(S52) [S53] C - Vaclav Hrdina

JardyB10

@President Donald Trump @TheLastOlympian07 @Streetlight @hedgehog337 @ADwyer87 @Smarch

I may as well get this party started.

@diamond_ace We've had a brief conversation about your desires, so you know our deal. In fact we are even still conversing, but about other things now. You can never have too much veteran presence, especially for the contemporary founding father of this wonderful franchise.

The Ottawa Lynx offers Hrdina $1,000,000 for his services.

And just to note, you must wait 12 hours from THIS VERY MOMENT before you can officially accept any offer laid here. :cheers:

Also, completely unrelated note, but you GMs really shit the bed at tagging the free agents last season. Tagging the Player 2s as [S52] makes no sense, because they aren't S52 players, and it was S51. I'd say either tag the players by their draft year, or tag the season we're in. Or in my case, both. Or in other cases, neither. But don't tag shit if you're just going to get it wrong! GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!

*sits in an oversized black chair twirling a ridiculous, evil looking mustache*

Yeeeeeesss. Let me hear your offers.

(Also, tell me what your team is like. Good bunch of first gens I could help out with? Tell me that. Competitive and need a piece to help out on depth? Tell me that. Feel aggrieved from losing guys you assumed were returning? Tell me that. I can't be sure what exactly my decision will come down to - I know helping out first gens is going to be a big part of it - but I can tell you it won't have anything at all to do with who can offer me the most money. In fact, I'd be more inclined to take less money.)

yeeeeees-excellent.jpg

4 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

*sits in an oversized black chair twirling a ridiculous, evil looking mustache*

Yeeeeeesss. Let me hear your offers.

(Also, tell me what your team is like. Good bunch of first gens I could help out with? Tell me that. Competitive and need a piece to help out on depth? Tell me that. Feel aggrieved from losing guys you assumed were returning? Tell me that. I can't be sure what exactly my decision will come down to - I know helping out first gens is going to be a big part of it - but I can tell you it won't have anything at all to do with who can offer me the most money. In fact, I'd be more inclined to take less money.)

I will elaborate more then. I sold for the first time since I took over in S46 last season, and virtually had no players left. This season is our first rebound season, because I don't like to stay down for too long (or at all), so we'll be competitive, though I suppose we don't have a monster roster like Oslo or Yukon or whatever. Every decent guy I have I just got in the draft, and quality depth is always something I value. And, as I mentioned in the chat, we drafted three first generation players of varying degrees of promise. Also I love you.

Just now, JardyB10 said:

I will elaborate more then. I sold for the first time since I took over in S46 last season, and virtually had no players left. This season is our first rebound season, because I don't like to stay down for too long (or at all), so we'll be competitive, though I suppose we don't have a monster roster like Oslo or Yukon or whatever. Every decent guy I have I just got in the draft, and quality depth is always something I value. And, as I mentioned in the chat, we drafted three first generation players of varying degrees of promise. Also I love you.

This is good. I doubt I'd want to join a monster roster. The more you talk about your setup the more I think I'm favoring returning to Ottawa.

Nothing is decided yet though. Other teams, I'll definitely hear you out!

Bratislava Watchmen offer 1M to Vaclav Hrdina! @diamond_ace

12 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Good bunch of first gens I could help out with? Tell me that.

I have 5 first-gens, two of them went south a long time ago (and I didn't even drafted them in the first place); and the rest three have some potential, even though seems like LatvianBastard doesn't have much time for sim leagues. 

*Competitive and need a piece to help out on depth? Tell me that.

Yup. 

Feel aggrieved from losing guys you assumed were returning? Tell me that.

Nope, I can predict who is going to VHL and who's staying down.

In fact, I'd be more inclined to take less money.)

There is a 500k contract, but 1M is pretty much def amount. 

Also, can you reach out to BluesBoy? His player is promising, just need to get him back at least. 

Edited by hedgehog337

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

Bratislava Watchmen offer 1M to Vaclav Hrdina! @diamond_ace

I have 5 first-gens, two of them went south a long time ago (and I didn't even drafted them in the first place); and the rest three have some potential, even though seems like LatvianBastard doesn't have much time for sim leagues. 

Yup. 

Nope, I can predict who is going to VHL and who's staying down.

There is a 500k contract, but 1M is pretty much def amount. 

Also, can you reach out to BluesBoy? His player is promising, just need to get him back at least. 

This all sounds good as well. Definitely a contender, especially with a few first gens with potential. I like that.

I don't know BluesBoy that well. I saw him around a few times on here and SHL, but I left there a while ago.

4 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

This is good. I doubt I'd want to join a monster roster. The more you talk about your setup the more I think I'm favoring returning to Ottawa.

Nothing is decided yet though. Other teams, I'll definitely hear you out!

Yay! But just to be fair so it doesn't sound like I'm slandering lies about Oslo and Yukon, I'm not 100% certain they are necessarily monsters this season. I just assume so because Oslo is pushing hard for the Cup, and Yukon had an admirable amount of draft picks. But them and Saskatoon are the main threats in my eyes, so yeah.

