#Beke4BOG Trending

Beketov

• Commissioner

10 seasons ago the VHL saw it's last hashtag craze, #Beke4Builder, come to fruition as Alexander Beketov was brought into the Hall of Fame as a builder; it appears as a tenth anniversary of that the leader of the campaign, Beketov himself, has decided to once again get his has tag game on.

The hashtag #Beke4BOG has been trending recently around the VHL, rallying support to get Beketov a spot in the Board of Governors that many think is long overdue. The BoG, of course, has been around for many seasons and helps the blue team in the VHL to make decisions regarding the league's future. Many people have expressed since the campaign started that they were unaware Beketov was not a member, assuming that his 52 seasons in the VHL would be enough to earn him a spot. That is not the case, however, as he has once again been left on the sidelines in a similar fashion to the builder category in the Hall of Fame. The #Beke4BOG campaign hopes to rectify that and get Beketov a seat on the committee.

When asked for details a spokesperson for the campaign had this to say,

"We don't feel the need to point anyone out specifically but there have been many people added to the board of governors over the years who have neither paid their dues or respected the seat that they hold. Often times Beketov's playing career (let alone his career in the VHL as an agent) has been longer than some people have waited before getting their board seat. meanwhile Mr. Beketov has been patiently waiting for an invite for 52 seasons and has not heard a peep. It's time for patience to be put aside. Mr. Beketov wishes to contribute to the league that has been a home to him for many years and feels like he his being pushed aside in favour of younger people who may not have the same interest."

Several prominent VHL members have rallied around the cause, including members of the BOG itself, but were unavailable to comment. Members of the league can, of course, use #Beke4BOG in as many public settings as possible if they wish to show their support for the cause and the campaign invites you to do so. VHL.com will update the public when more campaign news comes forth.

*For Holik

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Smarch said:

Natural consequences from S1 

But see, I've tasted the injustice the VHL can dish out, I've been on the other side. Does that not make me a perfect candidate?

6 minutes ago, Beketov said:

But see, I've tasted the injustice the VHL can dish out, I've been on the other side. Does that not make me a perfect candidate?

No, we must hold a grudge like the baseball hall of fame on cheaters

• Commissioner
Just now, Smarch said:

No, we must hold a grudge like the baseball hall of fame on cheaters

*points at HOF builder category* :P

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Molholt said:

#Desperation

#HavingFun

gives me something to do between CoDCasts and checking games haha

• Commissioner
Just now, Molholt said:

Could always do those user titles you were going to do in the SBA :ph34r:

That would involve going back there. Besides, as I recall I did some and they were never implemented. Maybe I'm wrong but I definitely recall doing them.

To be fair, @Jericho just got added back in without some formal addition process. I honestly feel like you could just tag and or PM @Will or @Higgins and get them to just instantly include you. I think it's more a case over the years of some of us not knowing you had interest, because if we knew you did it would of been an instant add from I'm pretty sure everyones viewpoint in the BoG sans Eaglesfan who you can't trust on any subject anyway. :P 

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, The Bread Man said:

I say we make a big announcement about how we are going to add a BOG member, then add @Scooter just to piss you off

#Triggered

1 minute ago, Mr. Power said:

To be fair, @Jericho just got added back in without some formal addition process. I honestly feel like you could just tag and or PM @Will or @Higgins and get them to just instantly include you. I think it's more a case over the years of some of us not knowing you had interest, because if we knew you did it would of been an instant add from I'm pretty sure everyones viewpoint in the BoG sans Eaglesfan who you can't trust on any subject anyway. :P 

Well yeah, I COULD just ask for it in a normal way but where's the fun in that?