New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

1. The Americans decided to trade away Napoleon Dynamite and Svatopluk Puk to the Los Angeles Stars. Were you surprised by the direction they took?

Sure was, i thought we we're really going for playoffs this year. But i do trust the management and that they will do what sets us up for succes.

2. Are you excited by the addition of Xiver Zilla and WWWWWWWW to the team's prospect pool? Do you know anything about them?

Don't know much about them really but i'm excited to get to know them and bring them onto our team :)

3. How do stay motivated throughout a rebuild process?

It's a process, think about all the glory in the future!

Winning or losing the personal stats is always fun to see and in a rebuilding team your player almost certainly gets to take on a bigger role.

4. Vegas put our over/under at 20.5 wins. Do you think we win more than that?

Gotta say over, hoping for 30 :)

5. What's one aspect of your game you wish you were better at?

Hitting, it's a though stat because at the same time i don't wanna put my team on the boxplay too often.

6. If hockey was like baseball and you could choose a walkup song that would play in the arena everytime you enter the action, what song would it be and why? 

Lars Winnerbäck - Nåt som verkligen är bra (Something really good)

but it would force him to change the lyrics to 

"Like a stolen chevrolet

With a Springsteen cassette in it

Like Tord Yvel in New York

Something that is really good

Something that is really good"

• 2 weeks later...

:nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS POST-DRAFT PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

1. We've had a tough start to our season. What can explain this?

2. Give a shoutout to one of your teammates that's playing well despite the team results.

3. Do you think there is a move we could do to help us get out of this slump?

4. Is there another in the VHL who's position in the standings surprises you?

5. Some low ranked media outlet suggested that calling ourselves the « Americans » was disrespectful to the non-American players on the team. What do you think of the name yourself?

6. What should we name ourselves instead?

1. We've had a tough start to our season. What can explain this?

As someone said in the discord "Simon Giveth and Simon Taketh".. We have been much better lately and probably just good ol' TPE farming.

2. Give a shoutout to one of your teammates that's playing well despite the team results.

Mancini  is doing allright i think, Has bailed us out offensively a few times.

3. Do you think there is a move we could do to help us get out of this slump?

Not really, not without selling of the future and i don't think we're there yet, I much rather we make moves based on starting to compete next season/2 seasons from now. This feels kinda like the last real tank season, Next year  i Believe we have some good players coming up and a few good still on contract so i think this will be a season where we find happiness in individual success and as a team look towards the future. 

4. Is there another in the VHL who's position in the standings surprises you?

Warsaw Predators, I don't know why i just thought they would be better.

5. Some low ranked media outlet suggested that calling ourselves the « Americans » was disrespectful to the non-American players on the team. What do you think of the name yourself?

As a Swede i do not Believe so, I signed a a contract because i wanted to play for New York which is in America so i am happy to celebrate everything American. when in Rome and all that.  If not, Maybe i should have asked for a trade to the EU-Division. 

6. What should we name ourselves instead?

New York Narwhals, New York Neanderthal's, New York Tigers, New York Totems 

• 1 month later...

:nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

1. The S91 VHL Entry Draft has come and gone, and we used our highly esteemed 1st overall pick to snatch up Callum Gary Yannick Janser @Daniel Janser. Explain why this was a good or bad decision.
  2. Being a member of a team going through a rebuild is tough. How do you manage to keep the joy of playing the game in the midst of many tough losses?
  3. As we enter into a new season in the VHL, tell us about your favorite VHL season and why it's your favorite.
  4. Does your player have any final plans before the season begins?
  5. What are three songs that can be found on your player's playlist?
  6. What's your favorite part about living in New York?

1. I don’t think we can fully decide if it was good or not as they still need to play for use to have a decision. I’d say it would probably be considered good thing since they are a high draft pick and we have lots of expectations from them.

2. I think you have to have the mindset to know that it will get better for us and that we can’t let a loss affect us too much when we are in a rebuild.

