Is the MVP race already settled?

Tyler

Is the MVP race already down to a handful of names? The season is getting closer to the point where you have clear contenders and pretenders and that goes for awards races too. It's far too easy to just look at the stat sheet and pick out an MVP but in the case of a text base simulator it's pretty much all we have. When looking the first thing you see is that Franchise Cornerstone is quite obviously the front runner, right? He has 56 points and 25 goals while others remain behind by a not insignificant amount. Sadly, he is mostly wasting his career on a mediocre Titans team so we will call him the Carey Price of the VHL. However, to me, my favorite for MVP is Toronto Legion Bo Boeser. Yes he is pretty well behind Cornerstone but his team is actually good! He has 48 points in 29 games while 22 of those are goals. He will likely finish behind Cornerstone in overall points but seeing as he is probably going to lead his team  much further, I think it's clear which one is more valuable.

actually, my biggest ennemy for the MVP race is rudolph. I'll look at the goals/points % and the end of the season, but we could appear in a locke/krigars situation where its hard to say which one is the mvp over the other

We shall see. It's possible that my numbers and % are still as good as last season

Plus, I'm leading in hits and GWG, which wasn't much the case for Krigars and Locke (mostly for Hits)

Edited by boubabi

• Commissioner
52 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Helsinki is such an irrelevant franchise today cant have the mvp

You haven’t paid attention to how the MVP vote has gone down the last 10ish seasons have you? Most times doing well on an iffy team is the exact definition.

Arguably right now (without looking too hard at stats) I would say DeGrath. New York should not be playing the way they are and he’s definitely a major factor in that.

Just now, Kendrick said:

Oh you mean like you when you voted all those years? #tryagain

unfounded accusation

classic kendrick. How's the 24 tpe recruiting job ? Don't see much happening euh

• Senior Admin
2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

classic kendrick. How's the 24 tpe recruiting job ? Don't see much happening euh

To be fair, Kendrick and the rest of his team are doing good work and are putting a ton of time into recruitment, the payment is well deserved

Let's stick to the MVP discussion yes 

51 minutes ago, boubabi said:

unfounded accusation

Oh you mean like your accusation? #potcallingkettleiguess

Its going well, the amount of work we do is great. Your attitude towards it is sort of backwards though

47 minutes ago, boubabi said:

hit me up when new members that aren't kendrick buddies on one of his million league that he's in that joins the league 

Are you stating that millions of other leagues is a bad way to recruit? That's sort of an ignorant thing to say

At this point it would be DeGrath by a mile. I like what Cornerstone, Rudolph, and Boeser are doing.....but considering DeGrath's numbers and New York's place in the standings it's hard to vote anyone else. Look at the producers on the Americans. Their best skater is Casey Jones who is 23rd in the VHL in points. They'd be a lot worse without Rhett.

For the 2nd place team, right behind 1st place, to have no players in the top 20 in points is pretty staggering.