Ottawa Lynx press conference

On 10/15/2021 at 10:03 AM, Matt thunder said:

1 The team lately is having an up and down moment, do you think we will be able to get back in the shape of the start of the season? Absolutely I do

2 Are you happy with your player stats? were you aiming for more or less? I didn't have any objectives for this season, but to become a great all around player. I think I did

3 Lately we have signed some free agents, are you happy with our recruits? (finally @NickSunderbruch can have a break lol) I don't really know Them 

4 Some days ago some players talked about other simulation leagues on the discord server, so, if you have played in an other simulation league, wich one would you recommend? I have not been in other sims.

5 What is the thing that you miss more from your childhood? (I miss a lot of things to be honest) Elementary school was a blast

6 If Ottawa had to change name, wich one would you recommend? (to be honest I like the name: ottawa lumberjacks) The Ottawa Moose

Hello my fellow Lynx, sorry for the late set of questions but if you haven't earned TPE from answering a set this week.. Here you go :ott:

1. We have traveled around the league a few times this season and eat at a lot of different restaurants, which location is your favorite to visit and why? (yes you can pick Ottawa ;))

2. Whenever we've had a hat trick this season the fans have been covering the ice with frozen fish, do we need to change it to anything else? If so what would you suggest?

3. We all have our sticks taped a certain way, tinted or no tinted visors and at the end of each game some equipment gets used more than others.. If you could give them the Three Stars of the night, which pieces do you think earned the honors?

4. Our locker room doesn't have a lot of channels right now and I did that so it was easier for players to adjust with all the other channel notifications, do you like it as is or do you think we need to add a few more channels for more enjoyment in the locker room?

5. Okay I'm allowing everybody to BYPTW (bring your pet to work), do you have an animal you could bring or are you borrowing the neighbors? If so what type of animal is it?

6. We all have our mistakes and the game goes on, what is the biggest thing you learnt or improved on as the season progressed?

OTTAWA LYNX PRESS CONFERENCE :ott:

Week Ending October 31, 2021 Happy Halloween GIF by joeyahlbum

1 we are back on track baby, we won two time against Yukon,our rival for the title (with minnesota), are you happy? and also, are you ready for the playoffs?

2 wich team surprised you more this season (at the moment)?

3 wich team disappointed you more this season (at the moment) ?

4 what is your favorite dish? for exemple mine is Pizza

Rainbow Pizza GIF

5 as this week there will been halloween, will you party with your friends or will you stay at home because you do not like halloween?

6 NHL finally started, is your team off to a good start?

Edited by Matt thunder

15 minutes ago, 16z said:

Hello my fellow Lynx, sorry for the late set of questions but if you haven't earned TPE from answering a set this week.. Here you go :ott:

1. We have traveled around the league a few times this season and eat at a lot of different restaurants, which location is your favorite to visit and why? (yes you can pick Ottawa ;))

2. Whenever we've had a hat trick this season the fans have been covering the ice with frozen fish, do we need to change it to anything else? If so what would you suggest?

3. We all have our sticks taped a certain way, tinted or no tinted visors and at the end of each game some equipment gets used more than others.. If you could give them the Three Stars of the night, which pieces do you think earned the honors?

4. Our locker room doesn't have a lot of channels right now and I did that so it was easier for players to adjust with all the other channel notifications, do you like it as is or do you think we need to add a few more channels for more enjoyment in the locker room?

5. Okay I'm allowing everybody to BYPTW (bring your pet to work), do you have an animal you could bring or are you borrowing the neighbors? If so what type of animal is it?

6. We all have our mistakes and the game goes on, what is the biggest thing you learnt or improved on as the season progressed?

1 Ottawa of course, home sweet home.

2 fish? OK now I understand the smell, so it wasn't me LOL, I should shower more often.

3 the tape will get the first star with no problems.

4 I think we should add a channel about music, so everyone can shere with everyone else their favorite songs and maybe find an other member with the same music taste.

5 I am not bringing enything, I do not have a pet and so do my neighbors, life is kinda boring in my zone.

6 I learned to do press conferences, how to recruit players and of course more about the job as an AGM

Edited by Matt thunder

2 hours ago, Matt thunder said:

1 we are back on track baby, we won two time against Yukon,our rival for the title (with minnesota), are you happy? and also, are you ready for the playoffs?

Rainbow Pizza GIF

5 as this week there will been halloween, will you party with your friends or will you stay at home because you do not like halloween?

1.  Our victories over Yukon are signs that we are growing. While I feel we are ready for a playoff push, we can't overlook any other team.

2. Minnesota is close behind us and Yukon. They should be taken seriously.

3. San Diego and Mexico City have been disappointing. I expected better from these two teams

4. If varies for me. Today it is kiwi. Month later, who knows.

5. I may help my aunt hand out candy. Otherwise parties aren't for me.

6. They have done ok. Some crippling injuries early but they are winning. 

I like Ottawa just to get me some of that Beaver.