3. Well considering this is an h my second season here I’d say this new one is my favourite season as it can be better then last year. But if it is for other seasons besides the vhl then my last year with the express going out as a champion felt very good

4. Uh nope just getting better to help my team win

5. Well there’s Chelsea dagger, then hells bells by AC/DC and following that  whom the bells toll.

6. I like some of the views in New York, it’s quite a bit different compared to some of the places I’ve played in.

Edited by Lucas anton

5 hours ago, thadthrasher said:

1. The S91 VHL Entry Draft has come and gone, and we used our highly esteemed 1st overall pick to snatch up Callum Gary Yannick Janser @Daniel Janser. Explain why this was a good or bad decision.
  2. Being a member of a team going through a rebuild is tough. How do you manage to keep the joy of playing the game in the midst of many tough losses?
  3. As we enter into a new season in the VHL, tell us about your favorite VHL season and why it's your favorite.

1. I plead the fifth on this one, due to bias. Hope I will serve New York well.

2. Focus on improving. Also being in a competitive team in Vasteras helps as well.

3. Either S85 or S87. The former, because it was the breakout season of DJ, the latter because Calgary won the Cup.

4. Winning the WJC (mission accomplished) and winning the JST.

5. 'We are not gonna take it' Twisted Sister, 'Highway to Hell' AC/DC and 'Steh auf, wenn du am Boden bist.' Toten Hosen

6. All kind of entertainment and food is at your fingertips. CGY certainly is pencilling in a day for the 'Intrepid'

4 hours ago, thadthrasher said:

1) Obviously a great decision, I feel like he was the consensus #1 pick and it would have been crazy to try and look elsewhere. When you have that high of a pick and a wide assortment of needs/you're just trying to build a future, picking the BPA is always the right call.

2) It'll be tough, but I think the focus should be on incremental improvement and finding positive takeaways from losing seasons. Tracking individual performances is usually how I prefer to go about it, keeping an eye on personal growth so that it might turn into team growth in the long run.

3) I believe it was the s76 Chicago team that ended up winning the cup. That was just a special group of members coming together at just the right time to build a powerhouse. I honestly don't know if anything will top that LR experience.

4) The only thing left is to take a deep breath and mentally prepare for another drastic scenery change- from Japan, to North America, and now over to Europe.

5) It's kind of cheating, but anything I've posted along with weekly VHL.com articles. As a virtual singer, there's a VAST amount of songs that would be on her playlist, and more songs will revealed over time.

6) Being able to walk just about everywhere you need to go, if you're talking about the city proper. Maybe you have some fateful encounters along the way, but the convenience of walking travel just can't be beat.

On 10/24/2023 at 3:19 PM, thadthrasher said:

The S91 VHL Entry Draft has come and gone, and we used our highly esteemed 1st overall pick to snatch up Callum Gary Yannick Janser @Daniel Janser. Explain why this was a good or bad decision.

I think it's a great pick! We we're thin on D and the consensus no1 pick is D too so it all played out perfectly,

Being a member of a team going through a rebuild is tough. How do you manage to keep the joy of playing the game in the midst of many tough losses?

I was part of it last year and i had fun looking at the individual stuff of our team. And when you don't win as often, every win means more :)

As we enter into a new season in the VHL, tell us about your favorite VHL season and why it's your favorite.

I have to say the last one, S91. Mostly because it was my first and only season :P.  I think i did pretty darn well for a 2nd round rookie, much better than expected and thanks to being on a rebuilding team i got to be kinda 1st D over the boards in every situation so that was fun :)

Does your player have any final plans before the season begins?

Just rounding his visit to Sweden, Going to fill a bag of "Snus" and eat one last kebabpizza. 

What are three songs that can be found on your player's playlist?

Right now it's al ot of Lars Winnerbäck, Never liked him before but he has really grown on Tord. 

So it would have to be:

Lars Winnerbäck - Något som verkligen är bra.

Lars Winnerbäck - En av alla Dom.

