tpe

boubabi

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I can't believe a blue team member said that, god. Like I said earlier, I don't care about being attacked, as I don't really care about it. But then going full banhammer on me because of the same thing ? Just show how hypocrite this is. (I'm really using this word a lot lately, jeez) 

Plenty of people have been calling for that exact punishment. You have no idea how many people were thankful I suspended you for as long as I did; it was the best activity we’ve had in ages without you.

But yes, I’m a hypocrite and unfit to be in my position. Everything is my fault and he almighty Boubabi is right about everything. Learn how to be an adult and take responsibility please.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I brought this issue like 3 months ago in the BoG and no one did a thing, as they saw my reasoning as "harsh". It isn't harsh when its me doing it euh ? 

You claimed people weren’t putting effort in. Not people were stealing shit. Don’t try to pass off two different things as the same.

so if some member ask you to jump fro ma bridge, you'll do it as well ? You were put into a position to make decision, not those members. 

Can I buy you a coffee and see who we can ban kendrick ? That's not how it works 

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

You claimed people weren’t putting effort in. Not people were stealing shit. Don’t try to pass off two different things as the same.

stealing other people's shit is the first step of laziness. If you accept people to "modify" original artwork, then you have to draw a line on the sand where the effort is. 

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I could have done a shiity sig like this for instance (that isn't stealing someone else's work)

oFjTfUe.jpg

and it would have been okay, right ? No, the point is the same, if you accept people being lazy, roll with it 

I decided to be more explicit about it (I guess some people can' t see it), and see how it went 

Edited by boubabi

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, boubabi said:

so if some member ask you to jump fro ma bridge, you'll do it as well ? You were put into a position to make decision, not those members. 

Can I buy you a coffee and see who we can ban kendrick ? That's not how it works 

I am making a decision. I’m making a decision to not put up with your crap and you’re acting like a toddler over it.

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

stealing other people's shit is the first step of laziness. If you accept people to "modify" original artwork, then you have to draw a line on the sand where the effort is. 

Doesn’t change the fact that ts still not what you brought up. Don’t try to skew history to fit your perspective.

You are trying to skew shit to make you look good, that's the situation actually. The problem was brought up 3 months ago on how we should regulate what is considered effort and the whole auto 6 tpe thing. I don' tcare if someone steal other people's work and change it, it's not honest, but they shouldn't receive full point for it. The auto 6 makes it okai to do so, and that's something the blue team and the BoG ignored 

Edited by boubabi

And what’s up with the “holier than thou” attitude when it comes to graphics? We get it man, you’re good. You’re really good, but dragging people through the mud or belittling others through your “no effort” sigs is kind of an asshole thing to do. There’s plenty of people out there that try and come up with the sig you posted above. There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s six fake points in a fake game for a fake player. Get the fuck over yourself and let people enjoy this league. 

1 minute ago, Jonessee27 said:

And what’s up with the “holier than thou” attitude when it comes to graphics? We get it man, you’re good. You’re really good, but dragging people through the mud or belittling others through your “no effort” sigs is kind of an asshole thing to do. There’s plenty of people out there that try and come up with the sig you posted above. There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s six fake points in a fake game for a fake player. Get the fuck over yourself and let people enjoy this league. 

inb4 personal attack comment

auto six is the best thing to happen to leagues. I’m old enough to not give a shit about what I’m doing with my point tasks, but I still enjoy spending time and bullshitting with everyone. If I left for three years and came back to see things were still graded I wouldn’t do tasks. “Ain’t no one got time for that.” 

Just now, Jonessee27 said:

see, ? that's how I'm treated when I try to explain something lacks of effort. My whole "status" make it seems like I put myself over everyone else graphic wise. I don't give a shit about that. The problem is, the auto 6 made the graphic aspect of the site a joke. From a guy that came here because I thought the graphic community was great and tried to push me from greater things. See this low effort shit happening 24/7 nowaday, is just really sad. The VHL "whore" itself, as they just want people to join in, and they are ready to suck their dick just for them "to stay".

1 minute ago, Jonessee27 said:

auto six is the best thing to happen to leagues. I’m old enough to not give a shit about what I’m doing with my point tasks, but I still enjoy spending time and bullshitting with everyone. If I left for three years and came back to see things were still graded I wouldn’t do tasks. “Ain’t no one got time for that.” 

excuse me, are you from shl? I can' t seem to recognize you 

Just now, boubabi said:

see, ? that's how I'm treated when I try to explain something lacks of effort. My whole "status" make it seems like I put myself over everyone else graphic wise. I don't give a shit about that. The problem is, the auto 6 made the graphic aspect of the site a joke. From a guy that came here because I thought the graphic community was great and tried to push me from greater things. See this low effort shit happening 24/7 nowaday, is just really sad. The VHL "whore" itself, as they just want people to join in, and they are ready to suck their dick just for them "to stay".

