Ottawa Lynx press conference

On 11/29/2021 at 2:58 PM, Matt thunder said:

OTTAWA LYNX PRESS CONFERENCE :ott:

Week Ending December 5, 2021 

1 The season finally started and we are off to a great start, do you think we will be able to win as last year?

2 Are you happy with your player start of the season? Personally I think my player is doing fine

3 Early predictions time, who will win for you the VHLM,VHLE and VHL?

4 If you had to create a mascot for the Ottawa Lynx, how would you call it? I am going with leonard the lynx

5 If all the players of Ottawa joined the  squid game, who would win in your opinion? (not me for sure)

6  Christmas is near, have you thought about what to give as a gift to your team mates?

#GOLYNXGO

1. Yes for sure!! we are the best team in the league and their is no one that can stop us! 

2. It’s okay wish I could do a bit better  but I’m really happy. 

3. VHLM: Ottawa VHLE: Istanbul VHL: Moscow 

4. What’s a good big cat name. Theo 

5. That’s a good question and looking at every players built I think strength, agility would be the most good attribute so my guess would be... Bradley Buzzer. 

6. The cup obviously ;) 

1 The season finally started and we are off to a great start, do you think we will be able to win as last year?

We will be able to win but not as last season. This season we will completely destroy the other teams.

2 Are you happy with your player start of the season? Personally I think my player is doing fine

Well Max is just a rookie that is finding his way. I am very happy with him as he sets a foundation for a long career.

That's easy. Ottawa, the best team and the best team.

4 If you had to create a mascot for the Ottawa Lynx, what would you call it? I am going with Leonard the Lynx

I like Leonard the Lynx. Beats my idea of "Joe the cat guy".

5 If all the players of Ottawa joined the  squid game, who would win in your opinion? (not me for sure)

Look at our roster, close your eyes then point at it. That player you blindly picked would most likely win. We are all winners.

6  Christmas is near, have you thought about what to give as a gift to your team mates?

Yes I have. I will try to do better than the "Soap on a Rope" I got everyone last Christmas.

On 11/29/2021 at 2:58 PM, Matt thunder said:

4 If you had to create a mascot for the Ottawa Lynx, how would you call it? I am going with leonard the lynx

1.) It definitely seems like it! I wasn't on the team last season so I can't speak to how the team was then, but we're definitely clicking on the ice right now.

2.) Yeah, I'm doing well in the games I played and the team as a whole is doing really well - can't ask for anything more.

3.) VHLM - Ottawa. VHLE - Bratislava. VHL - Moscow

4.) Leonard the Lynx is pretty good...I was going to go for the alliteration too but I would go with Larry the Lynx

5.) Hm, that's a good question...I'm going to go with Max Torq since he leads the team in hits, so he has to be pretty tough.

6.) Gifts? We're supposed to buy each other gifts???? Looks like everyone is getting Wawa gift cards!

Week Ending December 12, 2021 

1 As I am writing this, we are finally first in the eastern conference, do we deserve this spot?

2 Who do you is our rival this season? I'm going with mississagua.

3 In your opinion are we doing better or worst then last season?

4 top scorer predictions: who do you think at the end of the regular season will win the top scorer award?

5 recently me and @16z talked about what we put on our pizza, now you reply to the question, waht do you guys put on your pizza?

6 always pizza related, does pinapple belongs to pizza? (you better give the right answer, I am italian)

1 As I am writing this, we are finally first in the eastern conference, do we deserve this spot?

Seems that way to me. It looks like we've got a deeper roster than anyone else in the conference so it's hard to say no.

I agree. We're in the same province after all. Plus we're the top two teams

Worse, I think - but it's hard to match what the Lynx did last season. 122 points and a cup is an insane result. The funny thing is I think we could be worse that we could be worse than we were last season and still win both the Founder's Cup and the Prime Minister's Cup. That's how good Ottawa was in S80.

4 top scorer predictions: who do you think at the end of the regular season will win the top scorer award?

That's a tough one. I'm going to go with Vasile Lamb - he's got the benefit of comfortably being the scorer on a solid Mississauga team, while his opponents in the points/goals race are all on teams like Houston, Ottawa, and Las Vegas where the scoring is spread out more. Not to mention he's already capped at 200 TPA, when a lot of his competition isn't.

5 recently me and @16z talked about what we put on our pizza, now you reply to the question, waht do you guys put on your pizza?

I do like a simple margherita pizza - just tomato, mozzarella, and basil. I think peppers are great too, I really like jalapenos on pizza personally. And obviously you can't go wrong with pepperoni.

