Ottawa Lynx press conference

1 hour ago, Matt thunder said:

OTTAWA LYNX PRESS CONFERENCE :ott:

Week Ending November 14 , 2021 

1 GUESS WHAT? WE JUST WON THE FRICKING VHLM, how are you feeling? you will always remember this day?

2 Now, let's not lie, when yukon won game 6, where you scared to lose at game 7?

3 What will be your favorite memory of this season? winng the cup? or will you have an other memory in mind?

4 What will you miss more from this season? a player? the GM?

5 If netflix had to make a film about us winng the cup, which title would you propose? ( I would propose the underlynx, get it? the underdog is now the underlynx as everyone thought yukon was going to win, but guess what? we won. )

6 The offseason is started, what is your player going do during this time? train more or just relax?

1. I am so excited. To win the cup in your first season is something that sticks with you.

2. I had some concerns that we would blow it. It only makes the thrill of winning even greater.

3. Finally scoring my first goal sticks out to me. 

4. Without a doubt, I will miss our GM greatly. He befriended me before I knew what I was doing. He inspired me to turn my crazy idea into a series of articles I produce to this day. I would not be where I am without him. It has been an honor to play for him.

5. I would call it Rising Claw: The Ottawa Lynx Story. The impossible true story of one teams rise to greatness.

6. He is working harder than ever. Not only is he playing in the World Juniors, he is preparing for two drafts.

On 11/13/2021 at 6:46 AM, Matt thunder said:

1 GUESS WHAT? WE JUST WON THE FRICKING VHLM, how are you feeling? you will always remember this day?

2 Now, let's not lie, when yukon won game 6, where you scared to lose at game 7?

3 What will be your favorite memory of this season? winng the cup? or will you have an other memory in mind?

5 If netflix had to make a film about us winng the cup, which title would you propose? ( I would propose the underlynx, get it? the underdog is now the underlynx as everyone thought yukon was going to win, but guess what? we won. )

6 The offseason is started, what is your player going to do during this time? train more or just relax?

1. I feel great. Even though I came in late, I had a really good experience playing on the team. Winning a cup right off the bat will be a good memory.

2. Not really. The other games were  close and I thought that even as mean as Simon T is, we wouldn't lose game seven.

3. I think having a very feel about the league will stick with me. My first time in the M was long ago and it was really exciting. This team brought back those memories and all the fun the team had during the playoffs. 

4. I will miss my team mates but I think the GM is one of a kind. Great to play here.

5. I think I would make it about Yukon and call it "Train Wreak". They were the golden team that was supposed to take it all..... and didn't. 

6. I am training hard, getting a hair cut and going to try and look good for the draft.

On 11/13/2021 at 8:46 AM, Matt thunder said:

6 The offseason is started, what is your player going to do during this time? train more or just relax?

1. Great feeling. Absolutly love it

2. Afraid as hell

3. Best thing this season

4. Well im coming back next year. Probably are squad from this year

5. The route too Founders cup

6. train and get ready too help the team out for next year

1. So excited.  It's a thrilling experience to win the title!

2. Not a chance.  I knew we would clutch it out in the end.

3. Winning the Cup is the ultimate goal and that journey is the one to be retold again and again.

4. Just the whole team and the experience of being on a cup winning team and getting to play so many games with the team.  It's great preparation for next season.

5. Let's just go with your suggestion since I can't think of anything.

6. Bit of both.  Definitely will be working hard though.

HELL YES. Still feeling at the top of the world but the nervousness for next season is creeping. I'll remember our win forever, it was just like a story book!

Yeah and you could feel it in the locker room, with a little motivation and more focus on the game we prevailed 

Having a full roster of active bodies, felt good seeing the roster sheet with increased TPE from all over

I'll miss the depth of our team and chemistry, we should have a good run next year but we had 200s, 150s, 100s and 50s at one point and everybody had a role

That's a great idea, going with yours

Train and relax, not overworking or slipping but still getting ready for the tests to come 

1.) I was at home sitting on my recliner, so I'll probably forget it in a couple of years! Hopefully we can go back to back this season.

2.) The scary thing about game 7s is that it's just one game so anything can happen. Not that you should be scared to lose, but so many wacky things can happen in just one game.

