New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

4 hours ago, Rin said:

image.png?ex=65792d23&is=6566b823&hm=7f2abad5a6c9e07db2e63b1ebc02534b317bc5a3c2f0fa012c9b74b28c4a0d64&

Week ending 12/3

1) The Christmas season has officially begun! If you celebrate, what are some of your plans for the upcoming month? If not, is there something else that makes this a special time of year for you?

2) At the time of writing this, Jasper Davis is in a three-way tie for first in points scored with 89. Be honest, will you (or would you, for prospects) feed him the puck a little more than usual to help him take home the scoring title?

3) What about our game needs to change to make the playoffs a realistic goal?

4) What are some of the little things within VHL locker rooms that make the overall experience better for you?

5) Now that we're in the season of gift-giving, what NYA merch makes the best gift for loved ones?

6) What's your pre-game ritual?

1) Gonna be able to play a lot more hockey. And thank god because i really need time off from university oh my god.
2) He can keep feeding me assists so he can get the title in points and i can get the title in goals.
3) Quite a bit, our special teams are one of the worst in the league, and we let them take way too many shots. Definitely have to tighten up on defense if we can.
4) Just people asking how everyone's day is, its nice.
5) Francecsco Mancini jersey with complimentary copy of The Godfather
6) Just a small bit of tiramisu. (don't worry the team can have some too)

1) The Christmas season has officially begun! If you celebrate, what are some of your plans for the upcoming month? If not, is there something else that makes this a special time of year for you?

Alot to fix, a big big family to host for Christmas. It will be equal parts fun and exhuasting, 

2) At the time of writing this, Jasper Davis is in a three-way tie for first in points scored with 89. Be honest, will you (or would you, for prospects) feed him the puck a little more than usual to help him take home the scoring title?

Absolutly, Every o-zone puck has to go through Davis!

3) What about our game needs to change to make the playoffs a realistic goal?

Defense, We need to become a tighter team. Third last in goals against won't take you to the playoffs. And our powerplay needs to be better, As of now we stand at 15,5%. Get it up to 20% and things will look much better.

4) What are some of the little things within VHL locker rooms that make the overall experience better for you?

Just, People checking in. Learn new things about people living on other continents.

5) Now that we're in the season of gift-giving, what NYA merch makes the best gift for loved ones?

The classic Americans hoodie with Yvel #6 on the back to keep warm, Hope my family isn't reading this but they're all getting one this year :)

6) What's your pre-game ritual?

Pump up some good punkrock and going in to myself and find some peace and confidence.

image.png?ex=65792d23&is=6566b823&hm=7f2abad5a6c9e07db2e63b1ebc02534b317bc5a3c2f0fa012c9b74b28c4a0d64&

Week ending 12/10

1) Unfortunately, the Americans didn't make it to the dance this season. What are your player's plans for the offseason?

2) Are there any offseason tournaments or activities you particularly enjoy?

3) What's the biggest need for the Americans heading into the offseason, in your opinion?

4) With the VHL Playoffs live, who's your pick to take home the Continental Cup?

5) What's your favorite playoff tradition in all of hockey?

6) If you could accept a sponsorship from any company, what would it be?

1 minute ago, Rin said:

Week ending 12/10

1) Unfortunately, the Americans didn't make it to the dance this season. What are your player's plans for the offseason?

3) What's the biggest need for the Americans heading into the offseason, in your opinion?

4) With the VHL Playoffs live, who's your pick to take home the Continental Cup?

1. Well there is potentially the ProAm, which CGY will be joining. Other than that, do the work to be the best version of himself for NYA to have a better season than the past one.

2. See above, World Cups are also fun, but I believe CGY is not eligible anymore for the WJC, and just not good enough yet for the WC.

3. Some help in scoring would be nice, as CGY will not be able to contribute in that department in a meaningful way.

4. That is difficult... I hope for Calgary, but it will be very difficult. A European team will be more realistic I think.

5. Except for the playoff beards I am not aware of any, and this one is superstition, so I am a little bit on the fence (especially with players who cannot grow a beard to save their lives).

6. Some game company, maybe Rockstar or CD project red. No EA of any description.

Nothing much, Going back to Sweden and just chill out with family and prepare for next season.

I loved playing in the wjc, But i don't think i will be selected to any upcoming things 

A Goalie, was a big difference when we got one this season. Luckily I think WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW can come in and do wonders.

No Clue, LA looks pretty cool :)

Hmm, I only know about the playoffbeard and i like that :)

Maybe Suzuki or KTM. Or maybe a charity for some good cause.

On 12/9/2023 at 3:33 PM, Rin said:

Week ending 12/10

Gonna head back to Italy, see the family, maybe get more family in New York for... business reasons.

Junior Prospect Tournament is great, I'm the all-time honorary coach of the Royals. /j

Defense, we really need to limit the amount of GA and shots against. Special teams wouldn't hurt either.

D.C. Dragons, not in any particular logical reason, they just give me good vibes.

Handshake line after every series.

Ferrari, they've got motorsports, why not hockey next?

• 1 month later...

Week ending 1/21

1) It's been a hot minute! The Americans are under new management with new general manager @STZ, how are you feeling about the change so far?

2) How did your player spend their offseason?

