New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

4 hours ago, Quik said:

I'd say Poopy Peepants is probably one of the better defenders in the league who is surprisingly not getting a ton of love? IDK, though, I only copied one person's predictions, so maybe they just don't like @JardyB10?

Poopy has had a couple seasons in his prime to prove that he will never win an award, so it’s fair enough

:nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS BUT ANYONE CAN RESPOND PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

For Week-Ending of September 18, 2022

1). I missed the last few sims and am too lazy to play; how did I do?

2). During my trip I hiked a bunch over 3 days; what has been your favorite hike of all time?

3). Looking back, would you have purchased the original xbox or playstation?

4). Is North American conference playing out how you thought it would so far?

5). What's up with Helsinki?

6). Which commissioner in the three leagues would you LEAST want to travel with?

:nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS BUT ANYONE CAN RESPOND PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

Relatively poorly, just like the team as a whole!

2). During my trip I hiked a bunch over 3 days; what has been your favorite hike of all time?

It’s tough to say! I did a couple near Nelson, BC this year. One was in a very old forest, and there were some massive trees that were hundreds of years old, so that was cool. We did another couple shorter hikes to some waterfalls, which are breathtaking. I did a few in Manitoba as well that were great.

Halo was quite the game back then, and Xbox allowed custom soundtracks with many of its games, so that was pretty dope.

Yeah kind of. Toronto is doing worse than I expected, and I wondered if Seattle’s top heavy roster might hinder them somewhat, but it’s not terribly surprising so far. 

They’ve got enough solid pieces in what otherwise is a fairly poor to mediocre conference, so they’re doing alright as a result!

6). Which commissioner in the three leagues would you LEAST want to travel with?

Maybe @Spartan , he has a history of getting worked up on the road.

1. team wise think we went even

2. dont think ive gone hiking

3. prob woulda stuck with playstation still, crash and spyro too good

4. idk what the standings are and i didnt care to look at teams beforehand. 

5. there not the new york americans 

6. idk any of em

1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

Which commissioner in the three leagues would you LEAST want to travel with?

Maybe @Spartan , he has a history of getting worked up on the road

Tbh I much prefer to put in earbuds and blast music. I just need to toss in some dramatics for the sake of the podcast. 

Idk, probably not great? Bezos has been ass after the first couple sims in the E, so...that's fun.

I liked when Peyton Manning screamed Omaha before yelling hike, so I guess all of those.

We talking OG consoles? XBox came out with PS2, so not really a super fair comp, but PS1 will always have a place in my heart - Twisted Metal (can't wait for the show), Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, NHL Faceoff 99 ... those were my jam

Games are being played, and one team wins every game. That's about what I expected coming into this season.

IDK, you tell me?

Current or all time? Current, I only know Bek and Josh (who are the E and M commishes?). I'll go with @Josh, don't think I can hang with him and his wild ways. All time, probably the one commish who will remain unnamed that talked about forming dick cheese - no thanks.

Kinda horrible as a team.

I never hiked in my life so can't tell you about it to be honest.

Xbox was more fun in the past.

Yes, a very very tough conference to play this season. The second last palce team can still become 2nd place in the conference just from a winning streak.

Drugs, they need to be drug tested.

Acyd seems boring so yeah

Not great to be honest, and not leading us to many victories, shake my dang head.

I have not done much hiking, I guess I probably did a little bit at a state park near where I grew up.  We went there several times for school.

I had the original xbox and liked it a lot.  I didn't have an original playstation, but if I could go back I would definitely get one.

Not quite, I thought Vancouver would be crushing everyone, and I thought we would be a better than we are.

They used forbidden techniques to get a hot start, but have fallen back down since then.  

Any of them, I hate travel, I don't need to annoy anyone else.

:nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS BUT ANYONE CAN RESPOND PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

it was amazing honestly, very happy esepcially with recent sims. 

went to a provincial park around me, great hiking trails

3). Looking back, would you have purchased the original xbox or playstation?\

I think xbox, I was a big halo guy haha

I think it's shaped up about how I expected, some surprises... 

the team seems to be in a rough patch, I don't know the internal issues as of yet.. but heard some outpours for help? 

haha uh... I am going to plead the 5th on this one :D

Edited by InstantRockstar

:nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS WEEEEEEEEEE PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

For Week-Ending of September 25, 2022

1). Today New York opens the newspaper to find out they are on a 4-game winning streak.  Is this the turn the team was looking for?

2). Who is the team's LEAST likely player to recreate as a goalie?

3). Will @nurx get to 50 points?

4). If you posted in another team's press conference, shame on you, but who would it NOT be?

5). Do you ever read SHT (shots) as shits? @JardyB10

6). Truly or Whiteclaw?

:nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS WEEEEEEEEEE PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

For Week-Ending of September 25, 2022

1). Today New York opens the newspaper to find out they are on a 4-game winning streak.  Is this the turn the team was looking for?

Today I opened the Standings and see we're 9 points out of a Wildcard spot, so apparently not!

@KnightRiley, he doesn't like goalie. Also @me, because I'm recreating next season and it won't be a goalie.

3). Will @nurx get to 50 points?

No, but I have full faith he can hit 40!

4). If you posted in another team's press conference, shame on you, but who would it NOT be?

I would not post in Vasteras' Press Conference, because Fuck Vasteras

5). Do you ever read SHT (shots) as shits? @JardyB10

I actually do not know how to read :(

6). Truly or Whiteclaw?

Vizzy. Just kidding they're all kind of the same. Probably Truly between the two in question.

Yes and hopefully we can keep it up, but we ended up losing a bunch. Hopefully we can go on a streak once we change the lines a bit.

