Ottawa Lynx press conference

On 3/4/2022 at 5:50 PM, Zack said:

Ottawa_Bar.png.32cb1657970c75e9b38110d1d5ff216a.png

Ottawa Lynx Presser 

:ott: Q1 -> It felt like yesterday the season began but here we are with a handful of games left.. Anything you want to see out of your player statistically during this final stretch?

:ott: Q2 -> Be honest we all size up the roster being joining a team.. Who has been your role model/build you looked up to or has helped you the most on ice?

:ott: Q3 -> Who is your favourite team in the VHLE and/or the VHL? Why??

:ott: Q4 -> The fans have been wild this season after our rise from the bottom of the standings, what's the craziet sign you've seen in the crowd? What did it say?? 

:ott: Q5 -> On our next road trip we'll be stopping to get food, which restaurant/fast food spot should we go? What are you ordering??

:ott: Q6 -> Who has the coolest/realistic player name/build on the team?

1. I would very much like to hit 50 goals, that would be a huge step in the right direction and I definitely think it is possible.

2. My former GM on Mexico Justin Lose was tearing up the VHL in my first year and he helped me a lot in building a strong offensive build.

3. Riga took a chance on me and drafted me pretty early on so I am definitely a fan of theirs. I hope they will still be competing for first when I get called up.

4. Any and all Benjamin Franklin Chang GIFS. Those slap.

5. SUSHIIIIII. Sushi is the single greatest food and if you disagree you are wrong.

6.Daniel Clarke has a really nice build and a normal sounding name unlike Benjamin Franklin Chang and Faith Hope Love which are more similar to the names of NBA players such as Ennis Freedom and Metta World Peace.

Ottawa Lynx Press Conference

1. How does it feel to be back in the playoffs?

2. Looking back at the regular season what are you happy with and what are you looking to improve?

3. Prediction on where The Lynx will finish in the Playoffs?

4. Who are you scared of facing in the playoffs? Any team that looks daunting or any team that looks like an easy challenge for The Lynx?

5. We will have to travel for the playoffs. What is your go to snack for traveling?

6. With the Draft coming up soon. Out of all the teams in the VHL and the VHLE, where is the dream place for you to play?

18 minutes ago, adison said:

2. Looking back at the regular season what are you happy with and what are you looking to improve?

4. Who are you scared of facing in the playoffs? Any team that looks daunting or any team that looks like an easy challenge for The Lynx?

5. We will have to travel for the playoffs. What is your go to snack for traveling?

6. With the Draft coming up soon. Out of all the teams in the VHL and the VHLE, where is the dream place for you to play?

1. This is my first time in the playoffs and it’s been a very exciting run of a season, I’m really hyped about what’s to come!

2. I’ve earned well so far, I’m pleased with that. I would like to be a bit more active on the forums and in the locker room.

3. Going all the way! Stranger things have happened.

4. I get the impression that Philadelphia is a team I don’t want to see too much of. I wouldn’t say there is a team that I think would be an easy win, either.

5. Twizzlers, beef jerky, and trail mix. Not necessarily in that order.

6. I’m into Nordic countries lately, so I guess maybe Oslo for VHLE or Helsinki for VHL? Stockholm or Malmo, too. Probably others that I’m not thinking of.

1. Well its my first play-off, so i am excited.
2. I am glad i could help team with my points, and improve in every aspect of a game.
3. Well i hope we are going for the cup.
4. I dont think there will be an easy opponent. Bulls and Reapers look strong.
5. Chocolate, i am an sweets addict.
6. In VHLE Bratislava with weird name, and VHL not sure yet:)

On 3/8/2022 at 7:19 PM, adison said:

1. Felt great, too bad the outcome wasn't what we wanted. After two full seasons I'm still waiting on my first playoff win.

2. I am very happy with my player, I was not expecting to do anywhere near as well as I did but thanks to some pretty good luck and being on a good line, I managed to finish top 10 in most offensive categories.

3. Unfortunately I already know where we finished and it is not at all what I expected or hoped, we got very unlucky but that is the way it goes sometimes.

4. I was looking forward to playing Mexico because I played for them last year but now that we got swept by them I am feeling thoroughly underwhelmed.

5. Any type of nuts. Whether it is trail mix or a bag of bar nuts of a bag of almonds, nuts are great for traveling because with the exception of peanuts, they do not make a big mess.