A nice frozen steak every once in awhile would be nice.

I would say stick tape all around.

I like it how it is but I haven't been here long enough to notice any other needs.

I would bring my old dog Oscar to work. 

I have made mistakes as you just need to work through them and improve for the next game. Having good leadership to point out things that could be better really helps.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:23 AM, Matt thunder said:

Feels good to finally beat a team that's been a thorn in our side all season, proves we can beat them if we meet up in the playoffs and it helped rejuvenate our crowd for our final push

Big props to Minnesota, they've been competitive all season and now all their hard work is paying off

I'm not surprised to see some of the top teams near the bottom but I expected the champions in Miami to go for it again.. I was wrong. They seem to be just chilling in the middle 

Bean burritos 

I usually binge watch Halloween movies and horrors, carve some pumpkins and turn the lights out for maximum spookiness

Well I think it may still be too early to really know but our defense has been on point.. If we can get our offense going we'll be a decent team this season

On 10/23/2021 at 8:19 AM, 16z said:

1-Halifax is a nice little place but i prefer Ottawa

2-nope, thats fine and original

3-This question is a bit weird, i guess my pink tape job #breastcancerawareness 

4-Personnaly im that well in discord. it seems like a complexe thing for me, i think its fine as is.

5-yes its a dog

6-i think goal scoring, in past 17 games i scored 5 goals and 3 assists compared to 0 goals and 5 assists in the first 49 games

Rainbow Pizza GIF

1. I'm very happy, the team is looking good. I'm only hoping we can keep this up.

2. Yukon Rush, they're fairly new, only a couple seasons in. Yet they're on track for one of the best seasons ever recorded.

3. The Wild and the Hounds definitely. They topped the standings last season for their respective divisions. Now they're at the bottom of their respective divisions.

4. I like Pizza as well!

5. I'm staying home this year. Not necessarily because I don't like it though.

6. Meh... (Leaf's Fan)

1 we are back on track baby, we won two time against Yukon,our rival for the title (with minnesota), are you happy? and also, are you ready for the playoffs? I am so happy and thrilled for the playoffs. 

2 wich team surprised you more this season (at the moment)?  Minnesota. I feel like they surprises a lot of people including me

3 wich team disappointed you more this season (at the moment) ? Miami. They could have been Higher in the standings imo

4 what is your favorite dish? for exemple mine is Pizza. Pizza too

Rainbow Pizza GIF

5 as this week there will been halloween, will you party with your friends or will you stay at home because you do not like halloween? I will work 

6 NHL finally started, is your team off to a good start? Hell nah. We suck. #shameforshane. 

Edited Saturday at 08:26 AM by Matt thunder

Of course I'm happy, I just got into the team and already have such tops) Go Go Go

I was surprised by our team, because it accepted me)))) In general, I didn't even watch the other teams

On 10/25/2021 at 11:10 PM, Habs fan said:

Every team has ups and downs. What was strong can become weak for a human reason

4 what is your favorite dish?

There is a Tatar nationality in Russia, so they have a delicious tasty bun with meat.

i?r=AzEPZsRbOZEKgBhR0XGMT1Rk1j21SIGchh-_

We do not celebrate such a holiday in Russia) Some are just trying to introduce it to us, but they are not doing well)

Oooooooh yes, Ovechkin is breaking all records) although he has not been young for a long time

On 10/25/2021 at 3:23 AM, 16z said:

1. we're absolutely killing it, I'm so hyped for the playoffs. 

2. I feel like Vegas making the playoffs with only 3 real players this season is the biggest shock.

3. I don't think any team is capable of dissapointing me, I usually expect the Ms landscape to change constantly. 

4. Favorite dish has to be Thai Peppered Steak.

5. I'm going to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando. so I'm pshyched

6. The Lightning are starting a little slow, the loss to buffalo stung, but we're making our comeback.

1 We are back on track baby, we won two time against Yukon, our rival for the title (with Minnesota), are you happy? and also, are you ready for the playoffs?

I am very happy and I was born ready.

2 Which team surprised you more this season (at the moment)?

I don't know  the teams well enough to give a good opinion. I am a rookie and this is all new to me.

3 Which team disappointed you more this season (at the moment)?

Any of the teams we lost to.

4 What is your favorite dish? For example mine is Pizza.

I really like Chinese food.

5 As this week there will been Halloween, will you party with your friends or will you stay at home because you do not like Halloween?

I stayed home and played tricks on my dog.

I follow the LA Kings so that says it all.

Week Ending November 7 , 2021 

1 Playoffs just started and we are off to a great start, do you think we will be able to get into the final stage or not?

2 Who do you think will get into the finals? (your options are Ottawa, Minnesota, Halifax and Yukon)

3 Are you happy or sad that this chapter of your career is nearly over?

4 What is your favorite drink? ( mine is water or maybe orange juice, I do not like that much drinks with a lot sugar, they destroy your body)

5 Last time I asked you what were you doing for Halloween, now I am going to ask you: did you have fun that night as you planned or was it boring?