6 always pizza related, does pinapple belongs to pizza? (you better give the right answer, I am italian)

Definitely not. I won't begrudge anyone who likes it but to me it just doesn't belong.

4 hours ago, Matt thunder said:

5 recently me and @16z talked about what we put on our pizza, now you reply to the question, waht do you guys put on your pizza?

1. Heck yeah we deserve it! 

2. Houston with that recent trade they are our closest enemies. 

3. I would say better and we will play even better know. 

4. Vasile Lamb is really tear it up right know so that’s my guess. 

5. Peperoni, bacon, green pepper, mushroom and sausages. 

6. It don’t belong to pizza, but it’s not bad. 

10 hours ago, Matt thunder said:

1. I do think we deserve this. We have a great roster, and everyone has put in the work to be in this position. 

2. I also will have to go with Mississauga. Our series with them has been back and forth this year. 

3. I was not around last season, so I am not sure. But from what it seems, we have a shot to even be better.

4. Vasile Lamb or Gunnarwolfe Vomacka. Both these players are having great seasons.

5. Have to go with just a classic pepperoni. Maybe get some bacon on there.

6. I would not put pineapple on a pizza, but if someone does like it, I have no problem with that.

1. 1. Yes we deserve this spot we have been working hard this season with a great roster so we deserve this spot.
  2. I think Mississauga is our rival. Our series with them has been hard.
  3. I only joined not to long ago but I am sure we are on a good pace.
  4. Vasile Lamb has been on a tear I would think him.
  5. Pineapple pepperoni. 
  6. Yes it does belong on pizza but that's just my opinion.

On 12/8/2021 at 6:37 PM, Matt thunder said:

1. Yeah we do 

2. Yeah  personally everyone in the top 6 

3. Yeah but don’t forget that we won the playoffs. 
4. Tuthly i don’t know 

5. anything but no pineapples

6.No

On 12/8/2021 at 11:37 AM, Matt thunder said:

1. Yes, we will

2. Every team we face.

3. Better would be my assessment

4. That one guy. The one that gets a lot of points.

5. Anchovy with everything else.

6. Not only no, but hell no.  

On 12/8/2021 at 9:37 PM, Matt thunder said:

1- why not?)

2- Halifax21st or Huston

3- it seems to me a little bit worse, and all because of me)

4- Someone from our team will definitely be in the top three)

5- We are olives and sausage

6- I've never tried pineapple pizza

Week Ending December 19, 2021 

1 the team is having an up and down moment, yeah we are winning some gemes, but we are also losing some, do you think this is normal?

2 How would you fix our problem? would you changes some lines or maybe just make a trade?

3 Who do you think is the biggest presence on the rink?

4 Now, who do you think is the biggest presence in the lockeroom?

5 if you had to pick a hat to give to the first star of the game (of our team), wich  hat would you choose?

6 Who would win in a fight between me and 16z against a lynx? me and 16z or the lynx?

1 hour ago, Matt thunder said:

1 the team is having an up and down moment, yeah we are winning some gemes, but we are also losing some, do you think this is normal?

2 How would you fix our problem? would you changes some lines or maybe just make a trade?

5 if you had to pick a hat to give to the first star of the game (of our team), wich  hat would you choose?

6 Who would win in a fight between me and 16z against a lynx? me and 16z or the lynx?

1. sometimes the frens go through a rough spot here and there but I’m confident in our ability!

2.we must fight MOAR!! :3

3.Ragnars ability to get pints is very impressive but even tho he not on the ice 16z is a qt :3

4.the locker room has a bunch of amazing characters especially thunder … he chokeslammed me through a table the minute I signed with Ottawa :3

5.I would choose a crown because whoever the first star is becomes the royal dude :3

6.I think if you guys really believe…. U can do it be :3

18 hours ago, Matt thunder said:

1). Yes, we will be fine!

2). We don’t need to trade anything. We have a great team and have all the pieces we need. Just need to figure out what meshes well together or see what strategies work better!

3). I’d go with Max Torq, they put up some good hits, SBs, and help keep us in games when it counts!

4). Steve is a great part of the locker room as is mattonelle!

5). An absolutely obnoxious sombrero

6). The Lynx 🤣

22 hours ago, Matt thunder said:

Of course this is normal, no great teams win every game.

I think this group can pull together and get back on track. If we could trade a draft pick for another depth player we would probably be set.

Ragnar is great to have out there.

I'll go with Max Torq.

A furry hat.

The lynx would win in less than 5 seconds.

On 12/17/2021 at 4:35 PM, Matt thunder said:

1. Yes it’s normal you can’t go into a season and think that we are going to win all of our games. I trust this team to win the championship this year. 

