Where do we go with the VHLM [1/2]

Spade18

5 hours ago, Devise said:

This. Instead of making it first gen vs returning user, why not make it as simple as, if you use carryover, you go to the VHL immediately. We have a waiver claim system then in the VHL, and we have no worries about rewarding recreates with more carryover at that point, maybe up to 150-200? Because at that point we have no issues with them interfering with first gens trying to make an impact in the VHLM. 

Isn't carryover potentially 1-75 TPE? Is it really that big of a difference for it to cause someone to jump into the VHL with 75 TPE as opposed to starting in the VHLM with 30 or whatever.. This will just make sure I don't use carryover as it would make zero sense.

2 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

DAMMIT BANANA, when did I say themed point tasks were a bad idea? Or that you're dumb? AND WHAT PART OF "This is the only thread I've had a chance to read through," DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND! I literally don't even know what you're talking about :lol: ! Yes, themed point tasks sound fun, and apparently they exist in the SHL. It's a good idea.

I suppose I should rephrase: There's nothing wrong with adopting other good, non-QoL changes as well. I'm just saying in general, if we want to eventually thrive we will want to come up with ideas that make us UNIQUE, otherwise we risk becoming a second-rate version of other leagues, which is especially criminal since literally every new league that pops up should be a second-rate version of us!

I know you don't disagree with that, and I don't disagree with you either, so I didn't mean to offend you!

It was sarcastic remarks to the one and only, Da Trifuckoff who stated themed point tasks and myself were dumb :P I like taking digs at random people through confusing methods. Nothing about you hahah :)) 

33 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Isn't carryover potentially 1-75 TPE? Is it really that big of a difference for it to cause someone to jump into the VHL with 75 TPE as opposed to starting in the VHLM with 30 or whatever.. This will just make sure I don't use carryover as it would make zero sense.

Did you read the post?

34 minutes ago, Banackock said:

We have a waiver claim system then in the VHL, and we have no worries about rewarding recreates with more carryover at that point, maybe up to 150-200?

21 hours ago, Banackock said:

It was sarcastic remarks to the one and only, Da Trifuckoff who stated themed point tasks and myself were dumb :P I like taking digs at random people through confusing methods. Nothing about you hahah :)) 

I'll still fight you.

Review

Great idea with the MS Spade, I think increasing the cap from 10 to 12 should be great for the VHLM and it would be a nice boost for those going to the VHL after their VHLM Career is done. I think that is a great idea. I am not sure about the random lottery would work and I am not sure the GM task would be a good idea because it might be too easy for some GM's to maybe take advantage of it by making it to easy. However, I think there should be some talks about increasing the cap because that is a good idea.

Idea: Keep the M as it is, but concurrently, run a 2-team series, a "prospect showcase" of sorts, that is only open to first gens in their first season. I would go for maybe 15-20 games, maybe 2-3 a week, and these teams can go into deeper rosters if necessary and have no cap or anything (but players who are eligible are auto-assigned on an alternating basis). No player would be eligible for this more than once. Only first gens, only their initial season in the league, even if it's only for part of the season (so yes, the rosters would have to be added to throughout the season). Maybe it could be rewarded, such as winning team of the series gets 8 tpe and losing team gets 6 or something like that, or maybe it wouldn't. Either way, it's a new thing for first gens to do only against other first gens without feeling intimidated. The players eligible for this would at the same time be in the M.

Idea: Keep the M as it is, but concurrently, run a 2-team series, a "prospect showcase" of sorts, that is only open to first gens in their first season. I would go for maybe 15-20 games, maybe 2-3 a week, and these teams can go into deeper rosters if necessary and have no cap or anything (but players who are eligible are auto-assigned on an alternating basis). No player would be eligible for this more than once. Only first gens, only their initial season in the league, even if it's only for part of the season (so yes, the rosters would have to be added to throughout the season). Maybe it could be rewarded, such as winning team of the series gets 8 tpe and losing team gets 6 or something like that, or maybe it wouldn't. Either way, it's a new thing for first gens to do only against other first gens without feeling intimidated. The players eligible for this would at the same time be in the M.

• 1 month later...

REVIEW

Oh well, good ol' VHLM with all these problems. Well, good to see new members who doesn't want to cut the minors off, like some others want.

On 2017.09.27. at 12:26 AM, Spade18 said:

When you are trying to get your footing in the league, having your player get dominated by long time members sucks.

@KGR's suggestion about 150 TPE carryover could help that as it allows the older members to pass the minors.

On 2017.09.27. at 12:26 AM, Spade18 said:

GM tasks - As I mentioned in my post on the "Let us talk" piece here (again), I believe that we should give a small modicum of power to GMs and allow them to set tasks which could be worth 1-2 TPE per week.  This will build better bonds as teammates and keep people more active in the community, while also helping to develop their player.

The team task at the end of the season might be even better. The VHL had kind of these tasks in S40(?) so it could be interesting to see them in the VHLM. Unless you meant exactly what I just wrote here...

Edited by hedgehog337