Anti-Flag - Anatomy of your enemy

What's your favorite part about living in New York?

The variety, whatever you want you can get anytime.

On 10/24/2023 at 6:19 AM, thadthrasher said:

Great Decision, pretty much everyone thought him to be the #1 Overall pick and it worked out for us.
    Just imagining getting to the top of the mountain in a few seasons. That's what keeps you going.
    I think last year was my favorite, as I really started to blossom as a key player on the team.
    Gotta make some new recipes to make for the team for pre-game dinners.
    Prisencolinensinainciusol - Adriano Celentano, Immortals - Imagine Dragons, My House - Flo Rida
    Well, if i told you that, you'd be sleeping with the fishes, capice?

1. S91 has begun! How are you feeling now that we are a few games into the season?
  2. What are you hoping to see your player excel at this season?
  3. Does your player prefer a tucked-in sweater, or a loose and hanging one? Tell us why.
  4. What hobby does your player have that keeps their mind free of the stress of a busy schedule?
  5. If your player could only read one book for a year, what would it be and why?
  6. Your player has one chance to prank the GM of New York without getting caught. A) Do they take that chance? B) If so, what is the prank?

1 hour ago, thadthrasher said:

1. S91 has begun! How are you feeling now that we are a few games into the season?

Feel like it's probably gonna be a lot similar to last year unfortunately.

Hoping to see a solid breakout season, cementing himself in the league.

3. Does your player prefer a tucked-in sweater, or a loose and hanging one? Tell us why.

Loose and hanging, not only looks better in my opinion but also feels more comfortable.

4. What hobby does your player have that keeps their mind free of the stress of a busy schedule?

Cooking! You can't keep the Italian out of the kitchen.

5. If your player could only read one book for a year, what would it be and why?

The Godfather.

6. Your player has one chance to prank the GM of New York without getting caught. A) Do they take that chance? B) If so, what is the prank?

Oh he commits one of the most devious pranks of all.... leaving him food in his office.

S91 has begun! How are you feeling now that we are a few games into the season?

Feeling good, We knew we are in for a hard year as a team. But it gives us better chances down the road :)

What are you hoping to see your player excel at this season?

Shots Blocked and Assists. two stats that shows that you are a good teamplayer :)

Does your player prefer a tucked-in sweater, or a loose and hanging one? Tell us why.

Loose all day every day, that's the coolest.

What hobby does your player have that keeps their mind free of the stress of a busy schedule?

Going around house-watching. Just driving or walking about watching what other people has done to their houses and judging it. Cool,Nice, ugly,WHat the Fuck where they thinking etc.. 

If your player could only read one book for a year, what would it be and why?

631122 by Stephen King, Loved it and actually thought the Series with James Franco was alright to.

Your player has one chance to prank the GM of New York without getting caught. A) Do they take that chance? B) If so, what is the prank?

A: Hell yes!

B:Thin plastic over the toilet rim, making pee go errywhere.

On 11/6/2023 at 2:45 PM, thadthrasher said:

1) I'm...ready to be on the Americans, honestly. The E experience has been beyond abysmal so far.

2) Hoping to see Rin excel more in the offensive facets of the game, which does appear to be happening so far. It's definitely what I've been investing towards, and it looks like it's starting to pay off.

3) Loose and hanging, can't be too worried about looks when you're out there on the ice. Just gotta throw the sweater on and go!

4) Easily-- listening to and, in some instances, performing music. Rin is still a wildly talented vocalist, and she tries to incorporate that love for music into her hockey career as much as possible.

5) Definitely some kind of collection of sheet music/transcribed songs, especially if there are pages left blank for you to write your own compositions. Being able to practice and browse through a huge list of songs to practice would be plenty to keep her occupied, should it be the only book she's allowed to read.

6) B is not applicable here, I think she passes for sure. Maybe hops in on a prank if it's harmless enough, but certainly wouldn't initiate one on her own.