6 If you could bring back to life a famous historical figure, who would you choose?

49 minutes ago, Matt thunder said:

1 Playoffs just started and we are off to a great start, do you think we will be able to get into the final stage or not?

Our team definitely has the fight in them and we are off to a good start, just gotta maintain our patience with the puck and keep pushing for every inch available

2 Who do you think will get into the finals? (your options are Ottawa, Minnesota, Halifax and Yukon)

I see Yukon making it no doubt

I'm happy that this chapter is nearly over because I have big plans for next season too 

4 What is your favorite drink? ( mine is water or maybe orange juice, I do not like that much drinks with a lot sugar, they destroy your body)

Rockstar fruit punch, mountain dew blue or red and strawberry chocolate milk

5 Last time I asked you what were you doing for Halloween, now I am going to ask you: did you have fun that night as you planned or was it boring?

Yeah it was the regular, treats and movies.. It was fun

6 If you could bring back to life a famous historical figure, who would you choose?

Tupac for sure, he's a legend!

6 hours ago, Matt thunder said:

1. We are going to the finals. We are too powerful to be stopped.

2. Ottawa and Yukon. This match up has been the final everyone has expected for some time.

3. A bit of both. You can only be a first time VHLM player once. Yet there are so many memories waiting for me in the E.

4. I like tea. In any state tea is good, hot or cold, sweet or green. 

5. My Halloween went to expectations. We helped my aunt pass out candy, and I took care of the dog. That dog loves me. He took me for a walk into the neighbors yard. It was a good time.

6. I do want to see how Martin Luther King would react to the Black Lives Matter movement. Would he be supportive of the goals. Would he clash with the more violent elements. Bit of both?

8 hours ago, Matt thunder said:

1. Yes, we are a great team and I’m pretty confident that we can win it all.

2. Ottawa and Yukon will be in the finals because both are the strongest teams in this league.

3. I’m happy and sad because I really like this team but I’m getting better and almost ready to take a step forward into the upper leagues .

4. Dr. Pepper

5. I had fun on Halloween night.

6. I would bring back the JFK just because I would love to see him run our country.

14 hours ago, Matt thunder said:

Edited by Turnip67

14 hours ago, Matt thunder said:

1. We are taking out the brooms again. 

2. Us and Yukon

3. only eligible for next draft, so it isnt over yet

4. Water and tea

5. my night was really boring

6. Paul Walker. not really historic but still

Of course we will pass and we will be the top 2 minimum)

I can't even guess, but we will be there 100%

Of course I'm upset, because it's unknown what will happen next, and the team is so fun)

Milk)

As I said, this holiday is not particularly popular in Russia)

Probably Stalin, the whole world was afraid of him)

On 11/2/2021 at 5:04 AM, Matt thunder said:

1. Definitely

2. Ottawa, Yukon

3. Yeah, it's nearing for me, I love being here in Ottawa.

4. Depends on how I'm feeling, if I'm feeling good, I'll take a pop (Canadian lmao) or a Gatorade or sumn. But if I'm just thirsty in General, I'll take a water.

5. I didn't go out lol.

6. George Washington.

On 11/2/2021 at 5:04 AM, Matt thunder said:

1.Playoffs just started and we are off to a great start, do you think we will be able to get into the final stage or not? Absolutely I do

2 Who do you think will get into the finals? (your options are Ottawa, Minnesota, Halifax and Yukon) Ottawa, Yukon

3 Are you happy or sad that this chapter of your career is nearly over? I'm grateful for everything, but a bit sad that I'm in the last stage of my vhlm career and at the same time, happy to begin a new chapter of my career

4 What is your favorite drink? ( mine is water or maybe orange juice, I do not like that much drinks with a lot sugar, they destroy your body) Blue Gatorade

5 Last time I asked you what were you doing for Halloween, now I am going to ask you: did you have fun that night as you planned or was it boring? It was boring and the Habs lost so boring +++

6 If you could bring back to life a famous historical figure, who would you choose? Freddie Mercury

Yes, we will win the cup.

I am guessing Yukon.

Sad to leave the team, happy to move on and learn more skills.

I like water with lots of ice.

I just drove around the streets in my van with no windows. It was fun.

Mark Twain

Week Ending November 14 , 2021 

1 GUESS WHAT? WE JUST WON THE FRICKING VHLM, how are you feeling? you will always remember this day?

2 Now, let's not lie, when yukon won game 6, where you scared to lose at game 7?

3 What will be your favorite memory of this season? winng the cup? or will you have an other memory in mind?

4 What will you miss more from this season? a player? the GM?

5 If netflix had to make a film about us winng the cup, which title would you propose? ( I would propose the underlynx, get it? the underdog is now the underlynx as everyone thought yukon was going to win, but guess what? we won. )

6 The offseason is started, what is your player going to do during this time? train more or just relax?