3.) I was just happy to join the league!

4.) Not going to miss much to be honest, I was barely here.

5.) Hm...not really sure. They'd probably brand it with "Behind the Scenes" and then something...but if they didn't, maybe something like "Pouncing on Success: The S81 Ottawa Lynx"

6.) Gotta keep training - have to earn my spot on this team.

:ott: Ottawa Lynx Presser

1. With Yukon leaving for the E next season and the draft now concluded, which team do you think could to be our next rival?

2. Any changes to the league you see with less teams?

3. The last team to win back to back Founder's Cups was way back in S47-S48 when Bratislavia was around the first time.. What is the main thing we need to do to? 

4. What kind of player are you? Adjustable or would rather gain chemistry with a certain linemate? (goaltenders can have a favorite defender xD)

5. If you had a choice to take 3 penalties in 3 different periods or 1 in the last minute, what would you choose?

6. What is your favorite thing about the VHL?

Answer all 6 for 2 tpe, 3 for 1 tpe!

GO LYNX GO :ott:

Edited by 16z

1. Either Minnesota or Halifax

2. I don’t really see any changes to the league with less teams.

3. The main thing Ottawa needs to do is score a lot of goals and prevent other teams from scoring more than us.

4. I’m adjustable and can work with any line that I’m put on.

5. 3 penalties on 3 different periods.

6. I’m still new to the vhl but I like that I can play my favorite sport virtually and learn new things.

1 hour ago, 16z said:

1. With Yukon leaving for the E next season and the draft now concluded, which team do you think could to be our next rival?

3. The last team to win back to back Founder's Cups was way back in S47-S48 when Bratislavia was around the first time.. What is the main thing we need to do to? 

4. What kind of player are you? Adjustable or would rather gain chemistry with a certain linemate?

5. If you had a choice to take 3 penalties in 3 different periods or 1 in the last minute, what would you choose?

1. San Diego, Philadelphia and Halifax all of them have a great team this season so one of them for sure. 

2. Not really, but all the teams is more balance but it’s really depends on picks and waivers claim. 

3. focus on our game. Execute the game plan. 

4. Im really adjustable, I love to help in the offensive zone but without compromising my position in the defensive zone. 

5. That’s a tough question. Damn I think I would choose the last minute penalty. 

6. The community for sure everyone is welcoming. 

Of course I will, I just joined the team for a couple of games, and then a victory, plus at least a little bit, but I contributed a little bit to the victory)

Honestly did not understand the question)

3 What will be your favorite memory of this season? in the cup? or will you have another memory in mind?

Of course about the fact that I just came and immediately won)

Everything was on top)

5 If netflix had to make a film about us in the cup, which title would you propose? ( ( I would propose the underlying, get it? the underdog is now the underline as everyone thought yukon was going to win, but guess what? we won. )

Not broken by time

6 The offseason begins, what is your player going to do at this time? train more or just relax?

Train train and train again

14 hours ago, 16z said:

4. What kind of player are you? Adjustable or would rather gain chemistry with a certain linemate? (goaltenders can have a favorite defender xD)

1.I think the bulls are up and coming they could be one

2.Not really i think its fit way better

3. i think we can make a push for it. as the season goes everyone will get better, i say just wait for now

4.I'd say both. Im ah well rounded player whcih could leave me the possibility to play with a lot of players

5.3 in 3, at the last minute its too risky

6.Its well constructed, best hockey simulation game that isnt tied to the nhl

On 11/21/2021 at 4:48 PM, 16z said:

1). I think there are a good number of teams with decent rosters, so it will come down to who we end up struggling with the most.
2). Not really, sure there won't be as many roster spots but I don't think there will be enough actives to keep them full.
3). Assemble a dynamite roster in the draft. Oh wait, you did 😎
4). Adjustable. As a center, my role is to win draws and play well.
5). 3 penalties in 3 different periods. Being a man short in the last minute is way too brutal.
6). It's a great community to share this hobby with!

Mississauga is the closest to us geographically, plus they made some good picks in the recent draft so I think they'd be a good fit as our rival.

