Breaking Bad is Over

Mike

Those are the most random shows ever. Maybe they  just barely crack the top 100?

Game of Thrones is HBO's most successful show since Sopranos. It has won 34 Emmys and been nominated for 61 over the course of just 3 seasons. It's been critically and commercially acclaimed and has been revolutionizing the TV industry. 

Game of Thrones is HBO's most successful show since Sopranos. It has won 34 Emmys and been nominated for 61 over the course of just 3 seasons. It's been critically and commercially acclaimed and has been revolutionizing the TV industry.

GAME OF THRONES SUCKS MAN!!

LMFAO pretty sure it ain't revolutionizing anything. That is one of the worst television shows on the TV tbh. Everyone has their own opinions, so please let me enjoy mine.

LMFAO pretty sure it ain't revolutionizing anything. That is one of the worst television shows on the TV tbh. Everyone has their own opinions, so please let me enjoy mine.

I am expressing opinion. Just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't mean that expressing it isn't letting you enjoy yours, or else you're doing the exact thing.

And I stated nothing about how much you enjoyed it. I was stating that calling it one of the best TV shows isn't "out of nowhere" as it has gotten tons of critical reception, and is regularly discussed as one of the greatest shows.

As for revolutionizing, actually it has revolutionized the mainstream media view of fantasy. It is the first time that a fantasy TV show has been financially and commercially viable. Story wise, it has also revitalized the fantasy genre, which had been growing stale for several decades. On top of that, it has arguably some of the best visual effects that TV has ever seen.

I am expressing opinion. Just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't mean that expressing it isn't letting you enjoy yours, or else you're doing the exact thing.

And I stated nothing about how much you enjoyed it. I was stating that calling it one of the best TV shows isn't "out of nowhere" as it has gotten tons of critical reception, and is regularly discussed as one of the greatest shows.

As for revolutionizing, actually it has revolutionized the mainstream media view of fantasy. It is the first time that a fantasy TV show has been financially and commercially viable. Story wise, it has also revitalized the fantasy genre, which had been growing stale for several decades. On top of that, it has arguably some of the best visual effects that TV has ever seen.

BLACK WATER BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantasy TV should have died years ago. It's rather bland and the fact it's not real events that could happen in real life is what makes it suck imo. Stuff that can happen to people or is based off something is 10x better and always will be.

Fantasy TV should have died years ago. It's rather bland and the fact it's not real events that could happen in real life is what makes it suck imo. Stuff that can happen to people or is based off something is 10x better and always will be.

See, that's an opinion. What Noah said though is fact because you can't argue against it. You say "Game of Thrones is bad" or "Fantasy sucks". He says "It's revolutionaizing because it's the first instance of a profitable series". You can't argue against that statement, because it isn't leaving anything open for debate.

Also, he's right it totally rules.

Note that that is the reason why Thrones is revitalizing fantasy. Because it is based strongly in realism. Yes there are aspects of magic, but any TV requires suspension of disbelief. Are you going to discount Sci-Fi for the fact that it's not realism as well?

And more specifically, Thrones is very much based in actual events. Most of the show is based on the Wars of the Roses, a dynastic war that took place in England. What I find so interesting about Thrones is the way that it takes real events and puts a new spin on them, or amalgamates real events and cultures to create something interesting.

Most importantly, I don't think that art is about telling things that happen. To me, the great thing about watching movies or reading books or watching TV is that they show the human experience. That is the reason why I love Thrones so much, because the characters are so human. It's also what made Breaking Bad so great. All of the characters are grey, there's no pure good or evil, and people respond to situations they are faced with in very human ways. It's about understanding what it means to be human.

Yeah, I can totally see a zombie apocalypse happening. :facepalm:

And as Noah said, most of Game of Thrones IS inspired by real events.  It's probably the most accurate portrayal of how the MIddle Ages actually were.  The magical fantasy aspect takes such a backseat that you hardly notice it.  The only time it actually comes up is to shit your pants.

The only reason one can dislike Game of Thrones is if they haven't actually seen it.  Watch the first 2-5 episodes and tell me it sucks, and I'll believe you're not just talking out of your ass.