6. I am already on Riga and Vasteras and am definitely looking forward to moving up a league.

1. Sadly we lost in a hard fought battle in the first round of playoffs. How do you feel about your performance in the league so far?

2. What plans do you have for the off-season?

3. Any moves do you think the team should make so that we can go back to being the champions?

4. Who do you think will win it all?

5. What is your favorite candy/sweet and why?

6. Have you looked at the changes that will be hitting your player next season? What are your thoughts?

Thank you guys for a great season and having a chance at a three-peat!

1. Sadly we lost in a hard fought battle in the first round of playoffs. How do you feel about your performance in the league so far?

Still a question mark really with only 20 games on my resume but I guess my build will hopefully be decent having 100+ TPE

2. What plans do you have for the off-season?

Sit back and watch the playoffs, you don't get much rest in this league so every minute helps prepare for the next round of tasks

3. Any moves do you think the team should make so that we can go back to being the champions?

I think the teams next move would be to remain calm and rebuild smart, who knows maybe they can go on another run sooner than later

4. Who do you think will win it all?

Mexico City seems to be riding a high wave right now so it looks like them but I think a smartly built Wild will take it

5. What is your favorite candy/sweet and why?

Dinosours are too good! Just ordered myaelf a bag off of Amazon.. Nom nom nom

6. Have you looked at the changes that will be hitting your player next season? What are your thoughts?

I want the best build possible honestly, maybe copy another smart member or wait for the season to start before applying.. We'll see I'll probably end up applying and messing it all up anyway haha

1. I played good in last regular season games, so i hoped it will be same in play-off. So i am not happy with my performance.
2. Well i am in the junior showcase, so plan is to play good there, and get drafted :)
3. Get some active players in team.
4. I think Saskatoon have a strong team, with good chemistry.
5. Dark chocolate, its yummyyy
6. Honestly i dont know, i am not here for long, and finally learned a little about it, and now they are going to change it. So lets see how it will work.

Edited by Otaznik

On 3/18/2022 at 10:40 PM, adison said:

1. Sadly we lost in a hard fought battle in the first round of playoffs. How do you feel about your performance in the league so far?

2. What plans do you have for the off-season?

3. Any moves do you think the team should make so that we can go back to being the champions?

4. Who do you think will win it all?

5. What is your favorite candy/sweet and why?

6. Have you looked at the changes that will be hitting your player next season? What are your thoughts?

Thank you guys for a great season and having a chance at a three-peat!

1. I feel i have done great in my career. I wish the team well following when i get drafted. Maybe one day there will be a reunion?

2. To do well in the Junior Showcase and grind TPE

3. Offer more active prospects

4. The Reapers

5. Dark Chocolate. Just tastes good to me. 

6. i am upset by the changing of the stats but i do think it will be better for the long run.

I would like to thank my supporting teammates, the GM @Zack, the AGM @adison, and all the people that helped me get this far. I wish this team the best and hope i may come back one day or at least have Zack as a GM again :).

• 3 weeks later...

Ottawa Lynx

Ottawa_Bar.png.32cb1657970c75e9b38110d1d5ff216a.png.1cc50419fb034b83cbaf57941c3fbbf7.png

Press Conference

:ott:1. What have you been doing this off-season?

:ott:2. Which team do you think we will win the most games against?

:ott:3. What is something you want the coach to try during preseason/start of the season? 

:ott:4. If you could add a random/realistic condition to your contract what it be?

:ott:5. What do you hope to achieve as a team or player this season?

:ott:6. Imagine our team turned into a band during one of your dreams, what would it be called? What kind of music would we perform??

Edited by Zack

• 2 weeks later...

1. Trying to do everything I can this season to come in and contribute any way possible to this team.

2. Honestly I like the make up of our team this season , I think we match up great against every team in the league . But Mexico City is the team I’d have to pick as our most favourable match up.

3. Implement a system and set the ton as to what our team identify is this season.

4. I’d have to say performance bonuses , would be a little something that’d give a guy some extra motivation in the season

5. team success is first and foremost the most important thing I hope we can have a great season and go on a run in the playoffs. Personally I’d like to contribute every night in some way shape or form.

6. I’m still new here and haven’t really got to know the boys all that good but I feel like we’d play some rock . As for a name I’m not to sure maybe the lynx lol  

• 2 weeks later...

