The KGR Mock Draft [1/2]

Da Trifecta

This is the first time in probably a long time that I have posted a mock draft. I am not even certain that I have even posted on while on this forum. For now I just want to state that some of these picks will either surprise you or they won't. Some players have risen higher than they should have and some dropped. All of these teams have some holes to fill in which they will be looking to address on draft night. Some of these young men will graduate from the VHLM to the VHL and some won't. I will only be diving into the first round as the second round could be very unpredictable. We have seen a slew of trades happen but I don't think it will be the end before the draft starts. Some players seem to either want to retire or will retire or have retired already. Thomas Sankara was the first victim of retirement and it seems it was for the better. His agent Tyler has connected with a young goaltender who will be in charge of saving this franchise. Norris Kensington won't be drafted so high due to the fact his retirement is impending. We know that GM Bushito wants to represent a new player and it seems like that will be made true when Kensington retires next season at the trade deadline. There have also been rumors of Shawn Brodeur retiring but I just can't see that actually happening. TheLastOlympian07 seems set on seeing how it is to have a goaltender and he will do so. I think he will find a home that will make him quite content. Let's not forget about everyone's favorite potential retiree, Launchpad McQuack. His agent is KGR who has been known to convince the player he represents to retire early. Will we see him retire here as well or will he actually be able to last? All of these questions will be answered and I would just like to congratulate these fine young men as they embark on a new journey.

1st Overall ewqJmFW.png - This pick will surprise some of you but to me, it is something that sets in just right. This is nothing personal to Kendrick or anything but I just don't think he wants to land in Cologne. This pick will be Casey Jones whose agent is Der Meister which is just as good of an agent. To me I see this because outside of Kendrick maybe not wanting to land here, but the fact that ADV also traded for Der's last player, Essian Ravenwing. So the connection just seems right to me here in this spot. Der Meister is just as loyal as the next person but I see ADV taking advantage, (no pun intended), of trying to build this team with a stellar defensive core first.

2nd Overall Jr63OSj.png - Here we go. Chase Keller and his agent, Kendrick, will set out for the Big Apple the day after the draft concludes. The New York Americans get the highest TPE player in the draft and he will be the teams top center. Pairing Chase with goaltender Ike Arkander brings back memories of season 53 Helsinki when they selected Franchise Cornerstone and Astrid Moon. Well Ike is appointed to the franchise due to some fluky rule, but this seems very reminiscent of it. With the team having a star center and goaltender, this team seems to be starting off in the same direction Helsinki did a few years back. It's going to be interesting to see how the rest of the roster gets filled out, but I have faith in STZ as a GM.

3rd Overall HPp8LLs.png - The pick here is Keaton Louth. Bushito is buying into the first generational sensation that is Keaton. With agent Beaviss being extremely active, Bushito rolls the dice on him and makes him the franchise defender. We all know that defenders come at a premium in this league. Elite defenders seem to not really be in stock as many others would think and I can't see Bushito miss out on the opportunity to grab one. This kid has the potential to be a star in this league and I have witnessed what Bushito can do at GM with any given talent. Let's just hope this GM run doesn't see him scurry off and let someone else claim the cup that he should have taken credit for.

4th Overall qA3LVOO.png - Shawn Brodeur will be Seattle's pick. While they still do boast Key Perought on their team, Brodeur is younger and has just about as much TPE as Perought does. I just can't see Banacock passing up on his chance to nab another franchise goaltender here. I am not certain what comes of Perought, but he may either stick around and play back up or he will be traded out to another franchise. Brodeur will be around for quite some time and he will breath some life back into this franchise. This move also means that we will see Mist4ke be traded out as well because I just can't fathom Brodeur sitting out for his rookie campaign. I know, I know, big what ifs right? Well to me this makes the most sense right now and long term.

5th Overall 931vu03.png - Finally we get Boner to be picked. Davos will have a lot of needs but with his high TPE count, I just can't see him fall any further. Despite the difference in TPE between previously picked Keaton Louth and Boner is really huge, (no pun intended either), he fell here. Franchise defender lands on a team that has tons of holes that need to be filled in. Agent Corco brings in loyalty and hard work. His other player is Rudolph Schmeckeldorf is a budding star on the Helsinki Titans and his work ethic has already shown there. Boner will lead a nice young core that will come into place in Davos for the next couple of seasons.

