2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

i honestly think they should trade Burrows in all honesty. but so, no team can pony up to pay for kesler and have the cap room? 

Well for most teams to fit Kesler under their cap they'd have to shed salary and you know that Gillis will want a player in return that can help the franchise long-term. Thus if someone wants to trade a cap dump that isn't performing, he doesn't really fit the need.

Burrows value is as low as anything right now, so you'd get peanuts for him.

They'd be idiots to trade Burrows right now because his value is complete shit. Worst case scenario is he's a very good (and overpaid) third line forward from now on. Higgins - Horvat - Burrows wouldn't be so bad.

Apparently Kesler was pulled off the ice at practice so he's been traded, he's hurt, or the guy reporting it is an idiot and practice is over. I wouldn't mind sending him to CBJ if we could get Johansen in return. Basically the biggest things for me are 1) how are the fans going to react to him when he comes back on another team? If he's trying to force his way out, it might not be so great... 2) WTF am I going to do with my Kesler jersey?

P.S. Now Dan Murphy says he's still out there but favouring his left hand.

Apparently Kesler was pulled off the ice at practice so he's been traded, he's hurt, or the guy reporting it is an idiot and practice is over.

P.S. Now Dan Murphy says he's still out there but favouring his left hand.

He didn't ask for a trade. He hurt his hand in the USA/Russia game and further injured it in the CAN/USA game. This is a classic case of the Vancouver media overreacting and doing their shitty reporting. I understand the business of reporting but Vancouver media is the worst for overblowing a situation to increate listeners/viewers. Just report the damn story as is.

I'm not sure how you can be so certain of that, have you asked Kesler himself? The more I think about it, the less I'm surprised. He clashed with AV over "not using his wingers" and his injuries apparently not being serious, and now Torts wants to use him as a winger and stripped him of the "A". He's probably tired of the retarded-as-fuck media in this town too.

Because Kesler's agent confirmed last night. Plus his injury was confirmed during the Olympics. It was no secret he got injured, the Finland pre-game show had them talk about the fact he was injured.

Because Kesler's agent confirmed last night. Plus his injury was confirmed during the Olympics. It was no secret he got injured, the Finland pre-game show had them talk about the fact he was injured.

Yes, because agents never lie.  :smhrd3:

And I'm aware of the injury, but they said he's day to day and might be good to next week so it's surprising that he seems to be favouring that had so much.

They taped the hell out of his hand in pretty much every game. He's just not a pussy and played through it for the Olympics.

I'm aware of that. Kesler played the last 10 games of the 2011 run with one good leg, the guy doesn't give up.

I'm aware of that. Kesler played the last 10 games of the 2011 run with one good leg, the guy doesn't give up.

What Coach is saying is that the media is making a big deal out of a trade because he isn't in the lineup. He isn't in the lineup because he is injured. They always say day-to-day in a lot of scenarios that are more like 4-5 days away. Not far fetched to figure out that he is lingering a bit after the Olympics. Keep in mind if he played a full schedule it would be 88 games this season before the playoffs.

Also, I see your agent post but I'd believe his agent more so then the media of Vancouver. Hell I know the Vancouver media, they will twist a story all they want even if it borderlines criminal media laws just to get the story out.

(If you didn't know there are laws in place to avoid horrible asinine stories being published in legit sources i.e. The Province, Vancouver Sun). Which is the major reason why when a media source/reporter leaks a false story they don't hear the end of it from both their CEO and to a lesser degree their publisher.

Side note: Steve Moore continues to amaze me. I understand this guy was hurt and seeks payment for medical bills and legal bills. However ten years after the fact he puts what some call a "negotiating term" on the table for 38 Million dollars. Talk about dragging something on for the sake getting some sort of popularity. This guy needs to settle for much lower and leave it alone. Trust me, I hate what Bertuzzi did just as much as the next guy, however Moore is now being a total douche about the situation. Also no one can file charges for what would allegedly be a future salary. Ex. If Sandro works at a Warehouse that deals with contract salaries and he is signed for 2 calendar years, I come alone and hit him over the head with a crate and he is out of work for 3 years. Sandro can't file charges to pay for 3 years of work, he can only file for the amount left on his contract, seeing as he isn't guaranteed another one past those 2 years. I just don't see where Moore is coming from. 

Edited by Kendrick

Miller

Ott

for 

C.Stewart

Halak

Carrier

1st '15

3rd '16

1st '14 (if Miller resigns or St.Louis gets to the Western Final)

pretty good trade for Buffalo

Edited by gregreg

I love Otts game, always have and Miller is Buffalo to me. With that said this is a great parting present from Mr. Miller. I am jacked with the return, the pipeline is filling up monthly. Plus Hoff, Moulson, Stewart, Halak can all fetch more yet.

I love Otts game, always have and Miller is Buffalo to me. With that said this is a great parting present from Mr. Miller. I am jacked with the return, the pipeline is filling up monthly. Plus Hoff, Moulson, Stewart, Halak can all fetch more yet.

What's funny is that Ehrhoff contract does the opposite of coming back to bite Buffalo. It is more then flexible to trade off

hoff wont fetch you a pile of dog shit. But none the less this is an AWESOME trade for buffalo.

Debatable. Teams will look for the puck moving guy more times than you think