Vilhjálmsson Triplets Press Conference

Possum Queen

• Commissioner

1. Honest question, how do you pronounce your name?

2. You’ve obviously all come into the league together, what are the chances you’ll be staying together? And if you do for a time does that mean VHLM and VHL GM’s should only look at drafting all three of you?

3. Obviously coming from European descent I’m interested in your opinion on a debate we have been having lately: should VHL teams move all to North America or is there appeal to the European market we offer?

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

2. You’ve obviously all come into the league together, what are the chances you’ll be staying together? And if you do for a time does that mean VHLM and VHL GM’s should only look at drafting all three of you?

3. Obviously coming from European descent I’m interested in your opinion on a debate we have been having lately: should VHL teams move all to North America or is there appeal to the European market we offer?

1. Ya-koob Wil-hyam-son (Vilhjálm is the Icelandic version of William)

2. If it doesn't happen in the draft, we'll be making it happen at our first opportunity in FA. The goal is to play on the same line for our entire careers (and we'll be building our players appropriately for that)

3. Obviously I like having teams in Europe, but it does make for a pain in the ass when it comes to trans-atlantic flights on back-to-backs.

17 minutes ago, Beketov said:

1. Yoh-ahn-ehs Wil-hyam-son.

2. Our games complement each other well. I think a team that kept us together would be very smart to do so indeed. As Jakub said, we want to be together our whole careers ideally.

3. Europe is cool. Maybe shouldn’t have European teams in the same league as NA teams. I’d say maybe move Euro teams to NA. Or make the VHL all-NA and the VHLM all-Euro. Not trying to step on any toes, but I’m dreading the day we’ll have to fly from Las Vegas to Oslo for two games in two days.

@MWHazard Jo, honest time.

1. When we were thirteen of age, you swear Olga Stefansson did not like me. She facebook me and say she always like me. What gives?

2. Few Christmas ago we both get bike from mother. Remember? Three day later your chain break. Remember? One day later you fix chain and my chain mysteriously vanish. You take my chain? I'm serious.

3. Last night we in The Bourbon Room  to celebrate first win. You dance with girl name Becca. You go to her place?

@Týr  Jakub, serious questions for you.

1. You always want to play right side. You always right wing. I've tried to play right and you get mad. You can't play left wing? I always want to know this. 

2. Someone keeps logging into my Netflix and watching Cake Wars. I watch American show Arrow at night. I get up next day, Cake Wars is most recent watched. You watch Cake Wars?

On 2/22/2018 at 10:38 AM, Beketov said:

1. Joe-Nuss :lol:

2. I think it's smart for VHL GM's to look at drafting all three of us together. It's hard to believe we will play for an extended period of time with a franchise if we're away from one another. Jo and Jakub bring the best out of me. We bring the best out of each other.

3. There is a definite appeal to the European market. Seems like a logistical nightmare to have teams in the same league crossing the pond, but if there as an option to put a sub-league in Europe I think there is definite appeal in that.

15 minutes ago, Shaka said:

1. When we were thirteen of age, you swear Olga Stefansson did not like me. She facebook me and say she always like me. What gives?

2. Few Christmas ago we both get bike from mother. Remember? Three day later your chain break. Remember? One day later you fix chain and my chain mysteriously vanish. You take my chain? I'm serious.

3. Last night we in The Bourbon Room  to celebrate first win. You dance with girl name Becca. You go to her place?

@Týr  Jakub, serious questions for you.

1. You always want to play right side. You always right wing. I've tried to play right and you get mad. You can't play left wing? I always want to know this. 

2. Someone keeps logging into my Netflix and watching Cake Wars. I watch American show Arrow at night. I get up next day, Cake Wars is most recent watched. You watch Cake Wars?

Jo, I answer these tomorrow. Too hungover from Bourbon Room.

I not ambiwinger. I not wing left.

Farðu í rassgat. Cake Wars is best show.

@Shaka @MWHazard @Týr

How often do you pull the Sedin move when Johannes gets kicked out of a faceoff, by pretending to switch?

Have you guys ever found a set of triplet sisters to date? If yes, how did that work out?

What is each of your weirdest superstition?

What's your funniest Iceland story?

On 2/25/2018 at 12:34 PM, Shaka said:

Ok, ok. I answer.

1. Olga Stefansson is too skinny for you. Was doing you favor. You should thank me.

2. You just figure that out now? No wonder you aren't center. Of course I took your chain, I needed it.

3. Duh. I am always score, ice or no. She's a nice girl, you should not worry about such things. Becca has a friend that you might like.

On 2/27/2018 at 7:53 AM, Quik said:

@Shaka @MWHazard @Týr

How often do you pull the Sedin move when Johannes gets kicked out of a faceoff, by pretending to switch?

Have you guys ever found a set of triplet sisters to date? If yes, how did that work out?

1. Don't give away secret! Ref in this country haven't figured out yet. In Iceland, they all told each other to watch out for it.

2. Not yet. But Jonas probably would spoil it, he always act like clown with girls.

3. I put on socks left, then right. Always. Sometimes Jakub try to tell me I did it backward just to fuck with me. Asshole.

4. One time Jakub and I left Jonas with a big bar tab in local bar. We went back next night, owner tells us that we owe him money- Jonas claimed he didn't drink anything that night and that it was only Jakub and I. Owner believes him because bartender tell him, Jonas never ordered anything. Bastard kept making us go up and order. Now we know why. We pay tab. Find out later, Jonas paid tab already, asked owner to mess with us. Owner gives money to Jonas that we pay owner. So Jonas ends up getting to drink for free. Such a little baby, was harmless joke.

