Old boys club

Gooningitup

12 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

I couldnt do SHL/GOMHL because they were too deep, as 500TPE there ur a 3rd/4th liner and still having to put in a shit ton of work. I like 2 lines maybe 3, but full roster mean players dont always get good playing time and its harder to earn TPE here than SHL/GOMHL

SHL is actually worse than that, im currently on the 3rd line with 1000 tpe :P

10 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

I've only gotten through the first 3 pages of this so far, but if Ruutu is so dead set on the 3 lines thing, but playing guys on 3 lines would cause a mass exodus of members (it would, even though he refuses to acknowledge it) then how about this: Just like we did for the backup goalies in the VHLM, we could create 3rd liner inactives for each team. These guys are displaced if a team has enough actives to need to put one there, and can't under any circumstance play on a higher line than an active (meaning they'll never be on a PP unless you don't have 6 active forwards). Two ways to go about this: each team could create 3 of their own, OR the league could create 24 and vary the builds, then hold a draft among the then-8 teams. They could have a build of the equivalent of 200 TPE.

I´m having hard time believing so many people will leave if all of a sudden the reality in VHL is that teams have enough players for those 3 lines?

With the amount of welfare players we have now, I´m going to take wild guess and say they are the ones who usually play in the 2nd line, but then again - we don´t really even have second lines in quite few teams now so... But if the reality is 3 lines worth of players in every team - why would a welfare player leave if he or she is all of a sudden going to be in the third line instead of second? If you play in the third line, you can get roughly 12-15 minutes of playing time on average?  Pretty sweet deal to me if you think about the effort some welfare users put into PT´s. (Some do more work than just welfare, but not everybody). Or if a young player is ´stuck´ in third line for first season or two, why would that person leave VHL for good? Hang in there, you will be in the top-6 in no time. If you are truly active player, you will hopefully be given more playing time over someone who is kinda active, but has more TPE. (Career lenght more than likely need to be extended if the 3/4 line system is in place)

Doing PT´s would be even more valuable because it could truly make you a leading player, if you don´t do the PT´s - you will more than likely be in the third line. Now it´s not like that at all. Quite few teams only have one line now.

What comes down to your idea about just creating those players, I mean why not. The integrity of this league went out of the window with 2nd player system, so if every team would create those players, at least the actual games will more than likely be more exciting. Could even make Team PT´s that every team could do, teams get points that they could then use to improve those created players?