ThePerfectNut. I'm never going to recreate as a goalie, even if I was told that I got a 95% to make the HOF.

3). Will @nurx get to 50 points?

I'm hoping for him, he's best season was at 35 points as a rookie. He is in his 4th season and it's not looking any better. Might be one of the most dissapointing carreer for a user that actually claims a lot of TPE.

For sure not ThePerfectNut lol

5). Do you ever read SHT (shots) as shits? @JardyB10

No, never. Now I might because of this. 

6). Truly or Whiteclaw?

I like Whiteclaw tp be honest

It absolutely is honestly, we needed this boost badly. 

Probably me lol, done it once, I'm good now.

Truthfully? I think it's pssible though I know Nurx is not happy with the current build/happenings of his player. 

LOL probably Chicagos, I have my reasons.. 

Of course, who doesn't? Feels irregular to call it anything else.

6). Truly or Whiteclaw?

I don't drink myself so I can't really judge either one. 

I'm not sure, the team still seems to be struggling.  Feels like our players don't have the best chemistry.

I am unlikely to recreate as goalie, since it seems like goalies need a lot of im not a max earner.

Well, it's not looking good, that's for sure.

Seattle, got bad blood there from my pervious player playing on Vancouver.

No, i have a big brain and know that SHT means shots.

6). Truly or Whiteclaw?

I've never had Whiteclaw so I will go with Truly, but I'm not a huge fan of Truly either.

:nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS ALMOST TRADE DEADLINE PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

For Week-Ending of October 2, 2022

1). Tis the beginning of halloween season - what was the last costume you wore?

2). Do you think New York will buy or sell this trade deadline?

3). Should there be a cap on how many players come from a specific country in the VHL?

4). Why don't we wait for the new season's portal to come out before doing a VHFL draft?

5). If water wasn't blue, which color would you want it to be?

6). Has @JardyB10 mentioned you in any of his nodesodes this season?  WHY NOT

I think last season I was a steak. I'm not a big costume guy, so I just go with whatever I see first unless my girlfriend tells me otherwise.

Good question, actually. With their current position, it makes more sense to sell, but with teams so hard pressed against the cap, they might as well buy.

3). Should there be a cap on how many players come from a specific country in the VHL?

No? I'm not sure if I understand the question, really. Just like irl hockey, we all want it to be a worldwide sport, so the more countries, the better. If everyone wants to be from Canada, why stop them?

4). Why don't we wait for the new season's portal to come out before doing a VHFL draft?

Because the new index is always posted so late. There would be no point in VHFL if we were drafting teams 25 games into the season.

Green, I guess. The least off-putting. Imagine red or brown water? Shudder

6). Has @JardyB10 mentioned you in any of his nodesodes this season?  WHY NOT

Not this season, just in the offseason. I think he's mad that I went with Dil over himself in Free Agent Frenzy. Or, I just don't do anything noteworthy. Probably that.

11 hours ago, frescoelmo said:

1. I had the nickname last year as Lord (real name) so I dressed as a like duke and knighted people as I became drunker.
2. Sell. This team is broken and with 2 option players both talking about thinking of not staying it is time to make drastic changes.
3. Yes. 1 for every draft season. I want people to come from ridiculous places!

4. Because the season would be started. Duh!
5. Absolutely neon green. Completely blinding as the sun shines on it!
6. I think so? Im not sure. Probably

I never did Halloween so I never did a disguise.

I hope we sell. I want to get either Yaroslav Bogatyrev or The Frenchman on this team badly.

Nah, there’s shouldn’t to be honest. Even if there’s a lot of players in one country. Not all of them can play for there world team so they’ll choose another country next time.

To be honest we should do that, see who has a hit start, pick him then he just chokes.

Green would of been cool.

6). Has @JardyB10 mentioned you in any ofhis nodesodes this season?  WHY NOT

no I don’t know why smh 

I'm honestly not too sure. The last one I remember I just walked to the bar briefly wearing my house coat and a wizard hat. I was a wizard.

Selling would certainly be the safer and smarter play, but maybe the market's not there for it!

Totally, I'd have about enough of these gosh dang foreigners comin' here and takin' all our jobs! Of course the U.S. of A should be exempt from this ruling, WOOOOOO!

I don't know, is that helpful to anybody? Roster moves are updated on the portal, so I don't see what waiting accomplishes?

Pink, because that would be pretty rad.

6). Has @JardyB10 mentioned you in any of his nodesodes this season? WHY NOT

Yeah I open basically every single podcast with "Hello everyone, this is JardyB10..." so I get mentioned A TON! 😏

I have no idea, I think i did a simple pirate costume in college at one point, several years ago.

Selling would probably be better in the long term but not sure if there is much cap space out there to move people to.

I don't think so, the international tournaments are a secondary thing imo, and that's the only time a player's country of origin matters.

It already takes so long, can't delaying it further is just going to push more groups into the season.

Magenta, more things should be magenta.

6). Has @JardyB10 mentioned you in any of his nodesodes this season?  WHY NOT

Not this season, I think last season I was mentioned once.  Why is that?  Probably because I do very little that could be mentioned.  

On 9/28/2022 at 8:16 AM, frescoelmo said:

Not a huge costume guy but think my daughter wants me to dress at Tong from Raya and the last Dragon.  She's 4

Hmm, not too sure.  Selling might make more sense if the market is there.  NY was my darkhorse team at the beginning of season.  I like the off season moves. 

No, the more Countries the better.

Not sure.  Indexing is usually late so think it would be tough to wait. 

Black like oil

Don't think so.  I am a nobody in VHL so makes sense for him not to mention me.