HSK/NYA ; S51 off-season

Higgins

The @Victor we weren't asking for all the games to be simmed at once all playoffs, just the last day. But let's be real we probably should evaluate our season, off-season timeline. There can be a decent amount of down time. Imagine being a new player in this climate?

That said I really don't think allowing trades is as huge of a deal as your making it. Most GMs wait on significant deals anyway and in the case of SEA/COL when was the last time someone was able to trade for pending FA and leverage that? We almost never see the pending FA trade for rights like that tbh.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Mr. Power said:

The @Victor we weren't asking for all the games to be simmed at once all playoffs, just the last day. But let's be real we probably should evaluate our season, off-season timeline. There can be a decent amount of down time. Imagine being a new player in this climate?

That said I really don't think allowing trades is as huge of a deal as your making it. Most GMs wait on significant deals anyway and in the case of SEA/COL when was the last time someone was able to trade for pending FA and leverage that? We almost never see the pending FA trade for rights like that tbh.

It's enough of a deal to make it a bigger deal than not allowing trades during the off-season.

And yeah, we don't ever see it, because until you suddenly decided the rules had changed, WE DIDN'T TRADE DURING THE PLAYOFFS.

• Senior Admin

I have to agree with Victor. I see the point your making and its true this trade is fairly irrelevant but let's not blur the lines around what is otherwise a simple and long-standing rule: no trades from the trade deadline until the end of playoffs. I'm obviously not going to void this at this point but after 4 GM's tried to do this all of the sudden, this can serve as notice that the rule stands. I don't see any good coming from complicating things and saying teams that are out can trade or what have you, much easier imo to have everyone eligible or not eligible to trade at the same times. 

7 hours ago, Victor said:

3. The Hamilton and Kyanon rights trade was particularly bad as if it was processed, you're basically saying that Seattle can gain an advantage and speak to two FAs now while Toronto or Riga, even if they wanted to make a similar trade, would have to wait 2-3 days.

FIFY

On 2016-11-18 at 5:50 PM, Mr. Power said:

Oh pish posh. We've allowed trades featuring teams out of the playoffs during the finals for ages. :P 

Yeah I don't recall this ever happening. Mind you I didn't notice this trade until today, but that has no small part to do with the fact that playoffs ended yesterday and why would I be checking the Trade forum before that when trades clearly aren't allowed that day? And even if it did happen before, it was probably a minor trade like this one where, yes, it ultimately doesn't matter that it took place a little early. And I get that late playoffs can be a little dull for those out of it, but by that same token the off-season is a week long, I don't know why you guys have to immediate blow your load on little deals like this. We maybe could implement some contingent playoff "off-season" rules, but that's a BOG thing, not a "just do it" thing.

On 2016-11-18 at 7:07 PM, Mr. Power said:

Exactly. Also last I checked both the VHL and VHLM missed more than a single day of sims that was never caught up. We are literally "one official day" from the seasons end. Come on Blue Team, lets end this fucking season already enough of these jokes.

The VHL was caught up though (EU Game 7 and VHL Finals Game 1 were simmed the same night), and the only reason it was a day behind in the first place is because Calgary was a worse team than I anticipated and couldn't even beat Seattle in 5 :P . So stop making shit up you sucker of many dicks!

3 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Yeah I don't recall this ever happening. Mind you I didn't notice this trade until today, but that has no small part to do with the fact that playoffs ended yesterday and why would I be checking the Trade forum before that when trades clearly aren't allowed that day? And even if it did happen before, it was probably a minor trade like this one where, yes, it ultimately doesn't matter that it took place a little early. And I get that late playoffs can be a little dull for those out of it, but by that same token the off-season is a week long, I don't know why you guys have to immediate blow your load on little deals like this. We maybe could implement some contingent playoff "off-season" rules, but that's a BOG thing, not a "just do it" thing.

The VHL was caught up though (EU Game 7 and VHL Finals Game 1 were simmed the same night), and the only reason it was a day behind in the first place is because Calgary was a worse team than I anticipated and couldn't even beat Seattle in 5 :P . So stop making shit up you sucker of many dicks!

I'm not making shit up. During the All Star game, we had a few days where we had no games, then we had some days with games with no ASG. Season 51 was a gong show, we messed a lot up, recruitment sucked, parity sucked, and now I'm sure I am not the only one glad that it is over. :P 

19 hours ago, Mr. Power said:

I'm not making shit up. During the All Star game, we had a few days where we had no games, then we had some days with games with no ASG. Season 51 was a gong show, we messed a lot up, recruitment sucked, parity sucked, and now I'm sure I am not the only one glad that it is over. :P 

Oh, I thought you meant just playoffs.