Ottawa Lynx press conference

On 2/5/2022 at 1:04 PM, Matt thunder said:

OTTAWA LYNX PRESS CONFERENCE :ott:

Week Ending Febuary 6 , 2022

1 The season is just started and what do you think of it? are we off to a good start or should we do more?

I think the season is off to a great start, I think if we improve our scoring and strengthen the blue line we could be really dangerous.

2 Who do you think will be our biggest rival this season?

I'd say Miami or Philadelphia, were all really close in the standings.

3 Is this your first time in the VHLM or are you used to the vhl forum?

This is my first time here.

4 Personal question, what made you join the vhl forum?

I saw someone talking about it on YouTube.

5 If you had to choose between playing for Mississagua and not eating for 2 days, what would you choose? 

Mississagua, I get hungry really easily.

6 What do you think is the biggest strenght of the team? The defense? the attack? the friendship between the players?

I think our biggest strength is the goaltending, or goalies have been solid recently.

1 The season is just started and what do you think of it? are we off to a good start or should we do more?

Honestly the way how my player is playing i think we are off to a good start and i think we will do very well this season 

I think our biggest rival this season will be the Philadelphia Reapers

3 Is this your first time in the VHLM or are you used to the vhl forum? i am use to the forums 

4 Personal question, what made you join the vhl forum? i had a old friend who recommend me to join Bana 

5 If you had to choose between playing for Mississagua and not eating for 2 days, what would you choose? not eating for 2 days 

6 What do you think is the biggest strenght of the team? The defense? the attack? the friendship between the players? friendship between players 

On 2/5/2022 at 9:04 PM, Matt thunder said:

5 If you had to choose between playing for Mississagua and not eating for 2 days, what would you choose? 

6 What do you think is the biggest strenght of the team? The defense? the attack? the friendship between the players?

1. Yeah the start of the season are very good. 

2. Halifax 21 I believe 

3. Nah it is my 3 season here yeah Used to it. 
4. It is something different. 
5. I would eat nothing for 2 days 

6. Are attack is one of the best sense I have joined 

On 2/5/2022 at 4:04 PM, Matt thunder said:

1. I think we have a good start but theres still games ahead so lets not get ahead of ourselves yet

2. Im going to go with the Saskatoon Wilid they always give our team a good match and are definitely a good team

3.This is my first time in the VHL FORUM 

4. I love NHL and also love hockey so I wanted to try something fun

5. two days without eating doesn't seem as bad as playing for the Hounds so 100% Not eating for 2 days

6. Our strength is well.. us we work together and put up goals and defend them also we are a great overall team.

Thank you

1. I think we need a bit more help on defence and if we can get that we are looking good for a three-peat.

2. The Reapers are really good so I want to take them down badly. We can do it we just gotta have some luck on our side.

3. I was in the VHLM last year and was on Mexico City.

4. My friend who is on another team in the VHLM told me about it and it sounded interesting so I joined a few days after he did.

5. Guess I'm starving.

6. We have a great attack and have had some really high scoring games. That being said I think or cohesion and lines are definitely top notch and give us a big advantage before sims even happen.

Week Ending Febuary 13 , 2022

1 How is your player doing so far? are you happy on how he is doing?

2 If you could change only one thing in the Ottawa Lynx team, what would you change?

3 Have you ever dreamed of becoming a GM or an AGM?

4 Are you more of a tv series guy or a movie guy?

5 What made you fell in love with Hockey?

6 Wich is your favorite team in the VHL? ( I will go with Riga and Malmo, but Riga has the first place).

1.  My player is doing great! he was at the last time i checked the number 5 rookie and earlier in the week number 1!

2. Nothing really but maybe if i were to change the VHL i would say No more Mississagua!

3. Yes i have actually, i have always thought it would be a great job.

4. Movies

5. My friend actually played hockey in 3rd grade and i loved the game ever since

6. New York Americans are pretty cool

On 2/11/2022 at 6:33 PM, Matt thunder said:

2 If you could change only one thing in the Ottawa Lynx team, what would you change?

6 Wich is your favorite team in the VHL? ( I will go with Riga and Malmo, but Riga has the first place).

1. Yeah player is been playing very well 

2. I would change the 4 lose this season.

3. Yeah i think very good GM or AGM. 
4. A Tv series person but it depends on the movie. 
5. Team sports. 
6. I don’t have a favourite I like them all 

They are doing alright, splitting time with the back up so tons of rest.. Just need to step it up during the second half if we want to right for a VHLE championship 

2 If you could change only one thing in the Ottawa Lynx team, what would you changes?

Honesty I love everything about it and thr newer logo they got not many seasons ago is even cooler

Yeah I went to sleep a lot dreaming of ways I could manange in here, took mr a bit but hard work pays off!

