Crash McClannahan

Higgins

Just now, ADwyer87 said:

Bitch don't take my super valuable 4th line RW

He's gonna be sending him down to the VHLM, but also I'm not going to recognize this signing.

For anyone curious, what Higgins is doing here is this: offering the max so no team can match him; and then he's going to send them down. I'm not going to waste my time putting it into finances. If it matters down the road, you can contest it then and I'll argue against you, but you'll probably win the case then. Until then, I'm just going to ignore these signings.

5 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

He's gonna be sending him down to the VHLM, but also I'm not going to recognize this signing.

For anyone curious, what Higgins is doing here is this: offering the max so no team can match him; and then he's going to send them down. I'm not going to waste my time putting it into finances. If it matters down the road, you can contest it then and I'll argue against you, but you'll probably win the case then. Until then, I'm just going to ignore these signings.

I DEMAND YOU PUT THIS INTO FINANCES!

33 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

You can do that? Why!

23 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Taylor Swift would have put it into finances...

O shit shots fired

I'm assuming they still fall under the $3,000,000 if they're in their rookie contracts. And also would still count as RFAs, and not against the cap, which I assume is why Streetlight doesn't even want to list them since they're only on 1-year contracts.

Just now, JardyB10 said:

I'm assuming they still fall under the $3,000,000 if they're in their rookie contracts. And also would still count as RFAs, and not against the cap, which I assume is why Streetlight doesn't even want to list them since they're only on 1-year contracts.

They aren't RFAs because they weren't offered contracts by the teams that drafted them. They could make $4,000,000 if they were in the VHL, but yeah, $3,000,000 is the most they can make in the VHLM.

My issue is that Higgins first opted to try to just sign them all in the Helsinki contracts thread. I guess I also find there to be a bit of a flaw in that he can just offer them the max and no other team could contend with it. Not that I think any other team would've. Just kind of fed up with his antics going back to last season and in the thread discussing the Helsinki punishment.

1 minute ago, Streetlight said:

They aren't RFAs because they weren't offered contracts by the teams that drafted them. They could make $4,000,000 if they were in the VHL, but yeah, $3,000,000 is the most they can make in the VHLM.

My issue is that Higgins first opted to try to just sign them all in the Helsinki contracts thread. I guess I also find there to be a bit of a flaw in that he can just offer them the max and no other team could contend with it. Not that I think any other team would've. Just kind of fed up with his antics going back to last season and in the thread discussing the Helsinki punishment.

Hey you can't fault me for signing players that would have cost me a 2nd or 3rd a week ago, I'll message them and see if I can spark anything, low risk, high reward.

• Senior Admin
2 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

Essentially you're on a witch hunt against him.

You can't just choose to 'not recognize' signings that do not violate the rulebook whatsoever. 

Just now, Draper said:

Essentially you're on a witch hunt against him.

You can't just choose to 'not recognize' signings that do not violate the rulebook whatsoever. 

And you can't just choose to ignore the rulebook because "24 hours is close enough"

• Senior Admin
2 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

And you can't just choose to ignore the rulebook because "24 hours is close enough"

Yes because the league would just be up in arms if the 30 TPE Sean Connery went off the market 8 hours early. It's almost 4PM EST, average simming time it would probably be down to a couple of hours at most. 

Just now, Draper said:

Yes because the league would just be up in arms if the 30 TPE Sean Connery went off the market 8 hours early. It's 3PM EST, average simming time it would probably be down to a couple of hours at most. 

It's not a matter of Sean Connery, it's a matter of Shayne Gow.

• Will locked this topic