2. No, we don’t need to make a move that is really good like that. 

3. Torq, live and vomacka are really good for us but it’s a team effort at the end of each win. 

4. Romain and torq are two who are really active in the LR. 

5. a sombrero or a cowboy hat Would be pretty nice ahah. 

6. I think 16Z and thunder are going to win. 

On 12/17/2021 at 2:35 PM, Matt thunder said:

1. Very normal in this league to have a few bumps on the road to the cup.

2. I would play our game with the great players we have. Nothing needs to be changed.

3. The fans of course.

4. In the shower or the actual locker room?

5. The hat that holds 2 beer cans and has a straw to drink them with.

6. I am afraid the lynx would take your lunch money.

On 12/18/2021 at 12:35 AM, Matt thunder said:

1 There is no championship without ups and downs

2 I would definitely not help in any way. We have a coach and assistants for this, I fully trust them and am confident in them!

3 Gates. But seriously, the coach is always on the rink and always in the game) Well, the goalkeeper)

4 Benches)

5 Kokoshnik))49415853_.png.b7617289a27d8f77ba10505da6a3b255.png

6 Difficult question, honestly, for me at least

I think it's normal, especially in the VHLM. There's not as much separation between teams in the M, so you can have peaks and valleys.

If anything I think it's lines - but I don't think there is anything to be fixed. We're the best team in the league and on a seven-game winning streak!

Gotta be Ragnar Hagstrom. Leading the team in points as a defenseman (plus third in the league in goals/points, fifth in assists) is a big accomplishment. We've got a fantastic defensive core but I think he's the biggest part of that.

There isn't necessarily one biggest presence in my opinion. I'd say Max Torq would be the closest though.

5 if you had to pick a hat to give to the first star of the game (of our team), wich  hat would you choose?

Something like this comes to mind. Although wearing a hat that involves killing a lynx seems counterproductive when the Lynx is our team name! Maybe we can have a cruelty-free fake fur version of that.

I have to go with a Lynx. That's a wild animal with teeth and claws, and a fairly big one at that. Unless one of you two is like a UFC champion or seven feet tall (or a seven foot tall UFC champion) I can't see it happening. Assuming you're fighting this lynx with your bare hands.

Week Ending December 26, 2021 

CHRISTMAS EDITION🎄

1 Christmas is finally here, what are you going to gift to your teammates?

2 If your player could ask anything to santa, what would you choose? (more tpes? a new stick? or maybe a new team?)

3 What is your favorite christmas movie?  (mine might be strange, but it is the gremlins)

4 What is now your favorite christmas song?

5 What are you planning to do while the VHL is on a break for a couple of days?

6 Now, here an other hard question, if me and @16z had to fight santa and rudolf, who would win?

Santa Claus Wrestling GIF by WWE

Edited by Matt thunder

I am giving everyone the infamous "Soap on a Rope".

2 If your player could ask anything to santa, what would you choose? (more tpes? a new stick? or maybe a new team?)

Peace on earth and good will to mankind. Oh, and front teeth.

3 What is your favorite christmas movie?  (mine might be strange, but it is the gremlins)

I really like the whole family to sit around the TV and watch some wholesome John Wick movies. Brings a tear to my eye everytime.

One of my favorites to listen to is Johnny Cash singing "Hurt".

I think I will just keep to the training program I have and call it good.

6 Now, here an other hard question, if me and @16z had to fight santa and rudolf, who would win?

Well Santa is a softie so nothing to worry there. Rudolf will go crazy and kick the shit out of you every time.

On 12/5/2021 at 3:53 PM, Steve said:

4 If you had to create a mascot for the Ottawa Lynx, what would you call it? I am going with Leonard the Lynx

5 If all the players of Ottawa joined the  squid game, who would win in your opinion? (not me for sure).

1- Of course we will win, with such a team only victory!

2- The beginning was not very good, but I think the ending is not bad)

3- We will win for sure, but I don't care about the rest yet)

4- a difficult question, the mascot must mean something not only for the team, but also for all the fans and the city)

5- Everyone has a chance to win, absolutely everyone, even you)

6- I would give them a trip to my hometown) And I would treat you with all sorts of goodies)

On 12/25/2021 at 12:00 PM, Matt thunder said:

Week Ending December 26, 2021 

CHRISTMAS EDITION🎄

6 Now, here an other hard question, if me and @16z had to fight santa and rudolf, who would win?

Santa Claus Wrestling GIF by WWE

1.  To bring back trophy. 
2. More stickers. 
3. Home alone 

4. Proper Crimbo

5. 16z