Both, binging and latr night movies is the best

5 What made you fell in love with Hockey?

Playing it as a kid, plenty of road hockey games where I was bruised or exhausted so I have even more respect for NHLers

Riga all day but Seattle or Helsinki would be nice

On 2/11/2022 at 1:33 PM, Matt thunder said:

1. Not paying too much attention but hope he's doing good

2. Nothing. A great team

3. Possibly but too busy with school and other sim leagues

4. Tv series for sure

5. Not too fond of hockey but a fun sport. Not favorite tho

6. Moscow for sure

On 2/11/2022 at 1:33 PM, Matt thunder said:

1. I am more than happy with how I have been doing. My goal was to average a point per game and I am doing better than that so I am thrilled.

2. I think we still need a few defensive reinforcements. We score plenty however our goals against is still quite high.

3I considered it, however I worry that I will commit to doing so and then not being able to fulfill my duties if life gets in the way.

4. Definitely TV, I find it difficult to commit to spending two hours essentially doing nothing, whereas TV you can easily pick up on the go.

5. Watching it with my dad as a kid. It was the first sport I ever took seriously.

6. As of right now it is certainly Riga, they drafted me and this is my first player so I am very happy they took a chance on my player.

:ott: Ottawa Lynx Presser

Answer 3 for 1 TPE

or

Answer 6 for 2 TPE

Q1 -> The season is halfway over and we have ourselves in a decent position, what's something you learnt while being part of the organization this season?

Q2 -> We have been a winning club for the past three years, what do you think is the key reason why we are able to stay above the bottom of the league? 

Q3 -> With the additions of Bond, Puk. Aracnum, Marino, Machine and Markov we were able to fill the roster.. Do you think we need more defense or offense?

Q4 -> Does your player know or met any famous people? 

Q5 -> Were you good at any other sport(s) before joining hockey? 

Q6 -> What's a good money saving tip you can share with the rest of the team?

GO LYNX GO :ott:

Edited by Zack

1. I am not with the team from the beginning, and what i learned? well that i can help a team without scoring many points.
2. I think its the management, they are doing a good work there.
3. hmm maybe 1 more good defender could help.
4. I think all few of out teammates will be famous in the future, so i guess i can say that after few seasons.
5. floorball, during off season
6. Try to put away some money, dont spend much at a bar, stay away from gold diggers

1 hour ago, Zack said:

Answer 3 for 1 TPE

or

Answer 6 for 2 TPE

Q1 -> The season is halfway over and we have ourselves in a decent position, what's something you learnt while being part of the organization this season?

Q2 -> We have been a winning club for the past three years, what do you think is the key reason why we are able to stay above the bottom of the league? 

Q3 -> With the additions of Bond, Puk. Aracnum, Marino, Machine and Markov we were able to fill the roster.. Do you think we need more defense or offense?

1. A whole lot. I came in not knowing much about Hockey and now I know a bit

2. Everybody needs to rebuild once. It's a bump but we'll be fine next season

3. A bit of both possibly

4. Im still a bum. Need to get famous to meet famous people

5 Im pretty good at basketball and football

6. Dont spend on things which are not useful

I have learned that we all play well as a team and we work well together and we work hard 

the main reason why we keep winning is cause we have a good core of players and we also pick good  players to play with our club and we dont rebuild

no i think we will be ok for now 

Q4 -> Does your player know or met any famous people? None

I was good at baseball/Tennis/

Q6 -> What's a good money saving tip you can share with the rest of the team? when you get your paycheck you take your vacation pay and put in into savings 