Just now, JardyB10 said:

Yay! But just to be fair so it doesn't sound like I'm slandering lies about Oslo and Yukon, I'm not 100% certain they are necessarily monsters this season. I just assume so because Oslo is pushing hard for the Cup, and Yukon had an admirable amount of draft picks. But them and Saskatoon are the main threats in my eyes, so yeah.

Jericho and I were talking about Oslo briefly. It would be tempting because it's a lot of my old friends, but ultimately I think that very fact will end up keeping them out. Too many vets who know their way around, I wouldn't really be giving them anything they don't already have.

I don't know much about Yukon though, or Sasky for that matter. I would definitely like to hear from everyone.

Saskatoon offers $1,000,000 for the services of Hrdina @diamond_ace

Want to know some about Saskatoon? We are the defending champions and looking to make another run. We have a lot of good returning members but we need some more guys to cover up all our losses and make a legit repeat attempt. We have a lot of players around the 100 TPE mark, not elite, but every member is crucial to our success and plays a big part in it. Our heart and soul is without a doubt Rhett DeGrath @STZ, the 2nd overall pick in the draft and a man who will certainly go down as one of the greatest VHLM goalies ever. This VHL draft Saskatoon has 5 first round picks, 5 second round picks, and a third round pick. We can produce VHL talent

Just now, ADwyer87 said:

Want to know some about Saskatoon? We are the defending champions and looking to make another run. We have a lot of good returning members but we need some more guys to cover up all our losses and make a legit repeat attempt. We have a lot of players around the 100 TPE mark, not elite, but every member is crucial to our success and plays a big part in it. Our heart and soul is without a doubt Rhett DeGrath @STZ, the 2nd overall pick in the draft and a man who will certainly go down as one of the greatest VHLM goalies ever. This VHL draft Saskatoon has 5 first round picks, 5 second round picks, and a third round pick. We can produce VHL talent

@STZ is definitely a good selling point, I like him, he's a good guy.

Also, another big plus: having been a former GM at both levels, I definitely appreciate the acknowledgement of every member being important toward the overall success - a few star guys are great, but you need the middle guys to do their part as well if you want to have success. You seem to know that, you care about your team, you're doing things the right way.

56 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

You can't take that away from SKylar Rift man... @Mr. Power hasn't got anything else out of his players...

Oslo offers 1 mill @diamond_ace 

So Oslo recently just drafted the Pajodcast trio aka @Mr. Power @Jericho and @Advantage. I have a few first gens that will hopefully stick around and I also drafted @Ahma who could be a wildcard. You would make a great 1st line center as we look to compete for the cup this season. short sweet and to the point. 

Fucking @JardyB10 posting this at bedtime

Welcome back i guess @diamond_ace. Our pitch in Brampton is we have no one in our locker-room, but being an older member you know what one or two active presences can do for our new guys if they wish to continue to be active. I don't kow your feelings about the VHLM but hopefully we can get you close to the 20 TPE for the AT, while having you and myself in the locker-room when new members enter the league to help them out and answer there questions. 

Let's make Brampton LR great again!

1 Million, 1 Year!

8 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

Oslo offers 1 mill @diamond_ace 

So Oslo recently just drafted the Pajodcast trio aka @Mr. Power @Jericho and @Advantage. I have a few first gens that will hopefully stick around and I also drafted @Ahma who could be a wildcard. You would make a great 1st line center as we look to compete for the cup this season. short sweet and to the point. 

V6GnsOk.gif?noredirect

4 hours ago, Smarch said:

Fucking @JardyB10 posting this at bedtime

Welcome back i guess @diamond_ace. Our pitch in Brampton is we have no one in our locker-room, but being an older member you know what one or two active presences can do for our new guys if they wish to continue to be active. I don't kow your feelings about the VHLM but hopefully we can get you close to the 20 TPE for the AT, while having you and myself in the locker-room when new members enter the league to help them out and answer there questions. 

Let's make Brampton LR great again!

1 Million, 1 Year!

I've always been a fan of the M. I think I might be the only person who ever left VHL Mag to write for VHLM Mag when it was a thing. Do you guys have new guys? If you don't have any vets but you have some new guys, you might need me more than some teams.

Just now, diamond_ace said:

I've always been a fan of the M. I think I might be the only person who ever left VHL Mag to write for VHLM Mag when it was a thing. Do you guys have new guys? If you don't have any vets but you have some new guys, you might need me more than some teams.

We have one new guy right now and three guys from the previous draft that are inactive, so the majority of our team up to trade deadline will be new players from waivers. 

I mean i can also trade you at the deadline if no new guys come and register and we sit in the locker-room alone

There's something to be said for the concept of returning where it all began. Technically I did spend a season in Minot as a player, but even that was under Jardy. Then I went to Ottawa and ran show there for 6 of the most enjoyable seasons of my time on the site. It might be the spark I need.

I sign in Ottawa

3 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

There's something to be said for the concept of returning where it all began. Technically I did spend a season in Minot as a player, but even that was under Jardy. Then I went to Ottawa and ran show there for 6 of the most enjoyable seasons of my time on the site. It might be the spark I need.

I sign in Ottawa

Minot Untitled-4.png

• Smarch locked this topic