6th Overall Toronto Legion (Since there is no pic) - The pick here will be Jeff Gow. Boeser and Verner Reinholdt get a great line mate in Gow who will be a nice trio for the coming future. The Toronto Legion have a bright future and they are just adding in a great piece that will help this team in the future. This team will have to face off against other up and coming teams in the future such as the New York Americans. While the Quebec City Meute are sitting at the top, the Seattle Bears are already breathing down their neck and the Calgary Wranglers are making moves. Gow will come in and add some more needed depth at forwards that is desperately needed.

7th Overall 931vu03.png - Another person to fall will be Mats Johnsson. He lands in the perfect spot in Davos to pair with Boner. This will be one hell of a formidable duo for years to come. These two will make life a hell of a lot easier for Burger King when he lands in net for this team. Of course there is still Norris Kensington in this draft but I don't think he will last long as his agent has hinted at his retirement and Tyler has a goaltender coming in next season. So with these two picks, Tyler grabs two of the best defenders in this draft and walks away happy. Look for Tyler to bring his goaltender up next year and turn this franchise around almost immediately.

8th Overall Jr63OSj.png - Phil Bennington heads to the Big Apple himself. Despite him having less TPE than Ko Kane, I can't see why STZ would pass on adding Phil to his roster. Phil is about as loyal as they come as well but he also has been falling behind with the development of Phil Shankly. Will we see him redeem himself here with Bennington or will he slowly start to fade away yet again? All I know is that STZ will be willing to roll the dice on Phil and hopefully convince him to stick around. The future looks very bright for this franchise with these two picks.

9th Overall ewqJmFW.png - Here is yet another shocker with this mock draft. Launchpad McQuack becomes the new top line center for the Cologne Express. Despite Ko Kane having more TPE, I just can't see ADV chancing things by taking Robbie. ADV knows the risk that McQuack could potentially retire on him early but he buys into agent KGR's activity and he rolls the dice on him here. Launchpad is the biggest question mark in the first round and if he lives up to his potential, he could be a nice addition to this team for the future. The question will be will he stick around, or will he just retire like his agents previous players have done not so coincidentally.

10th Overall 931vu03.png - Ko Kane will be the pick here. Why not roll the dice on him here. The value might be too high to pass up at 10th overall. Despite Robbie's persona, I don't think that he will be a bad pick here. Davos has already loaded up on defenders but this pick could be a trade as well. There may be someone else who gets selected here but maybe Davos moves down and gets a pair of picks from let's say Stockholm. Of course this is just me thinking and it could be a win win as both teams could benefit from this potential trade. It may not even happen but I just love some what if scenarios.

Edited by KGR

3 minutes ago, Gudnason said:

Gudnason was first retiree lol

Never heard of.

2 minutes ago, Gudnason said:

And LMAO if Keller ends up in NY, where Komarov will outshine him

Can't see it happening. Plus I haven't been here in 4 days so I don't know shit.

Edited by KGR

3 minutes ago, Gudnason said:

Think Quik went inactive but Mats Johnsson was supposed to go position change to a forward right when he had the cash. And he said he is only signing one season for whoever.

Yes, fuck the triple post

Who knows, shit happens. Can't predict the future lol

Just now, TheLastOlympian07 said:

great read, cant wait to see where I end up. with almost 250 TPE plus Mullers recreate tpe, i dont want to waste Brodeur by retiring him early so I guess I will just have to stick it out. hope you stick it out with Launchpad McQuack because that is just a plain out great name

I just had to put that because apparently it's assumed of me.

2 hours ago, Kendrick said:

"don't think he wants to land in Cologne". Shows you aren't on the same wave length.

Well `I was going off you wanting to play for other franchises so I just went with that. I don't know what franchises you have or haven't played with except I know you played for Cologne, so there is that.

19 minutes ago, KGR said:

Well `I was going off you wanting to play for other franchises so I just went with that. I don't know what franchises you have or haven't played with except I know you played for Cologne, so there is that.

They switched their management to a stable future, so I wouldn't see anything wrong with it