1. It is not always about winning or if you have decent stats, its still nice to say you were a part of that team.

2. Great management and a legacy of great players now in the big league.

3. I do think so myself and i have looked at their stats and thought of some areas they will help a lot in.

4. Manny actually knows: Beketov, Kanye West and Dr. Dre

5. Manny played Football in his middle school years

6. Do not buy layover flights. They tend to cost more

On 2/20/2022 at 1:50 PM, Zack said:

Answer 3 for 1 TPE

or

Answer 6 for 2 TPE

1. I have learned that it is not always about winning. Sometimes you will lose game but you can learn from them and make adjustments to the team to make them better in the long run

2. I think it is the culture that the locker room has built and is helping everyone with builds and ideas of topics. Very supportive!

3. I think we need some more Defense. With our latest lost we gave up a lot of goals and could probably be fixed with some tweaking of roles that are being played.

4. My player has not met any famous people buy hopes too soon.

5. Lacrosse. I played lacrosse most of my life and still keep up with it.

6. Budget everything. Also make sure to have emergency cash that you can get at anytime. This has saved me sometimes.  

Ottawa_Bar.png.32cb1657970c75e9b38110d1d5ff216a.png

Ottawa Lynx Presser 

:ott: Q1 -> Not long ago the ASG and skills competiton excited the VHL, what was your favourite part of the event? 

(Skills Competition, All Star Games)

:ott: Q2 -> In the spirit of theme week give me a dream team of past or present Ottawa-only NHL players!

:ott: Q3 -> The trade deadline is at the end of the week, do we make a big move, try to add another tool or let it ride through the last three days of trading?

:ott: Q4 -> What is the biggest motivation for you when it's late in game and your gas tank is almost empty?

:ott: Q5 -> We earned enough cash over the seasons to upgrade the arena.. What part needs the most work? Should it be something to bring in more fans or a personal want for the locker room??

:ott: Q6 -> With this sim there's no way all the water bottles are filled with H20.. Be honest, what favorite drink do you put in yours?

1. I really like the all-star game itself, and from the skill competitions all around.
2. Elliott(G)-Chris Phillips(D)-Erik Karlsson(D)-Dany Heatley(LW)-Daniel Alfredsson(RW)-Jason Spezza(C)
3. We have a strong team, but its always good to bring some good players, question is if there are some game changing players available.
4. Victory
5. I leave the arena upgrade for GM, but in locker room we always like to see nice new stuff:)
6. I knew it, the water on the last game tasted strange!!! and i usually drink just water tbh.

6 hours ago, Zack said:

Ottawa Lynx Presser 

:ott: Q1 -> Not long ago the ASG and skills competiton excited the VHL, what was your favourite part of the event? 

:ott: Q2 -> In the spirit of theme week give me a dream team of past or present Ottawa-only NHL players!

:ott: Q3 -> The trade deadline is at the end of the week, do we make a big move, try to add another tool or let it ride through the last three days of trading?

:ott: Q4 -> What is the biggest motivation for you when it's late in game and your gas tank is almost empty?

:ott: Q5 -> We earned enough cash over the seasons to upgrade the arena.. What part needs the most work? Should it be something to bring in more fans or a personal want for the locker room??

:ott: Q6 -> With this sim there's no way all the water bottles are filled with H20.. Be honest, what favorite drink do you put in yours?

1. The skills competition because you don’t really see I a normal game.

2. AHhhhh I don’t really Ottawa player I am a Montreal Canadian fan. 
3. Add in a free agent with a lot of potential into the team 

4. A big hit and then all the fans start cheers.

5. I think more fans to the arena. So we can generate more money. 
6. It depends really I use Monster energy, Lucozade and Gatorade. 

9 hours ago, Zack said:

Ottawa Lynx Presser 

1. Favorite event had to be the Faster skater. I mean watching those people fly is fascinating.

2. RW - Finn Davis C - Me (Adison Bond) LW - Elias Dahlberg D - David Kiaskov D - Matty Live G - Elliott

3. I think we ride it out. We have been playing good so far and our only issue I think is the defense at moment is not performing well in the last few game but I think it can be changed.

4. knowing that we can take over the game with just a reaction to a play or a mistake that the team that we are playing vs.

