying to yourself if you think that is true. There was no attitude until I wanted out.

36 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

You are lying to yourself if you think that is true. There was no attitude until I wanted out.

I am not. The entire LR saw it. You decided our team wasn't good enough and made a big stink. Sort of like brovy.