Claimed: The mid-season mock draft.

8bit-hockey.jpeg

*Frank isn't going to be pleased with this*

I already did an early mock draft for two rounds, but now it's going to be a shorter version. As always, the draft pick order are based on current standings.

1. Toronto Legion (via Seattle) - Felix Savard, 149 TPE @Frank

2. Cologne Express - Rudy Ying, 87 TPE @punkhippie

3. Calgary Wranglers - Xavier Laflamme, 80 TPE @Laflamme

4. Davos Dynamo - Jake Scheel, 83 TPE @MD9

5. Toronto Legion - Peter Quill, 78 TPE @Green

6. Riga Reign - Nicodemus Raven, 81 TPE @Fowll

7. Helsinki Titans - Dexter Lane - 80 TPE @Advantage

8. Calgary Wranglers (via New York) - Les Clarke, 72 TPE @AwfulHomesick

9. Seattle Bears (via Quebec) - Corey Klopfenstein, 74 TPE @crutchfield

10. Seattle Bears (via Stockholm) - Key Perought, 89 TPE @NUCK

11. Toronto Legion (via Seattle) - Niko Bogdanavic, 76 TPE @Jonessee27

12. Cologne Express - Daring Do, 52 TPE @Eggy216

13. Calgary Wranglers - Eddie King, 58 TPE @Mr Bohannan

14. Davos Dynamo - Hodor, 50 TPE @Hodor

15. Toronto Legion - Michael Kinkaid, 57 TPE @Symmetrik

NOTES:

*No matter how it saddens Frank, but his Savard is being savage to others. Right now I don't see how he's not a first pick;

*With this updating pace that he has now, Lane is going to fall hard. Advantage has two(?) HoF players already, but he's not being consistent with updaing his players lately and that could hurt Lane's draft stock;

*Jake Scheel is still going hard. A potetial TOP 3 pick right now, which is awesome for a first-gen;

*In my previous mock drafts I mentioned that I could pick a goalie. But with uncertainty with the future of Riga and Jackson Weekes declaring for the S56 draft I might take a sleeper pick in Raven. He actually reminds of myself - having some troubles with English at the start, but being a deadly sleeper in the future. And he's from Latvia, that's another reason for being fairly high in this edition;

*As about Key Perought - I think @Banackock might pick him; based on the trade rumors;

*The most surprising thing is Crutch still being active. Probably he wants to outwork his SHL peers at least;

*Another interesting story is Niko Bogdanavic. He had a slow start, but right now he easily could break into TOP 10 and I'm not going to be surprised if that happens;

*We have some potential steals as well - Daring Do, Michael Kinkaid and Hodor;

*Why not Eddie King? Well, his first practice is the only one and that's weird a little bit. It's not like Bohannan a.k.a. OBESE isn't logging in, seems like he just is lazy, or he can't do things in three(?) sim leagues at the same time. Probably the later explanation is more correct;

*Another player who dissapoints me so far, is Darryl Took ( @suggestiveavocado ). Shortly after the first practise, he went out. Rigth now I'm ranking him as a #16 pick, let's hope he will come back;

* Will McKenzie ( @BOFish ) make his third appearance to claim another 1 TPE? Stay tuned.

I'm sure this draft won't be the best VHL has ever seen, but it definitely promises to be very tight. Other than Savard, other draftees are going toe-to-toe, especially from #2 to #11. If the current steals will make a push, it could be even more unpredictable.

That's it and I'm out.

6 TPE goes to Krīgars.

Edited by hedgehog337

1 hour ago, punkhippie said:

@Banackock picking @NUCK to back up @BobertZ?!

3 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

*As about Key Perought - I think @Banackock might pick him; based on the trade rumors;

:ph34r:

Also, @Will and @Higgins no mock drafts for bonus TPE or something? Or S55 draftees naming their preferable destination for bonus, that could be interesting as well. 

Edited by hedgehog337

@MD9 = Allegiant? 

13 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

Also, @Will and @Higgins no mock drafts for bonus TPE or something? Or S55 draftees naming their preferable destination for bonus, that could be interesting as well. 

I'm still waiting for the answer on this. 

• Senior Admin
18 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

Nothing has been announced right now, so no. It'd be a little early for bonus mock drafts anyway before the draft lottery and order is more clear. 

Maybe something a bit closer to the end of the reg season.