VHL is soft

jRuutu

Not so long ago Punkhippie posted comments that only a psychopath would post, end result is that he is banned for 20 hours, so I guess he could be back in VHL in about few hours from now since he got banned roughly 17 hours ago? But that is not the point, the point is that the stuff Punkhippie said is not anywhere near in being Ok. There is ´trolling´ and fighting with someone in the internet and then there is what Punkhippie did, you just don´t post or say something like that to anyone, anywhere , ever. Simple as that, but instead of throwing the book at punkhippie right away, he got 20 hours.

Now, I got the reason for 20 hours from Jardy in the discord chat and I get it in a way, but then again I don´t, I´m not sure who is behind the bans and who decides the length of the bans, but 20 hours is not enough. What is even more worrying to me is some of the comments from other members in VHL. Instead of being vocal about it and pushing the league heads to put in a tougher penalty, the comments where roughly like this: It´s the internet, just trolling, worse things happen in the world etc - basically trying to ignore it or making punkhippies actions sound less than they actually are

A real eye opener for me personally, I got to see what kind of values and/or mindsets some users have here in the VHL + the cold fact that punishment of 20 hours is nothing. If I have in the past mentioned the idea of just stopping creating players here in the future, this whole case is not helping in keeping me here. I know that does not matter too much to huge majority in here, but since the league apparently needs all the active players they can have by allowing punkhippie to come back, I thought I mention it again.

To end this little blog entry, I would like to say hello to boubabi,  VHL is softer than SHL and it´s not even close, this whole case shows it.

I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that people were somehow OK with that? Not agreeing with the length of the ban is one thing (if he hadn't already stepped down, I would have argued for a revocation of his GM position at the very least), but I'm pretty sure everyone's in agreement that was some bullshit.

3 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that people were somehow OK with that? Not agreeing with the length of the ban is one thing (if he hadn't already stepped down, I would have argued for a revocation of his GM position at the very least), but I'm pretty sure everyone's in agreement that was some bullshit.

20 hours and the fact that he is allowed to come back to this league shows everything.  Still not nearly enough people know why or what Punkhippied did to earn the ban, that is the problem, if more people knew, perhaps the end result will be something else than 20 hours.

And to answer your question, no - not everybody is in agreement that it was bullshit, ask from boubabi for example or go watch the comments on VHL discord chat.

Edited by jRuutu

32 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

I'm confused how a shorter ban means the VHL is soft. Wouldn't a longer ban mean it's soft?

Or do you mean soft on punishment?

Sorry failed to spot your message earlier.........

Soft as a punishment and in result soft as a league. Sends a clear message that someone with mindset of Punkhippie is actually needed in this league and allowed the opportunity to come back in 20 hours.

Edited by jRuutu

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

Sorry failed to spot your message earlier.........

Soft as a punishment and in result soft as a league. Sends a clear message that someone with mindset of Punkhippie is actually needed in this league and allowed the opportunity to come in 20 hours.

He said some dumb shit. Everyone knows and will remember. He got a 24 hour "time out" so to speak and will get a much longer ban if his behavior repeats. 

Just now, Fire Hakstol said:

He said some dumb shit. Everyone knows and will remember. He got a 24 hour "time out" so to speak and will get a much longer ban if his behavior repeats. 

Some dumb shit and the thing he said is totally different things.  Not sure if you know what he said or did, but those comments of his are deleted already.

4 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Some dumb shit and the thing he said is totally different things.  Not sure if you know what he said or did, but those comments of his are deleted already.

I do know exactly what he said and what he posted. Don't believe someone should be permabanned over one infraction though, short of that infraction being way way way over the line like supporting Nazis  or something.

Also depends on his attitude coming back.

Just now, Fire Hakstol said:

I do know exactly what he said and what he posted. Don't believe someone should be permabanned over once infraction though, short of that infraction being way way way over the line like supporting Nazis  or something.

That wasn't the first infraction Jim. As stated elsewhere you really gotta brush up on your VHL history.

1 minute ago, Fire Hakstol said:

I do know exactly what he said and what he posted. Don't believe someone should be permabanned over one infraction though, short of that infraction being way way way over the line like supporting Nazis  or something.

First infraction sure, but there has to be some kind of ´levels´ to those infractions, punkhippie went straight to the top level and should be automatically removed from the league and made example of