You’ve brought it up yourself in these threads that you’re good and make it seem like you think you’re better than everyone else. Your attitude 200% reflects that line of thought as well. 

No, my status put my in a position to see beyond the jpeg on the site, which is an ability to better evaluate someone's work. I wouldn't expect that from a guy like dollar and such, that's why I'm the better guy on this site to expose how lacking the effort is. If you don' t acknowledge that problem ? good, not my problem. Just allow me to play with the same rule as everyone 

Edited by boubabi

It's like a banker who tries to scam an old fuck. It would be, another banker who would understand the scam because he's in a better position to understand the situation. I don't blame the old fuck of not knowing the market an the bank world, but the old fuck wouldn't go : "SO YO UTHINK YO UARE BETTER THEN ME EUH ???" That's not the point 

Edited by boubabi

Dude, I won’t deny you’re good at what you do. It’s the reason that when I came back I asked you for help(that you ignored, but that’s okay, it was a risky question so I understand it). I personally love most of your work always have, probably always will, but the problem isn’t your ability, it’s your attitude. I don’t understand how you can’t see that? You’re volatile. From an experience standpoint, would you be good in that role? Maybe, but I would fear with your attitude you would alienate members for simply trying sigs because you deemed them not worthy.  This is what I get out of this entire thing. You’re making a mockery of it. 

Did Boom use some stock renders? Of course, we can’t deny that, but he also put some additional work into it so that it just wasn’t that stock. It’s not that far off from using stocks for backgrounds...

at the end of the day if a sig or an article takes 5 minutes(you’d be surprised how easy it is to bullshit an article when you want too), or 50 minutes, it’s still a for-fun fake league. Come on man, let people enjoy themselves. 

alienating members ? They are grown man, fucking hell. 

If your reasoning from BOOM's sig is that, I'm okay with it. But if I try to do the same, it's not ? I'm repeating myself, but the amount of "content" I added to those sig are exactly the same. And the final result is comparable to MANY other sig posted here. Why would my past work play against me if we deemed those sig to be okay ? Why could a result (that could result in 45 minutes of work for a newbie, I get it) couldn't be done and accepted for me ? If I put 15 minutes to recreate a sig that took 45 minutes for someone else, why I'm being punished for being efficient ? Those 15 minutes are a results in the TREMENDOUS amount of hours I put into photoshop, and the motivation i got with it. So why the double standard here ?

STealing someone else's work is something, and I totally understand if those sig were judge "unclaimable". But what happen to other sig that went through the same process. ? What is evaluated as "enough modification" ? 

If I take a render, I put a random stock and a random font, without a thought process , and apply a shit ton of topaz,  why it isn't okay for me to do, but it's okay for someone else ? The message is the same. If yoy want to give auto 6 because the graders were slow to grade, I get it. Just change the current system and make the auto 6 applicable until a grade is in, and then tpe could be  diminish from it. The auto 6 is just putting an infinite tolerance on work that used to be evaluated for effort AND quality. 

Edited by boubabi

Boub, I see your point, man - but it is what it is and the system is what it is. Some sigs I've looked at and thought "what the fuck" did they make this on paint? Why do I write 1,500 word articles when I can literally copy and post a picture and write  name on it pretty much. I see your point.

It is what it is. That's their value. Yours is that you're good at making sigs and you take pride in it. You kick ass at it. It's what you do. Keep doing it. It shows how good you are and you enjoy it.

So you want people to acknowledge your whole posts, but you fail to the same when people respond to you elsewhere. 

Do a five minute sig, I don’t personally care. I’ll bullshit through an article, why can’t you bullshit a sig? That’s not my call though. 

Not that my opinion matters, but I think stealing work should be grounds for denying the PT and instituting a PT Ban for the week (I literally just did this in the SBA this week). 

However, I think the auto-6 system is great and that the point shouldn't be that everyone has to make a graphic that is held to a designer's standards, but instead they should be putting in effort to try new things or to learn. I've been very guilty of grading things too harshly in leagues and taking this stuff way too seriously, and I've since grown out of that. We aren't taking a design course for these leagues - so I don't think it should be graded so harshly, but I do think sim leagues are a great place to help people learn and teach them good practices that might help them in other areas. 

These places are meant for fun. Not stress and anger. 

5 minutes ago, Jonessee27 said:

So you want people to acknowledge your whole posts, but you fail to the same when people respond to you elsewhere. 

Do a five minute sig, I don’t personally care. I’ll bullshit through an article, why can’t you bullshit a sig? That’s not my call though. 

The five minute sig is above you, and it created 3 pages of bullshit. So I guess the 5 minutes sigs aren't the solution, right ?

And since when you do PT ?