On 11/6/2023 at 9:45 PM, thadthrasher said:

1. Frankly I expected us to be at the bottom of the conference for all season. So I am positively surprised.

2. The physical play as I invested most points in that. Seems to pan out so far.

3. Tucked-in. Simply so that other players don't get any hold in scuffle.

4. Clearly fishing and taking care of his boat.

5. Probably 'The count of Monte Christo'. Very satisfying ending and a reminder that we will be asked to stand up for our deeds, be they good or bad.

6. The answer is probably no. Reason for that is that it needs some level of intimacy to think of a fitting prank so that the other party can laugh about it, too. This is normally not given in a boss-employee relationship.

(We need a cute graphic for this)

1) At 30 points, the Americans are hypothetically one good stretch away from being in a playoff spot. Do you think we have that kind of a run in us?

2) After the most recent defense-heavy draft, what would you consider the team's greatest needs?

3) With those needs in mind, do you think they can (or should) be addressed at the trade deadline?

4) Does your jersey number have a story behind it? If so, what is it?

5) Does your player model their game after another player? Maybe one they grew up watching, or a peer that they want to emulate? If so, who is it? If not, who would you consider a good comparable?

6) If you had the choice, what would the Americans goal song be?

2 hours ago, Rin said:

1) At 30 points, the Americans are hypothetically one good stretch away from being in a playoff spot. Do you think we have that kind of a run in us?

2) After the most recent defense-heavy draft, what would you consider the team's greatest needs?

3) With those needs in mind, do you think they can (or should) be addressed at the trade deadline?

5) Does your player model their game after another player? Maybe one they grew up watching, or a peer that they want to emulate? If so, who is it? If not, who would you consider a good comparable?

1. It will be difficult, but with the recent trades it can be done if the stars align (or STHS feels like it).

2. I think we should get a D and a forward, just to future proof our roster.

3. With a first round pick and some solid options available in the S92 draft, I think we should be good and do not need to make moves.

4. It has. But naming the reason would go into doxing territory, so I'd rather plead the fifth.

5. He does. He wants to be Scott Stevens reborne.

6. That is a difficult question as it needs to be short and memorable and with the right message. I cannot think of any good one except the classic, which I would rather not have, as we should stand out.

On 11/18/2023 at 9:50 AM, Rin said:

1. TBH i don't think this is our year, We get som new really good talent from the juniors next year and i'm thinking that will be the year we take that next step. But you never know, With the new goalkeeper we have played fairly good :)

2.Hmm, Maybe one more D for a solid 1-2 pair and the go for maybe a high end center if we can (Can always put a center on wing if need be)

3.Hmm, I haven't been around long enough to know but if it's anything like the real NHL the trade deadline get prices jacked up to max, So i would maybe wait for offseason. Trading draftcapital isn't a bad idea if we are going into a more of a win now mode sending a say first for a established player that helps us for a few seasons instead of drafting and wait a couple of years and hope we pick a player who align with our current core.

4.I was going to pick No2 but it was taken so i wen't with No6 instead :P

5.Lidström, High hopes baby :)

6. I have no clue, something fast with a guitar-line everyone remember and feels direct.

(We REALLY need a cute graphic for this)

1) Happy theme week! This season's theme is, fittingly, "Recruitment." Do you plan on submitting something for theme week, and if so, what's your idea?

2) Speaking of recruitment, how were you first introduced to the VHL?

3) How big of a hockey fan are you? What first got you interested in the sport?

4) For those in the U.S., Happy Thanksgiving! Seeing as we are the New York Americans, how should the team celebrate the holiday?

5) How does your player like to spend their days off?

6) In your opinion, when SHOULD the Christmas season officially begin?