On 2/27/2018 at 10:53 AM, Quik said:

@Shaka @MWHazard @Týr

1. I shit at faceoff. They try to put me in, I do everything to stay out. Everything.

2. What Jo say. Jonas always try show girls his pet rock collection. He think it sexy. It not.

3. Johannes is weird with socks. They still not figure out my habit. Keep them from fucking with me.

4. When we still in .. what you call here .. high school, I sleep with Johannes girlfriend. She thought it funny as hell. I don't think he find out. Until, uh, now. No more questions.

On 2/27/2018 at 10:53 AM, Quik said:

@Shaka @MWHazard @Týr

1. How does he say? I plead five times?

2. We find sisters. No triplets, but sisters with friends. Let me rehrase of that. I find sisters. Jo never find anyone. Jakub try say I not good with ladies. Once, he tried wearing cowboy hat and pretend American for girls back in Iceland. His hat have feather. He call it peacock. He peacocking he say. Suppose to bring all of the ladies around. It turn all of the ladies away. One woman ask if we boy band. So no, we not so much lucky together as on ice.

3. Jakub lie. We know his superstition. Every night when we young night before game he must eat bunch of m&m's. Like whole bag.  Like it's American holloween time. It makes no sense. We notice this in school. Now, he hide m&m backs sometimes. It makes no sense but he superstitious. My superstition? I do exact routine pregame. Exact. From the moment I step on ice, I need exact routine or whole start of game feel off. Just how I get psyche.

23 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

@Shaka @MWHazard @Týr

1.) The Lynx are 8-19 and in last place. Are you three bad, or is it someone else's fault?

2.) Jakub: 20 points, -16. Johannes: 20 points, -14. Jonas: 23 points, -4. Has Jonas always been the best or is he cheating?

3.) Who grows the best beard?

1. Questionable Fart play like ass.

2. Jonas cheats. Also score bean counters mix us up. Half his points mine.

3. Jonas' girlfriend.

Edited by Týr

On 3/4/2018 at 9:47 PM, omgitshim said:

@Shaka @MWHazard @Týr

1.) The Lynx are 8-19 and in last place. Are you three bad, or is it someone else's fault?

2.) Jakub: 20 points, -16. Johannes: 20 points, -14. Jonas: 23 points, -4. Has Jonas always been the best or is he cheating?

3.) Who grows the best beard?

1. Plenty of talent in this league. Our defensemen are very very bad, except for Weise. He is good. I am not happy with communication I get from our depth defensemen. Seem like they only ever say "1" or "0". It weird.

2. Jonas only good because I am good. He always been the lazy one.

3. We should not go here. Last time we had beard growing contest, apartment we share in Reykjavik burn down. Enough said.

Edited by MWHazard

• Commissioner

1. How have you three been adjusting to the VHL thus far? Do you believe this adjustment period is hurting the Lynx?

2. Given that this was the one season where you could choose your own team, are you worried that VHLM GM’s will ignore your wishes in the off-season and draft all three of you to separate teams?

On 3/17/2018 at 5:52 AM, Beketov said:

1. How have you three been adjusting to the VHL thus far? Do you believe this adjustment period is hurting the Lynx?

2. Given that this was the one season where you could choose your own team, are you worried that VHLM GM’s will ignore your wishes in the off-season and draft all three of you to separate teams?

1a. We are getting better. Adjustment period is natural, coach say.

1b. We doing our best. We do not mean to hurt team. Ottawa fans understand I hope. My brothers and I are still quite young.

2. It would be strange to not play with my brothers. We have played together since childhood. I guess we adjust, yes. But maybe some day come back together.

Edited by MWHazard

1. You all were traded to the Las Vegas Aces in a deadline deal that almost never happened. What was the first thing that went through your head when you found out about the trade?

2. In Ottawa, the three of you had all the playing time you could ever want. Now that you're in a situation with other talented forwards, how will you guys fare with potentially less playing time?

3. A city like Las Vegas has millions of things to do on a daily basis. Is there anything you're looking forward to now that you'll be there for the long haul?

4. Las Vegas is known as Sin City. Which of you is most likely to end up in jail due to participating in "extra curricular activities" on the strip?

On 3/19/2018 at 2:37 PM, omgitshim said:

1. You all were traded to the Las Vegas Aces in a deadline deal that almost never happened. What was the first thing that went through your head when you found out about the trade?

2. In Ottawa, the three of you had all the playing time you could ever want. Now that you're in a situation with other talented forwards, how will you guys fare with potentially less playing time?

3. A city like Las Vegas has millions of things to do on a daily basis. Is there anything you're looking forward to now that you'll be there for the long haul?

4. Las Vegas is known as Sin City. Which of you is most likely to end up in jail due to participating in "extra curricular activities" on the strip?

1. Have to probably share apartment with these two. Was just going to get my own place. No fair.

2. We do fine. We are team players, if other good forwards on team, we get easier matchups anyway.

3. We are not 21, so most things we can not do. But. I love golf. I am very bad, but they have nice weather. Good to walk around, hear birds.

4. We are not 21. But I am sure I will be getting Jonas out of trouble at least once. He never listen to, ah...authority figurine? Figure. Authority figure.