POLL: Which VHL or VHLM teams should be relocated?

hedgehog337

Which VHLM team should be relocated?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Victor said:

But why not contract Bern and keep Moscow and leave the VHL alone?

For me the reason I'd do it the other way is because I feel like Russia is a country that deserves a real VHL team. They are the same scale hockey market wise as USA and Canada, they have tons of prominent NHL players. I've always found it silly that we pride ourselves on our European preference but we don't cover one of the biggest hockey countries in the main league. The idea to me that Europe would then be the Fins, Swedes, Swiss, Russians and Germans gives you a good broad scope of the European hockey scene. 

In terms of Quebec to Chicago, I just don't know if Quebec worked as well as we thought it would. By no means is it bad or even really should be a serious threat to relocation. But if we wanted to go that route, Chicago makes sense. I mean really it's just about keeping balance and I think we got too crazy on it in the VHLM. Mostly in terms of the balance. Since deciding NA is basically finding a healthy mix of both Canadian and American cities in each league. Toronto, Calgary, Chicago, Seattle, New York. That looks like a prestigious list of some of the best hockey and sports cities in the continent and pretty nicely reflects well for the majors imo. 

Edited by Mr. Power

3 hours ago, Kendrick said:

He can be serious about Davos to Russia all he wants, but it would be rejected by many voices. Moving a team doesn't just involve the GM and given that Davos has a rich history and that Gooning hasn't been here for more than 20 seasons, I highly doubt it gets moved. Davos is one of (if not) the most storied and successful franchises in the VHL and moving them basically says "Fuck You History".

Quebec --> Midwestern USA

Riga --> Moscow

It may not get moved, but you cant say im doing this cuz fuck history. Anyone who thinks that needs to remember how much ive given for this franchise. And given ive found a way to bring more activity to my life since i started my company i dont plan on stepping down anytime soon. I realized it was a long shot, but i wasnt not going to make a pitch

2 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Hey now! I bailed because i had no intention of leaving Seattle and he traded for me. He never even asked me beforehand, he knows thats his fault.

It was a very rough introduction to the VHL for my first player.

54 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

It may not get moved, but you cant say im doing this cuz fuck history. Anyone who thinks that needs to remember how much ive given for this franchise. And given ive found a way to bring more activity to my life since i started my company i dont plan on stepping down anytime soon. I realized it was a long shot, but i wasnt not going to make a pitch

And you need to remember how much others have given to that franchise. That franchise is old in tradition, a tradition laced with success and HOF careers. Also it's a franchise that one ups almost every single other franchise in the league. By pitching you actually are saying "fuck history" because thats essentially what you'd be flushing down the toilet by moving a successful franchise.

I should note I have no true positive ties to Davos, that franchise is the reason I lack 2-3 more cups in fact. But it's like telling the Detroit Red Wings they now must move to Cleveland.

Sure, Riga has had a rough time recently and the trend seems like it'll continue this season, but I don't see a reason to move them. Yes, Russia is a big hockey market, and yes, it does make sense to have a team there potentially, but no, it doesn't make sense to move Riga (or another VHL team in my opinion). Riga has been around forever and should stay where they are to continue the franchise's history. I'm not on board for a move and will be against it unless my hand is forced on the matter. If not, the Reign stay put in Latvia.

VHLM contraction is an issue that will be discussed in the off-season. 

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Sure, Riga has had a rough time recently and the trend seems like it'll continue this season, but I don't see a reason to move them. Yes, Russia is a big hockey market, and yes, it does make sense to have a team there potentially, but no, it doesn't make sense to move Riga (or another VHL team in my opinion). Riga has been around forever and should stay where they are to continue the franchise's history. I'm not on board for a move and will be against it unless my hand is forced on the matter. If not, the Reign stay put in Latvia.

VHLM contraction is an issue that will be discussed in the off-season. 

Should just change the name of the Riga Reign to the Davos Dynamo, and then change Davos to a Russia city. That way you still get your franchise with history and Gooning can move to St Petersburg. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Power said:

Should just change the name of the Riga Reign to the Davos Dynamo, and then change Davos to a Russia city. That way you still get your franchise with history and Gooning can move to St Petersburg. 

Im content where i am, well id love to run a russian franchise ill just have to settle for capturing many cups for Davos.