Ottawa Lynx

Ottawa_Bar.png.32cb1657970c75e9b38110d1d5ff216a.png.1cc50419fb034b83cbaf57941c3fbbf7.png

Press Conference

:ott:1. What's the one thing that keeps you coming back to the site?

:ott:2. What logo (any league) has your favorite combination of colours?

:ott:3. The Lynx are doing a combo deal and need suggestions, what food, drink and snack would you want us to sell?

:ott:4. How long of a win streak does a team need to be considered "on fire"?

:ott:5. If you could add a rule, equiptment item or anything else from a different sports league to help your game in the VHLM, what would it be?

:ott:6. What jersey number did you choose? Why did you pick that number??

18 hours ago, Zack said:

Ottawa Lynx

Press Conference

:ott:1. What's the one thing that keeps you coming back to the site?

:ott:2. What logo (any league) has your favorite combination of colours?

:ott:3. The Lynx are doing a combo deal and need suggestions, what food, drink and snack would you want us to sell?

:ott:4. How long of a win streak does a team need to be considered "on fire"?

:ott:5. If you could add a rule, equiptment item or anything else from a different sports league to help your game in the VHLM, what would it be?

:ott:6. What jersey number did you choose? Why did you pick that number??

1. Trying to grow and progress as much as I can honestly !

2.lynx is pretty hard to beat in my opinion !

3.Double Cheesburger large onion rings , probably a coke and popcorn all in one combo 

4.I’d say 3 to gain attention 5 plus to be considered “on fire”

5. That’s a good question I can’t really pick one that would make sense right now

6. number 19 Stevie y and joe Sakic were 2 of my favourite players growing up and that was the number I was given playing hockey and I just stuck with it 

Ottawa Lynx

Press Conference

:ott:1. The trade deadline is on the 16th and we are almost halfway through the season, who do you think will be the most active team?

:ott:2. If you could put a title on the clip of your first goal, what would it be?

:ott:3. If the team decided to make a statue of any player in team history, who would you choose? (refer to the all time player statistics on the team page on the portal, anybody works)

:ott:4. The team has been changing our penalty shot/shootout line up a lot this season, who would suggest we have shooting the puck in our top 3?

:ott:5. Would you rather receive a big hit or block a slapshot? 

:ott:6. What's something you do to make your locker room laugh?

Edited by Zack

8 minutes ago, Zack said:

Ottawa Lynx

Press Conference

:ott:1. The trade deadline is on the 16th and we are almost halfway through the season, who do you think will be the most active team?

:ott:2. If you could put a title on the clip of your first goal, what would it be?

:ott:3. If the team decided to make a statue of any player in team history, who would you choose? (refer to the all time player statistics on the team page on the portal, anybody works)

:ott:4. The team has been changing our penalty shot/shootout line up a lot this season, who would suggest we have shooting the puck in our top 3?

1. I could see us adding a big piece to push us over the edge , Vegas could make some noise too .

2. Rookie’s first goal a dream come true!

3. Honestly I’m not sure there’s so many good players to choose from I can’t pick one

4. Jaun sano #1 forgues #2 messier #3

5. if it was to make a play definitely take the hit!

6. I’m quite the practical joker so I love joking around with the boys

On 5/10/2022 at 12:57 AM, Zack said:

Ottawa Lynx

Press Conference

1. All the teams how are not in playoffs spot. 
2. Welll that was unexpected but goalllllllllll. 

3. Are number 1 goaltender. He has be on fire. 
4. I don’t know really I haven’t been keeping up how has scored there penalty shots and haven’t. 

5. A big it in to the bored.
6. probably slip on the ice every morning. For training.  

Ottawa Lynx

Press Conference

:ott:1. Fans want merchandise, what's a random item you want us to sell with your jersey number on it?

:ott:2. How do you view daily sims? Instantly check, Discord results or scroll through the text?

:ott:3. Does anything in the league remind you of anything in real life? If so, what? If not.. Why?

:ott:4. The Lynx skills competition is coming up.. What drill is your player signing up for? 

:ott:5. Are you a speed or puck handling enjoyer?

:ott:6. What's a food or drink you've never had but want to try?

21 hours ago, Zack said:

Ottawa Lynx

Press Conference

:ott:1. Fans want merchandise, what's a random item you want us to sell with your jersey number on it?

:ott:2. How do you view daily sims? Instantly check, Discord results or scroll through the text?

:ott:3. Does anything in the league remind you of anything in real life? If so, what? If not.. Why?