2. Any changes to the league you see with less teams?

More parity, I'd say. I noticed there were some teams last season that looked like they had very few players (and I think that made it harder for them to sign mid-season creates). I don't think there will be as many clear bottom feeders, and with the cap it's hard to imagine one team just completely dominating the league unless they sign a shit-ton of people.

Primarily, just keep updating. A lot of it is down to the sim, so there's only so much you can do outside of earning TPE and having a good enough build to be successful.

I would say adjustable. I tried to make the kind of player who will contribute a decent amount on the stat sheet regardless of who he's paired with.

1 in the last minute. Giving the opposition two more power plays is too many opportunities.

The community. At this point I've gotten the opportunities to achieve a lot with my players and the thing that keeps me coming back is the people here in the league.

I think any team can become our opponent. Just as the favorites can lose, so the outsiders can shoot

2. Any changes to the league you see with less teams?

Changes are not important, the result is important, we will become champions again)

3. The last team to win back to back Founder's Cups way way back in S47-S48 when Bratislava was around the first time.. What is the main thing we need to do to? 

So that we would have such a wonderful leader, and not leave us)

4. What kind of player are you? Adjustable or would rather good chemistry with a certain linemate? (goaltenders can have a favorite defender xD)

All the players are warriors who protect me) And I shouldn't let them down. But so far it's not working out well =(

Of course, it all depends on the score at the end of the game. You can skip the first two, but at the end take the most important one)

It's a very unusual game for me, honestly I've never liked managers. And this is hooked. Plus I got a good mentor in the person of 16z)))

:ott: Ottawa Lynx Presser

1. The first week of the season is underway and we have had a lot of new recruits join the site, what's one thing you would recommend to them or another player still learning the ropes?

2. Ottawa has a holiday charity event coming up and we need ideas to draw in a crowd to raise the most money possible, any ideas?

3. Did your player win any awards or achieve anything major before making it into the VHLM or If you could win an award now, which would it be?

4. You just scored an insane breakaway goal to win the game for your team (or huge glove save).. What would you throw into the crowd to celebrate and make a fan happy?

5. If you could add, change or takeaway an attribute/rule in the league.. What would it be? Why?? (funny answers work :p)

6. What's a talent your player has outside of hockey?

Edited by 16z

1. The first week of the season is underway and we have had a lot of new recruits join the site, what's one thing you would recommend to them or another player still learning the ropes?

Make sure you max earn each week. Ask someone for help if you struggle doing that. It makes for a good player and being known as a max earner is a good thing.

2. Ottawa has a holiday charity event coming up and we need ideas to draw in a crowd to raise the most money possible, any ideas?

I would have a big raffle for season seats. An auction of players game jerseys and gear. If that doesn't work, pole dancers and strippers.

3. Did your player win any awards or achieve anything major before making it into the VHLM or If you could win an award now, which would it be?

Are restraining orders considered an achievement? If so, then yes.

4. You just scored an insane breakaway goal to win the game for your team.. What would you throw into the crowd to celebrate and make a fan happy?

The puck of course. If there is a very young fan in the crowd, I would give up my stick.

5. If you could add, change or takeaway an attribute/rule in the league.. What would it be? Why?? (funny answers work :p)

Make PASSING a relevant skill again.

Max has the talent of drinking a lot of beer, curling up in the fetal position and pissing himself.

4 hours ago, 16z said:

4. You just scored an insane breakaway goal to win the game for your team (or huge glove save).. What would you throw into the crowd to celebrate and make a fan happy?

1. I honestly have no idea, this league can get very complicated, and even I'm still learning.

2. No, sorry.

3. No awards :(

4. Stick or Glove

5. I like it how it is, honestly.

6. I'm athletic, so I can play other sports. And be good at them.

6 hours ago, 16z said:

1.) I would say don't be afraid to ask questions and don't sweat missing TPE. There's nothing wrong with doing welfare or not maxing out your TPE each week.

2.) Shooting on the Lynx goalies seems like it would be pretty fun!

3.) I won a bunch of awards for my high school hockey team and conference, but nothing too prestigious really.

4.) They'll get the puck...I need the rest of my equipment, haha.