3) Between signings and callups, the Americans are a fundamentally different squad this year. What do you think was our best area of improvement?

4) What do you look for most in a team captain?

5) It's been a fairly hot start for the Americans, what do you attribute that most to?

6) Be honest-- is New York style pizza the BEST style of pizza? If not, what is?

3 hours ago, Rin said:

Week ending 1/21

1) It's been a hot minute! The Americans are under new management with new general manager @STZ, how are you feeling about the change so far?

3) Between signings and callups, the Americans are a fundamentally different squad this year. What do you think was our best area of improvement?

5) It's been a fairly hot start for the Americans, what do you attribute that most to?

6) Be honest-- is New York style pizza the BEST style of pizza? If not, what is?

1. I think we are on a good path and the lockerroom appears more active.

2. CGY participated in the ProAm and the WJC.

3. I think we improved on all positions compared to last season.

4. That he leads with example. Nothing worse than a captain who is like 'do as I say, not as I do.'

5. Some teams are rebuilding and we managed to close the door for the most part so far.

6. I prefer the traditional thin Italian style pizza.

1) It's been a hot minute! The Americans are under new management with new general manager @STZ, how are you feeling about the change so far?

I liked Thad and think he did good things, and i think STZ has continued to do good things. I'm a happy camper.

Playing in the PROam, was in sweden visiting relatives and training.

All the positions has really been i improved. but i believe that getting a good goalie in WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW has been crucial for our early sucess.

Being a good dude/dudette off the ice, Can't have an asshole and expect people to follow.

teamwork, We all have improved individually over the summer and when put together you can really see the work in action.

Looking at pictures i would agree with New York style. But i have to advertise the Swedish KebabPizza, It's worth dying a thousand deaths for. 

download.jpg.f969287a02d483ca4c31a4a65bf221d6.jpg

Edited by Trazan

• 1 month later...

:nya:NEW YORK AMERICANS PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

off-season edition!

1. What are your early thoughts on the team's chances of success for next season?

2. Do you enjoy the off-season break? Or are you someone who would prefer for it to be shorter?

3. Where in New York City does your player live? Is it right in downtown Manhattan or further away in the suburbs? (i swear i'm not trying to doxx your player)

4. What are your goals for your player next season?

5. What is the most interesting place you would love to visit?

6. In Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, what is your favourite trap that Kevin sets for The Wet Bandits?

On 3/5/2024 at 12:21 PM, hylands said:

off-season edition!

1. What are your early thoughts on the team's chances of success for next season?
     I really think we have a good shot at success next season, we've got good core coming through with a lot of youth talent that has been producing well.

2. Do you enjoy the off-season break? Or are you someone who would prefer for it to be shorter?
     I would prefer it to be shorter, but then again its only because we didn't have the best post-season. That'll change.

3. Where in New York City does your player live? Is it right in downtown Manhattan or further away in the suburbs? (i swear i'm not trying to doxx your player)
     Brooklyn. But I mean I've got friends and... associates... all across town.

Point per game at least, maybe my expectations were too high after that 100+ point season I had, but Point per game feels like a good place to be.

Probably the grand canyon, never been there, would like to go.

6. In Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, what is your favourite trap that Kevin sets for The Wet Bandits?
     The nail in the stair trap. You know exactly the one I'm talking about. Every time I watch it I feel it, its awful.

On 3/5/2024 at 9:21 PM, hylands said:

off-season edition!

1. Since the core has not changed much and we got Doinks for Ducky, I think we should be in playoff contention.

2. Yes and no. There is the draft happening which is interesting even if you are not part of the class. Plus WC/WJC and the good old ProAm. And simmers need some time off as well (I know, very unpopular opinion).

3. Mulberry Street in a fix rent appartment, that French was able to 'find' from one of his 'associates'. Living there with roomie Rin.

4. To crush my enemies. See them driven before me. And to hear the lamentations of their fans (iykyk).

5. There are so many. Maybe the Yellowstone National Park would be very high on the list.

6. I have only seen it once (I think the year it was released) and I do not recall the traps. So I go for the falling iron from Home Alone one.

I think we will be able to compete for the Cup and be considered a contender with all the talent we have.

I don't really care haha! But I think it's just the right amount of time between seasons.

Right downtown! You got to live the big city experience!

Not having a too big drop in points production like I had last season haha! If I can get another Cup that would be the best tho.

Don't have a specific place, just Europe in general.

It's been a bit since I watched that movie, but I remember that one got electrocuted so I will go with this haha!

On 3/5/2024 at 9:21 PM, hylands said:

off-season edition!

1. We have kept the core together and we have all taken a step forward so i think were should be a lock for the playoffs.
2. i wouldn't mind shorting it down.
3. I'm not at all familiar with new york but i believe Yvel has made enough to live right by central park with a stunning view of the park.
4. Hmm, To be a big part of why the team gets to the playoffs, And to add some assists, Maybe 75% of ppg. To be top3 in Shot Blocking.
5.So many! Can't think of any particular.... Maybe Normandie and walk the beaches. 

6. I don't think i have seen it, But the first is a classic. And the kids forced me the watch the new one last Christmas and it was better than expected. 
But i can't remember any traps for the life of me.....