:ott:4. The Lynx skills competition is coming up.. What drill is your player signing up for? 

1.  Underwear, so your mother can finally let the entire neighborhood who her favorite player is

2. I don't tbh, I msg our GM and he tells me how we are doing

3. When I check sims and see I scored 0 points, reminds me of my play in real life

4. Shootout contest because my player isn't very good at anything right now so hopefully he can impress with flashy shit

5. Puck handling for sure

6. A real cinnabon cinnamon roll. I alsways got their pretzels as a kid but fuuuuuck man a cinnamon roll sounds bomb right now

On 5/16/2022 at 4:31 PM, Zack said:

Ottawa Lynx

Press Conference

1. Hat forsure! Let’s be honest who doesn’t love a good hat ?

2.Scroll through daily sims

3. Seeing my assists to goals ratio , I’m more of a playmaker in real life !

4. Fastest skater , skating is my biggest attribute and something I take pride in training so it only fitting that , I take part in that event

5. speed , I take pride in working on my skating I think it’s a huge part of my game, don’t get me wrong puck handling is too but skating is my foundation 

6. dragonfruit always wanted to try , never have !

Edited by l1l KRZY l9l

Ottawa Lynx

Press Conference

:ott:1. What's one piece of advice you'd give your play heading into playoffs?

:ott:2. How do you feel about your season as a member and a player?

:ott:3. The team has been streaky lately, what's your opinion on what's going good and what's going bad?

:ott:4. Do you pronounce it Colo-RAW-do or Colo-RAH-do?

:ott:5. Who's your pick for team MVP?

:ott:6. Which team do you think will be a spoiler in the playoffs?

On 5/24/2022 at 1:52 PM, ShawnGlade said:

Ottawa Lynx

Press Conference

:ott:1. What's one piece of advice you'd give your play heading into playoffs?

:ott:2. How do you feel about your season as a member and a player?

:ott:3. The team has been streaky lately, what's your opinion on what's going good and what's going bad?

:ott:4. Do you pronounce it Colo-RAW-do or Colo-RAH-do?

:ott:5. Who's your pick for team MVP?

:ott:6. Which team do you think will be a spoiler in the playoffs?

1. Play hard every shift make an impact any way I can.

2. I came along way and grew a lot , grew into a two way player and look to expand on that in the playoffs and next season

3. we need to be more consistent when we’re on we’re on !

4. Colo-RAW-do

5. Juan Soto, he drives the bus every night he’s the heartbeat of our team every night !

6. That’s the beauty of playoffs every team can be a spoiler . So I can’t really pick just one team 

Ottawa Lynx

Press Conference

:ott:1. The cinderella run is in full swing! Why do you think that is? 

:ott:2. Who's you pick to win playoff MVP?

:ott:3. In your opinion, who goes #1 in the VHLM draft this off-season?

:ott:4. Do you pronounce it Gair-age or Gah-rage

:ott:5. How do you feel about your performance these playoffs?

:ott:6. Who do you want to win the Stanley Cup?

:ott:1. The cinderella run is in full swing! Why do you think that is? 

Definitley us but if I had to pick another team it would be Halifax because they haven't been this good in a bit, goaltending is insane over there

Probably a defender, not sure who but they usually do the most

:ott:3. In your opinion, who goes #1 in the VHLM draft this off-season?

Cooke is looking pretty good for us.. I'd pick him seeing how we had plenty of first rounders on our squad last season

Gah for sure, the other one sounds French, like Paris french haha

Pretty good, lead during the season and have had plenty of great goals for my team in San Diego!

Toronto was my first pick, next is Colorado and after that I pick Colorado

On 6/1/2022 at 1:33 PM, ShawnGlade said:

Ottawa Lynx

Press Conference

1.  Halifax is looking good , they are playing really good hockey right now!

2. Marino for us has been lights out on both ends of the ice this post season that’s my pick forsure 

3. I’m in the draft this off season so I don’t think it’s a question I should answer to be honest. but I will say there’s tons of great players available!

4.Gair-age , honestly just had to say it in my head 5 times lol 

5. I’m playing hard every game I’d love to be more productive but I’m giving my best effort every single game !

6. Edmonton is my favourite team would love to see them get the job done this year .

A good team effort goes a long way.

That one guy that scores a lot.

I haven't followed the draft but I would imagine it will be somebody that is popular.

I thought it was Lady Ga Ga.

I have been playing well. The team has been strong all season.

Oilers