5.) I'm going to answer a different but related question - the change I'm most happy about "recently" is the addition of catch up TPE. Since I joined the BOG way back when, I hated the idea of trade deadline recreates and the huge advantage you would get from re-creating at the "perfect" time. Stolen from the PBE, I introduced the idea of "catch up TPE" in the BOG, which gives you half the TPE you could have earned from joining after the week of the trade deadline.

6.) Pretty good at video games, but not as good as he used to be when he had more free time.

14 hours ago, 16z said:

1. Honestly idk. a lot of players on our team are returning players

2. 50/50 tickets

3. i was nominated for one. also won the founders cup. Could be a twopeat??

4. Your stcik obviously

5. Add some other TPE earning methods (TRIVIA????)

6. Can touch his nose with his finger

Listen to what the coach says) Develop yourself, even if someone thinks you're crazy, that's their business) You are a person)

Since I miss a lot, anyone can try to score for me) And who scores more out of 10 attempts will get a prize)

I haven't won anything yet) I think my prize is a leaky colander

gloves and helmet

I like the size attribute of the goalkeeper, that would be along with his number in size (the goalkeeper himself) got to the maximum and that's it, the goalkeeper would close all the gates by himself

A lover of cooking all sorts of delicious dishes

19 hours ago, 16z said:

1. Honestly, don't take things too seriously. I did when I first joined but just loosening up and having fun was better.

2. Team VALORANT tourney? I know there's some pretty good players on the Lynx when it comes to gaming.

3. Honestly, no. I wish I could win Top Two-Way Defender.

4. I would probably pull a Selanne, throw the glove up. Maybe a stick or two.

5. Discipline, so all heavy hitters get penalized, and to initiate special teams chaos.

6. Calix is an exceptional weight lifter, but also has a knack for video games.

Don't worry too much about trying to earn as much TPE as you can or making the best player right away. There are a lot of people and guides that can help you with that. The strength of this league is the community, so just enjoy that through the forum and the discord. Also, learning about the league, the teams, and the players is really fun when you first join. If it's your kind of thing, feel free to check out the PTs other people make - especially the articles and the podcasts.

We're winning a lot of games and playing well so we could probably just do something hockey related. Maybe a public skills competition with Lynx players participating and all proceeds from attendance going to charity? Plus you could probably do a toy drive in the arena at the same time.

Not many achievements for Dvorak pre-VHLM. I'd really like a Founder's Cup since that's eluded me in the past. I've never been able to get a player into the Triple Gold Club and that's usually the reason. (Maybe it's a Quadruple Gold Club now with the VHLE?)

My helmet. Yeah, it's really important, but I'm sure the equipment team has another one that fits. Plus I'm sure there's a drunk fan that would be happy to wear it, like this guy.

I know it's ironic coming from someone with a meta build like me, but I'd love to take away scoring and see what happens.

Dvorak is an excellent violin player and enjoys composing classical music in his free time.

Week Ending December 5, 2021 

1 The season finally started and we are off to a great start, do you think we will be able to win as last year?

2 Are you happy with your player start of the season? Personally I think my player is doing fine

3 Early predictions time, who will win for you the VHLM,VHLE and VHL?

4 If you had to create a mascot for the Ottawa Lynx, how would you call it? I am going with leonard the lynx

5 If all the players of Ottawa joined the  squid game, who would win in your opinion? (not me for sure)

6  Christmas is near, have you thought about what to give as a gift to your team mates?

#GOLYNXGO

14 hours ago, Matt thunder said:

Week Ending December 5, 2021 

1 The season finally started and we are off to a great start, do you think we will be able to win as last year?

2 Are you happy with your player start of the season? Personally I think my player is doing fine

3 Early predictions time, who will win for you the VHLM,VHLE and VHL?

4 If you had to create a mascot for the Ottawa Lynx, how would you call it? I am going with leonard the lynx

5 If all the players of Ottawa joined the  squid game, who would win in your opinion? (not me for sure)

6  Christmas is near, have you thought about what to give as a gift to your team mates?

#GOLYNXGO

1. Yeah of course we can 

2. Personally I think it’s a good start so fast so I could think I could improve a bit more

3. I am not to sure I don’t like predicting stuff. 
4. Some big cat.

5. I think me but I am sure everyone is going to say them selves.

6. Yeah almost