Claimed: STHS [1/2]

Phil

STHS

jE8DFRs.gif

Well I am back to ranting in the form of a couple of Media Spots today.

The reason I am not ranting on the KnightTime air waves (which, by the way, is a much more effective and fulfilling way to rant) is because I am at work until 10:00 tonight. This will give me limited time to get home, eat, and record and edit the 3 podcasts I have to do. I will just record the 2-point podcast, One More Podcast, and just hold off KnightTime until next week.

Today what I want to rant about is Phil Shankly’s abysmal shooting percentage this year. I am not sure he even has 10 goals this season. Nothing about Riga’s team is different really, save for the fact that Bobby Digital has retired, but Shankly’s scoring attributes remain unchanged – still 95 scoring, 90 Skating and 90 Puck Handling. So why in the holy bleached asshole of Scotty Campbell is Shankly shooting about a 4.70%? I am pretty sure if Phil Bennington were to be called up this very instant (he has 70 scoring) and placed on that line in Riga, he would do better.

So what is with the STHS given some people gold and some people fertilizer? Does the STHS not just work on a formulaic basis (like the ratio between skate/pass/shoot) but as just pick certain player to be bad, no matter what stats and others to be good? I mean, last season Shankly had around a high 9%/ low 10% shooting average, which, with an attribute at 95 you would assume that is pretty standard. So what changed this year?

Maybe @hedgehog337 is playing heavy defense, or physical with the lines? No, it still doesn’t make sense dammit, because it’s not like Shankly’s NOT getting shots… he is. He’s getting a lot of shots… but none of them are going in.

Him and @der meister's Ravenwing are having rubbish seasons, and honestly, it is demoralizing. It’s performances in the sim like this that make us question why we even bother with it. Should we not just retire and try with another player, like Casey in New York (who is a top candidate for RotY, by the way) and Bennington (who’s leading the VHLM in goals, assists, points, and hits). What’s really the point in getting bent out of shape because the STHS is deciding to freeze us out?

I’ll tell you the point – it’s because we’ve put in work into our players. Week in and week out we record podcasts to make our players better, and after all these weeks, we see Riga, the best team in the league with the most goals, and their two best players having fuck-all to do with it, it hurts. Stings like when I pee.

So should I bother seeing out Shankly’s career? Yes, of course. He’s still got two seasons after this and loads of money in the bank, and it’s really nice to know that he can’t really have a worse season than he’s having. But one thing is for certain, if I am going to miss one of two point tasks in a week – it will definitely be my runt of an STHS player, Shankly, missing out. 

Edited by Phil

I swear to god that only 50% of it is based on player attributes. The other 50% is some algorithm based on the player's name. That's how certain players will always overperform and some will always be scrubs their whole lives. Explains why Holik choked so much probably. Gotta be something in the name of the player.

6 hours ago, Gudnason said:

I swear to god that only 50% of it is based on player attributes. The other 50% is some algorithm based on the player's name. That's how certain players will always overperform and some will always be scrubs their whole lives. Explains why Holik choked so much probably. Gotta be something in the name of the player.

I knew that making a complicated name will make my player a star.

15 hours ago, Gudnason said:

I can confirm that your algorithm is entirely off base. STHS takes into account the following:

1) Complains against his majesty, STHS (49%)

2) Compliments towards his majesty, STHS (50%)

3) Player Attributes (1%)

8 hours ago, boubabi said:

Dont complain. Look at cornerstones shooting %

Ive scored 65 goals last season with the same ratings

STHS is just a bullshit sim and a waste of time

I have been extremely kind to you in the past Mr. Karnage. These complaints can and will be held against you in the court of law. And in future sims when I decide how many goals you will score.

Even in the NHL players have off-years; [I kinda like it even though Schmeckeldorf's first couple of seasons were far below expectations,] I think it adds to the storyline of the VHL. Plus, when you think about it, most of the top players in the league all have very similar builds, so a high-TPE level player having a bad season is bound to happen once in awhile just based on probability.

• 1 month later...

Review
STHS can be a fickle bitch. I'm quoting someone on here with saying that, who said that to me awhile ago. Not sure who.

But yeah, the sim seems pretty damn random all the time. If only the creator could say what everything means, but he probably has no idea either.