1. I don’t really know what I would submit for a theme like thatI’ll have to think about it

2. Oh well I was just looking around with hockey stuff before I accidentally stumbled onto the VHL

3. I would say I’m a pretty big fan. I’ve broken some things because of watching hockey games and getting mad

4. I’ll be spending being with my fellow Canadians as we already had out thanksgiving

5. I like to relax and watch a movie on my days off

6. I would say December first is when it Should start

22 hours ago, Rin said:

1) Happy theme week! This season's theme is, fittingly, "Recruitment." Do you plan on submitting something for theme week, and if so, what's your idea?
I do hope to, but as for what ideas I have, nothing so far.

Found an advertisement on a hockey subreddit, looked interesting, so I gave it a look.

Very big hockey fan, both watch and play it. My dad is also a very big hockey fan, so he definitely got me interested in it.

4) For those in the U.S., Happy Thanksgiving! Seeing as we are the New York Americans, how should the team celebrate the holiday?
DONT WORRY GUYS ILL HANDLE THE FOOD I GOT THIS

Cooking. Testing out new recipies his nonna keeps sending him.

Only after American thanksgiving for americans, but the rest of the world I guess November 1st, I think thats fair.

On 11/20/2023 at 11:25 PM, Rin said:

1. I am, Still unsure what but something, Hopefully it will be cool :)

2. Hmm, A lot of years ago i tried it out but it fizzled out for some reason. Now i think i got recruited on Reddit and wanted to try again :)

3.Huge nerd- level. Always loved hockey. My grandpa took me to games as soon as i could walk, Started playing as soon as i could but quit when i hit the teenage years. Girls, Smokes and how to get underage-drunk without money took all my time.. Started to watch NHL half way through Canucks cup-run season of 2011 when i moved to my own apartment and finally could get the channels. Decided to start watch the Canucks because of the Sedins and then it stuck with me ever since, Now me and my eldest son goes to some local games and he just started playing :)

4.With lots of  turkey i suppose? Thanksgiving has always peeked my interest. We don't have anyhthing like it in Sweden. So i would probably see if we have anyone going home for the holidays and try to tag along to experencie a real thanksgiving :)

5.Mostly reloading for the next game. Resting in front of the tv, Exploring New York and going to restaurants.

6. Dec 1. I like x-mas season and all but everything before dec 1 can fuck right off.

On 11/20/2023 at 11:25 PM, Rin said:

1. I did and I wrote about how I was recruited into the league.

2. I was watching a video on Adam Scouser's youtube channel.

3. A mid one I guess. My canton has two religions (allegedly): The Catholic Church and the EVZ, the local top tier hockey club.

4. I think they should give to the less fortunate and invite homeless people to eat in the stadium.

5. As his family is far off, either fishing or hunting.

6. Not earlier than on the first advent sunday.

image.png?ex=65792d23&is=6566b823&hm=7f2abad5a6c9e07db2e63b1ebc02534b317bc5a3c2f0fa012c9b74b28c4a0d64&

Week ending 12/3

1) The Christmas season has officially begun! If you celebrate, what are some of your plans for the upcoming month? If not, is there something else that makes this a special time of year for you?

2) At the time of writing this, Jasper Davis is in a three-way tie for first in points scored with 89. Be honest, will you (or would you, for prospects) feed him the puck a little more than usual to help him take home the scoring title?

3) What about our game needs to change to make the playoffs a realistic goal?

4) What are some of the little things within VHL locker rooms that make the overall experience better for you?

5) Now that we're in the season of gift-giving, what NYA merch makes the best gift for loved ones?

6) What's your pre-game ritual?

1. Oh nothing much probably spending time with my family. No nothing else besides the time with family.

2.that’s a tough answer as you want to see a teammate have lots of success and have a very good season. But probably not as when you go for more chances it gives a player like him room to work

3. I think we need to give up way less shots then we are at the moment. I think we are letting out goalies out to dry too many times

4. It’s how fun each of my teammates are. It’s pretty fun playing with them.

5. I would say a jersey i quite like them

6. My pregame is first eating a peanut butter and honey sandwich. Then I go to the rink early and do warmups by myself. Then go into the locker room and talk with everyone.