Examining the Hall of Fame

Molholt

Since we still don't know who the S51 Hall of Fame inductees are @Draper here is a look at how the Hall of Fame has stacked up through S50. 

The first inductees to the Hall of Fame were in S5. @Quik @nibbz (like they'll see that)

The Hall of Fame allows two players and one builder to go in each season, but in its 45 season existence there have been four instances of only one player being deemed worthy in a given season. That first happened in S23 and then didn't happen again until over 20 seasons later. In the last 5 seasons it has happened an astounding three times, S45, S46 and S49. S45 and S46 are obviously the only time it has happened in back to back seasons. The lone player in S23 was @rawenergy (come back). @sterling and @brovy went in alone during S45 and S46 and finally, @boom entered by himself in S49. It seems the Hall of Fame voters have gotten stingier or the players haven't been stacking up as well against the greats.

As of now there are 88 Hall of Fame players inducted.

This is how each team stacks up in Hall of Famers who played for their franchise:

:nya:: 30

:dav:: 28

:sto:: 26

:hel:: 25

:tor:: 25

:cal:: 24

:sea:: 24

:rig:: 15

:que:: 6

:col:: 4

It is no surprise that Cologne and Quebec are near the bottom of the list, given their relative newness to the league. However, Riga's lack of Hall of Fame players surprised me, given their longevity in the league as one of the original 8 teams (I bundled together teams that had relocated/renamed).

Stockholm has the third most, somewhat surprising given their struggle to win Cups, but they've had a lot of star power over the years. 

New York has a 2 player lead, with a lot of them coming in the second half of the league's existence. Calgary dominated the first half of the league's existence, but hasn't had the same success on the back half. Davos has been fairly consistent throughout, bringing in quite a few Hall of Famers in every era, they have the second most.

I want to do some more deep dives into the Hall of Fame soon, but this was some fun research for me into looking at how teams had fared in bringing Hall of Famers to their team. I counted anyone who had played for a team, regardless of how short their stint was.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Wait, so @Molholt. Gerrard is in the Hall of Fame. During his career he played for three teams (Seattle, Toronto, Vasteras). This means that on that list, it would count one to each of those teams, yes?

Correct. Even if he had played one game for Riga, I would've added it. 

I'd like to go back through and look at it in terms of where players spent the bulk of their career. Like Braxton would be NY only instead of NY and Davos.

• Senior Admin
6 hours ago, Molholt said:

Since we still don't know who the S51 Hall of Fame inductees are @Draper here is a look at how the Hall of Fame has stacked up through S50. 

You see, the rule is this: If Victor randomly shows up and decides to do the HOF work (which he did this season), it's all his! 

Although last time I played by that rule I don't think we got a ceremony until almost the deadline so perhaps I should re-evaluate that. 

11 minutes ago, Draper said:

You see, the rule is this: If Victor randomly shows up and decides to do the HOF work (which he did this season), it's all his! 

Although last time I played by that rule I don't think we got a ceremony until almost the deadline so perhaps I should re-evaluate that. 

Give me the info and I'll do it, shit. How many people are in the BoG and they can't do it? Have some initiative!

2 hours ago, Draper said:

Yeah I posted it last year. 

For those unfamiliar the structure when it comes to things that are pseudo Admin duties that sometimes some of the BoG do is as follows: 

Did Draper, Jardy or Higgins do it yet? No? Okay Victor will probably do it, he's a former Admin and still admin lite. Did he not do it? Okay then one of Kendrick, Sterling, Phil, Devise or Advantage will do it since they are basically all BoG versions of admins. :P 

Sadly though sometimes there is a lack of communication such as last season, so eventually someone just gets fed up waiting such as I did and we post it. But we do have like a giant web of support systems in place so that someone gets this stuff done more on time. 

Also @Molholt great little article. I can't say I'm surprised it's NY as one of the things we talked about throughout the years on casts was the moment @Streetlight had that 11 season run with no Cups and then I took over, and then Chris and Yeah etc, there has always been this shared philosophy kind of an unspoken one that getting HoF players usually leads to some sort of success. Even if it's only a single Cup win. 

• Senior Admin
53 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Yeah I posted it last year. 

For those unfamiliar the structure when it comes to things that are pseudo Admin duties that sometimes some of the BoG do is as follows: 

Did Draper, Jardy or Higgins do it yet? No? Okay Victor will probably do it, he's a former Admin and still admin lite. Did he not do it? Okay then one of Kendrick, Sterling, Phil, Devise or Advantage will do it since they are basically all BoG versions of admins. :P 

Sadly though sometimes there is a lack of communication such as last season, so eventually someone just gets fed up waiting such as I did and we post it. But we do have like a giant web of support systems in place so that someone gets this stuff done more on time. 

That was two seasons ago! Actually the only time I've ever done HOF was last season and it was very much on time! Too bad S51 took a nose dive after that.