5. I think it should bring more fan to the game therefore its harder to play as an away team and we will get an advantage before the game even starts.

6. Gatorade like most people. But I have been liking some of the Body Armor stuff that has been coming out. Also if I need a little boost put some MTN DEW in there and I am going light speed. The speed competition wouldn't know what hit them.

On 2/25/2022 at 12:49 AM, Zack said:

Ottawa Lynx Presser 

1. I didn't pay too much attention to the all star game because I took a brief break from VHL however i enjoyed voting for some former and current teammates to make it.

2. Tkachuk is a beast, Danny Heatley had one of the greatest one and done seasons of all time, Ray Emery (RIP) was a top 3 goalie in the league for a while, Chara was only in Ottawa for a cup of coffee but definitely developed into a powerhouse d man for Boston and Daniel Alfredsson is one of the best to ever play for Ottawa. Thats my dream team.

3. I think we have answered all the questions with our lineup and are hitting our stride at the perfect time to lock up a better playoff spot. So we likely do not need to go hunting for more pieces.

4. The thrill of winning of course.

5. Ottawa is not the biggest market lol, let's get a nicer locker room.

6. Dr.Pepper is heaven in a bottle. It is the ultimate liquid and I stand by that opinion religiously.

Ottawa Lynx Presser 

:ott: Q1 -> It felt like yesterday the season began but here we are with a handful of games left.. Anything you want to see out of your player statistically during this final stretch?

:ott: Q2 -> Be honest we all size up the roster being joining a team.. Who has been your role model/build you looked up to or has helped you the most on ice?

:ott: Q3 -> Who is your favourite team in the VHLE and/or the VHL? Why??

:ott: Q4 -> The fans have been wild this season after our rise from the bottom of the standings, what's the craziet sign you've seen in the crowd? What did it say?? 

:ott: Q5 -> On our next road trip we'll be stopping to get food, which restaurant/fast food spot should we go? What are you ordering??

:ott: Q6 -> Who has the coolest/realistic player name/build on the team?

Edited by Zack

20 minutes ago, Zack said:

Ottawa Lynx Presser 

:ott: Q1 -> It felt like yesterday the season began but here we are with a handful of games left.. Anything you want to see out of your player statistically during this final stretch?

:ott: Q2 -> Be honest we all size up the roster being joining a team.. Who has been your role model/build you looked up to or has helped you the most on ice?

:ott: Q3 -> Who is your favourite team in the VHLE and/or the VHL? Why??

:ott: Q4 -> The fans have been wild this season after our rise from the bottom of the standings, what's the craziest sign you've seen in the crowd? What did it say?? 

:ott: Q5 -> On our next road trip we'll be stopping to get food, which restaurant/fast food spot should we go? What are you ordering??

:ott: Q6 -> Who has the coolest/realistic player name/build on the team?

1. I want to see some more goals. I have been focusing on assist but I think we need some more goals to be scored in order for us to clinch a playoff spot and be ready for the big games that are coming.

2. The person that has helped me the most has been @Zack I always feel like I can reach out to him and ask him questions on the league or what I should use the tpe that I have available for use. I also want to become a GM in some time so I have been learning things from them too when they put in line changes and the reasons why are always nice to read.

3. Favorite team is Chicago Phoenix because you always have to rep the home team.

4. The Sign said "show me your butt hole" that is the craziest one that I have seen so far.

5. I will be stopping at CFA as always and I will be getting a chicken sandwich because they are the best, oh and you can not forget the sauce.

6. The coolest name on the team has to be Mikayev Ivanovitch. I also think that Daniel Clarke is a scoring machine at the moment and can't be stopped. Nor do i want him to be stopped because these are the games that we need to win.

1. I finally started to score more points for Ottawa, so i hope i will continue like that in play-off too.
2. Ofc its our general manager Zack, helped me to fit in the team.
3. Bratislava Watchmen, cuz its a country my player is from haha. Just the watchmen is a really really strange name for Bratislava.
4. One girl was holding a sign "Shaun Young, will you marry me?"
5. I would like to eat some goooood burgers after a winning game.
6. Faith Hope Love its a nice name, thats what we need in upcoming play-offs